Dr. Garland Gossett MD Patient Reviews

3.4

October 12th, 2016
Dr. Gossett, is a very gentle, caring Physician. He takes his time explaining things, and always has a pleasant attitude.

September 1st, 2015
Great Doctor
Great Doctor will suggest others to him.... Will be seeing him for follow up in a few weeks

March 15th, 2015
Procedures
Dr. Gossett came to me highly recommended so I might have a bit higher expectations. I had procedures already that were forwarded to him, he failed to review. He probably makes his money on endoscopy and colonoscopy. I think if this is a procedure you need, he is probably one of the better in the Houston area. However, I was very dissatisfied with the feedback after the procedure. He gave me very little direction and basically sent me back to my Internist for further review. Apparently, the endoscopy had confirmed my prior diagnoses, which he had prior to performing the endoscopy.

November 14th, 2013
Radiological Technologist
I have never used Dr. Gossett as a patient, but I attended an xray seminar which he was the speaker for Continuing Edcation for my profession. He was a GREAT speaker, very knowledgeable in his GI talk and had a great perosonality with a hint of comic in his demeanor. All the techs in attendance that seemed to work with him seemed like they had a good reporte with him. I am not sure what happened with some of these reviews I see on here, but I can not imagine the same man not having a GREAT bedside manor. If he works in a teaching environment, it isn't unusual at all for the resident to come in prior to the physician and interview or check the patient out....that comes with the territory, happens to everyone in that setting. I am sorry to hear some have not had a good experience and surely hope it can be marked up to Natural causes, or just a bad experience, bad day. Dr. Gossett truly seemed highly intelligent in the scope of his GI expertise in my opinion from his lecture that day. He was totally swamped at the end by by constituents trying to talk to him further or get his business card.

August 31st, 2013
Pill pusher who does not listen to the patient
I went to see Dr. Gossett three times and was prescribed 4 different medications without running any tests or discussion options with me. Finally I convinced him we should run at least one blood test and he never discussed the results with me directly and only spoke to his medical students while in the room. The only time he even touched me was to shake my hand when I first met him. Sadly he did not listen to any of my concerns, did not answer any of my questions, could not remember what tests we had run and really seemed more anxious to go see other patients than discuss what was going on with me. On our final visit he prescribed a medication I did not want to take due to the side effects, I told him as much and he still insisted on prescribing it for me, told me he would be back shortly and then sent his nurse in to give me the RX and to schedule a follow up appointment. If you are looking for a pill pushing doctor who is not necessarily concerned with what is actually wrong with you, then he might be the right doctor, otherwise I suggest you look for someone else.

July 5th, 2013
He Saved My Life
I'd recommend Dr Gossett to anyone. He is pleasant, caring & patient. He's performed several hospital procedures to my greatest satisfaction & diagnosed a life-threatening condition immediately. He readily referred me to specialists when beyond his scope of expertise.

April 29th, 2013
Dr. G. Gossett
This doctor was very weird. I went to him because I have not had a good diagnosis on what meds to take for my Gastritis and Esophagitis that has caused me very bad gas/bloat that hurts my vagus nerve giving me pain in my head and neck. Dr. Gossett had 2 young interns he was teaching and sent one of them in the room to diagnose my ailments?! I then talked to this young intern for 30mins, then Gossett comes in the room and I had to repeat everything. He did not even listen to all my symptoms and said I just had IBS, which I have learned is a bull answer that covers numerous GI symptoms. He gave me a RX for Levsin which he did not know that another GI doc had prescribed to me 9months ago and it didnt work. I kept telling him I dont think it is IBS and this weird doctor told me my mind was causing the problem. What a QUACK!

February 5th, 2013
Worst Doctor Ever!! Unethical, Unprofessional, Incompetent!

January 31st, 2013
WARNING DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!!!
If you value your life I would suggest that you do not go to this doctor. He is Incompetent, Unprofessional, and Unethical to say the least. Long story short, my mother went to Dr. Gossett for a simple exploratory surgery, and is currently and have been critically ill for the past 2 months due to Dr. Gossett's incompetence. While performing the procedure Dr. Gossett cut a blood vessel, and part of her intestine, which caused her to have sepsis, pancreatitis, phenomena from the ventilator, VRE bacteria caught from the hospital, blood clot and another blood infection in her arm, we are currently on the 5th procedure trying to keep my mother alive. If she does live she will never have the quality of life she had prior to going to Dr. Gossett.

December 6th, 2011
He is an excellent docor
Dr. Gossett was called in to evaluate me when I was in the hospital. Each time, and every thing he did for me, he was thorough, careful, and very much pleased me as a doctor. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends. I now have a problem again, and again, I will call Dr. Gossett to check me out.

October 26th, 2011
Have seen this doc on several occasions and have always been happy.

September 17th, 2009
I've been seen by Dr. Gossett for several vitsits and he has great bed side manor and at all times. He's polite, thorough with care of his patients and he takes time and really listen and follow up