Gastroenterologist

3313 Unicorn Lake Blvd
Ste 152
Denton, TX 76210
940-898-8245
Locations and availability (3)

by Roger D. Kappel on Jul 17th, 2014

Excellent care by Dr. Quan and staff. They made me feel very comfortable throughout procedure. Professional results given at close of procedure were very helpful for future health care. Would highly recommend Dr. Quan to my friends and associates.

by K Marshall on Jul 10th, 2014

Our experience at Dr Quan office was exceptional everyone we came into contact with was very nice, polite and courteous. I highly recommend their office.

by Scott Y on Jul 9th, 2014

It was very easy to get an appointment and scheduled procedure. I was provided detailed information of what was going to happen and the staff was great. Dr. Quan was very professional. The whole operation ran like clockwork. Other than not feeling well, which is the reason I went, this was about as painless of a doctor visit I could hope for from anyone.

|  good  |  show details
by mr jackson on Jun 26th, 2014

doctor saw me the day i called for an appointment since it was an emergency, when all other doctors had weeks worth of waiting. nothing negative to say, nice doc, nice staff, really nice, new office.

|  Outstanding experience.  |  show details
by Ruskin Teeter on Jan 22nd, 2014

Knowledgable , friendly, recommend highly. Highest rating.

|  Super Doc  |  show details
by Greg C on Jan 2nd, 2014

Doctor and staff great. Turned out that I didn't have Hep. C . but if I had, they made me feel like no matter what, things were going to be alright. Would recommend to anyone, these guys are special....

|  dr quan  |  show details
by n on Dec 20th, 2013

reading over some of these reviews and then seeing dr quan myself, i've come to the realization that some people just cannot be pleased. dr quan is a wonderful doctor who knows exactly what he is doing. you might have to wait a short amount of time, but it is worth it. what doctor doesn't make you wait? he truly cares for the patients health and wellbeing. his office staff is more than helpful and they can do appointments on short notice. i will recommend him to everyone.

|  Dr. Quan truly saved my life in the most difficult & hard to understand part of it.  |  show details
by Daniel N on Dec 10th, 2013

My story started quite a while ago when I was at the age of 18. I was a slender kid that grew passionate towards fitness & eventually weight lifting. I took up running until I started developing a striking pain in my hip area that would come & go, come & go. Sometimes the left side, sometimes the right. I thought nothing of it to be honest. I just assumed it to be some sort of gym related injury. I weight lifted a few years getting my weight up to 185 from 140. The pain progressed & started being too much so I went to see my pcp. He initiated the standard questions, x-rays, mobility tests, & quick fix meds. I can't emphasize how much the pain would come and go, to the point people thought I were making it up altogether. When it came I would have a limp in my walk & a shooting pain that I can only describe as if a nerve were being pinched? I'd go to sleep and sometimes the next day wake up feeling like the pain had never existed. I got sent to my first rheumatologist which I won't name because my opinion is negative towards. I had an mri of my si joints which didn't show anything. Went to appointment after appointment & my blood work showed I had a gene which can be correlated w/ the disease ankylosing spondylitis. I did like any young computer savvy kid would do & googled everything. Sadly my symptoms matched up more than I would have hoped. The doctor wanted me to take stomach injections or said I would gradually become crippled within years. Any time you hear a doctor say that sort of thing you become a little emotional in whichever way you deem to show. It was never proven I had AS so I decided to go against the opinion of my doctor & family and refused injections. I went to get a 2nd opinion which was no different. Then I got a 3rd opinion still the same. I stopped going to doctors altogether after that for a while. After a couple of years the pain came back greater than ever. I made an appointment and had new tests done. During the time I was waiting for results my body started rejecting food & believe me I love food. I was unable to work & had incorporated a wheel chair to get aroun. When I wheeled my way into the appointment for results my rheumatologist looked me in the eye and told me nothing were wrong. I was about 9 days into my body rejecting food so I broke down a bit & pleaded that something is wrong. I had to contact my pcp to get me admitted to the emergency room & if you're still reading Dr. Quan will soon come into the picture. After the run I got admitted & the tests came soaring at me. I had a mri of my si joints again, abdominal ct scan, bone density test, throat study, & blood work everyday. They did another test on me that truly affected me in a very awkward way which was the mri of my brain. I always struggle describing this part because it was the lowest of the lows for me. How would you feel if a doctor told you maybe there was a lesion or something in your brain that was telling your body not to eat. Absolutely the most uncomfortable test. The contrast solution is chilling and you can literally feel it move around. After that it was back to the room. They keep track of what you eat and my board was very bleak. They incorporated a liquid diet and I could handle that fine. The next day I got the tests of the brain mri & was informed I had a sinus infection. I asked what else & that was it, just a sinus infection. I was malnourished to the point that even raising arms was difficult so I couldn't display how upset I was. I had been using the bathroom more frequently which was odd because I had nothing coming in but a lot was going out. I'm somewhat tearing up right now because of what's next. The morning of the day I had the privilege to meet Dr. Quan a nurse came in because my arm was slightly swollen in the iv location. She decided to change arms. When the iv needle went into my arm she knew she was in the vein but blood wasn't rushing through the needle. She said it was something she had never seen before. I knew that couldn't be good because her eyes started to water up. She pushed harder and thankfully blood started to flow a bit. I started realizing that my time might soon be up. I kept that to myself for when my family, friends, & employers which were like family visited. There's a saying “When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” That's what I tried to do. The frequenting of my bedside toilet must have someway reach Dr. Quan. He visited me at my most defeated point & let me know he wanted to do a colonoscopy & I obliged. I drank the go lytely and my leave behinds never became cleared up so I had to drink more, & more, & more. Never being cleared up. Finally around 4 am I was allowed to go to sleep. A few hours later I was taken to have the procedure done and when you go under it always seems like a split second & it did. Dr. Quan let me know I had one of the most severe cases of ulcerative colitis he had ever witnessed. All this time I had been mislead by 3 rheumatologists and to actually know what was causing this was a heart felt relief. I became heavily medicated and they brought me some food shortly after. I tried my best to eat it and my body still rejected it. After they took the food away I felt something I'll describe as a cold-chill like feeling. I felt so hungry and asked them if they could bring me something to eat. They brought me a burger and fries. If you remember at the start I love food. I devoured it in it's entirety in less than 2 minutes. The tech came back in to see if I needed anything and was in shock. It was very uplifting to display to the staff that I wasn't rejecting food because of a brain lesion or by choice due to depression. I was monitored a couple more days & released. I had lost 45 lbs & any muscle from weight lifting. After that I began making appointments with Dr. Quan to get diagnosed with the proper meds and to better understand my condition. The whole process was sometimes difficult. He prescribed me the most responsive meds & I haven't had any problems since. It's been over 2 years so this isn't a spur of the moment review. Everyone has opinions towards doctors they've visited good & bad. I can honestly tell you Dr. Quan is very informative and actually listens. I very much feel like he saved my life & I am forever thankful. He knows what he's doing. His staff is very friendly & uplifting in a sometimes saddening environment of people having enduring health conditions. As long as he's around my area he will be who I choose without question.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Dr.Quan is Great!  |  show details
by Jill & Greg on Nov 17th, 2013

Dr.Quan and his staff are very nice and very professional. They were willing to see my husband the same day on short notice because of a GI issue. No long wait times. The doctor is down to earth and friendly. I came in with a specific request for a procedure and he was very accommodating. Also, after a few weeks I wanted to try a different type of medication and I called his office to see if I could get an Rx for the med I wanted. His staff faxed my pharmacy the med, no hassle, no unnecessary additional appointments. Go to Dr.Quan! He and his staff will take great care of you. :)

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Mike Nunez on Nov 16th, 2013

Dr. Quan has been my wife's and my doctor for over two years and we cannot say enough about his efficiency, his true concern for our health and his interest in knowing that he is doing the very best to help us. He is willing to listen and always takes as much time as necessary to address our concerns. We most definitely recommend Dr. Quan to anyone seeking his type of expertise. Dr. Quan's staff is very efficient, polite and caring, something that we always look for in selecting a doctor.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Dave M on Nov 14th, 2013

I have been a patient for Dr. Quan for several years and have found him to be a very compassionate, helpful physician. My condition is one that requires constant monitoring and with his assistance the condition is now under control. Dr. Quan spends quality time with me at each office visit and this quality I find to be great. His staff are always there with a smile. I have referred Dr. Quan to many friends and will continue to do so. Thanks Dr. Quan.

|  Meeting Dr. Quan  |  show details
by William Ambre on Oct 14th, 2013

I thoroughly like and approve of this man. Courteous, professional, direct and informative. When meeting Dr. Quan, he was instantly friendly, asking about my condition, and evaluating my condition. He read the referring documents and reviewed the test conclusions. He discussed his diagnosis with me and provided a recommended treatment plan. He set in motion the scheduling of further testing and provided me with scheduling options. I admire his sincerity and knowledge. I am happy to have him as my doctor. Thank you for the opportunity to discuss my time with this outstanding doctor.

Sep 23rd, 2013

Had been going to Dr Quan for abdominal pain for 3 years. He told me that it was stress and nothing he could do. Finally got so bad that I was at the ER the other night. They told me I had ulcerative colitis. Thanks for nothing Dr Quan!! I now have another Dr who is treating this problem. No more "Just need to de-stress" diagnosis!!! Finally someone who is doing something to get rid of a 3 year pain!!

Sep 22nd, 2013

I just finished treatment for hepatitis c. It is a really tough treatment, but I dont think that I would have made it through it without Dr. Quan and his office. I followed up with the doctor every month after my lab work at the hepatitis c support group. It was nice because I got to talk to other people on treatment, and people who finished before me. I just feel like Dr. Quan and the staff cared about me from start to finish.

|  Better than I expected  |  show details
by Marcy on Sep 17th, 2013

I usually don't write reviews but I thought I should share my experience after being on the fence about seeing Dr. Quan. I have been seeing a different Gastroenterologist for the past few years and I just finally got fed up with his inability to help me so I went searching for a new one, I read some iffy reviews about Dr. Quan which had me hesitant but he was referred by a friend who I trust so I figured i'd give it him a try. He was very direct and professional, seemed to ask the right questions and even got my condition right without me having to drill him about what I researched online...most doctors hate when you seem smarter than them ! In any case, I can see why some people don't like him. He doesn't spend much time talking about the weather or talking about himself which tends to break the ice with other doctors. I liked that he was direct and wanted to get me healthy again. Its been about two weeks and i'm feeling better so I guess time will tell if he was right. Just wanted to share my experience.

by Dr. Gang Quan MD on Sep 9th, 2013

had to wait a long time for him come in the office. no information what I should eat or do. not impressed with him .

|  Nice Doctor!  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2013

Dr. Quan is a very good doctor, I really appreciate all he has done for me. I recommend him!

|  Review of Dr. Quan  |  show details
May 30th, 2013

I had an incredibly positive experience with this office. I was able to schedule an appointment with ease, I had to wait a little bit to see Dr. Quan but not longer than any other doctor, his staff is so sweet and attentive, and Dr. Quan listened and discussed options with me. They were up front about any costs I would incurr with the procedures as well, which I appreciated. I would recommend his office to my family and friends.

|  Was glad to see Dr. Quan  |  show details
by James M on May 22nd, 2013

Compared to some doctors I've visited in the past few years Dr Quan's office was new and clean which is a positive change. I did wait about 35mins to see him but i'm used to that when seeing specialists. He listened to my issues and gave a quick diagnosis. Normally i'd be skeptical of such a fast result but I guess that's how things work when this is all you do day in day out for the past 20 years. His suggestions have already started to help. I would recommend him to my friends.

|  would not recommend  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2013

I will not be going back to Dr. Quan. I waited for up to an hour before being seen. Also, I was given an Rx that gave me horrible side effects and when I left a message to enquire about another Rx, my phone call was never returned. Dr. Quan also did not tell me anything helpful for my conditions except to try an Rx pill--no other lifestyle or dietary changes. He was not helpful at all. I am now searching for a new Dr.

|  Impressed  |  show details
by Sue on Mar 11th, 2013

I have ulcerative colitis and all the other GI's I have been to just throw pills at me and send me out the door. Dr. Quan cares. His staff enrolled me in patient assistance (which I need because of my high deductible), and the staff was always available to answer my questions. Dr. Quan was on time and actually sat down to talk to me for awhile. I would recommend this physician to my family and friends.

|  Dr. Quan  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2012

Dr. Quan is such a knowledgeable GI. His staff is so friendly and helpful. They were honest about the wait time for Dr. Quan. They were considerate about the deductible I had for my insurance and were patient with me about setting up my procedure. The procedure went flawlessly. I would strongly recommend this physician to my closest friends and family.

|  Dr. Quan  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2012

Dr. Quan is an incredibly knowledgable doctor. His staff makes you feel like they care and make themselves available for questions or concerns. Sometimes the wait is a little longer than I would hope, but it is worth the wait. Dr. Quan has excellent English and he makes you feel like he cares about your problem. I would recommend this office to anyone looking for a GI.

|  Go somewhere else  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

On April 13th my insurance changed my GI doctor to Quan and it was the most horrible experience I have ever had with a doctor, they didnt take my vitals, weigh me, or even examine me. The test my last GI said I must have Quan said I didnt need and I got prescribed meds I told him I had a bad reaction to. To not be examined he read my chart told me I Have IBS and cramps and sent me on my way, dont waste your time with this doctor he is only interested in money not your well being. A doctor that doesnt listen to you and makes you feel worse then before you go is a waste of time

Dec 21st, 2011

Doctor took three phone calls while in the exam room with me. Spent more time on phone then listening to me. Order test stat but failed to tell me what they are for or even to tell me results once he received them. would not recommend!

|  he's awesome!  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2011

dr. quan iis totally awesome!

|  he is awesome! go daddy!  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2010

dr. quan is awesome! everyone go there!

|  EXCELLENT Gastroenterologist!  |  show details
by Joyce Cotten on Sep 30th, 2010

Dr. Quan is VERY good, speaks good ENGLISH, and does an excellent job. Although I was eventually diagnosed with CELIAC disease (wheat/gluten allergic) which is beginning to be easier to diagnose due to the general public's knowledge of the disease, I have to say that Dr. Quan is a very good doctor. If I ever have any other gastro problems, I WILL go back to him.

|  Excellent  |  show details
by David on Nov 20th, 2009

Excellent doctor. Excellent skills with excellent staff. Recommended to anybody.

|  COMMENT ON COMMENT!  |  show details
by Happy Patient of Dr. Quan's on Oct 21st, 2009

The comment below is a complete lie. This is not a patient of Dr. Quan's. He has never punctured a male patient's colon in the entire time he has been practicing medicine. Also, I am pretty sure I have NEVER seen a doctor pushing a wheelchair, that would be the fault of the nursing staff in the hospital for making their child push them.

|  Would most definitely recommend  |  show details
by Simpson on Jul 2nd, 2008

The was a bit of a wait for the appointment time, but I had just called the day before so that might be why. The doctor was worth the wait! Listened to me, got me in for test right away, great bed-side manner! The best doctor I have seen in a long time.