Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Anesthesiologist

2833 Eldorado Pkwy
Ste 307
Frisco, TX 75033
214-618-8181
Locations and availability (47)

2.0

|  Worse experience Of my life  |  show details
May 1st, 2014

Very unprofessional, non caring, didn't explain anything before procedure, non caring after procedure and now I have permanent nerve damage from his work. I am now fearful of doctors and spend extra hours researching them. Truely one of the worse experienced of my life.

|  Great experience  |  show details
by Bob and Cheri Cole on Feb 27th, 2014

My wife and I both needed implants and we chose Dr. Nelson on our daughter's recommendation. On our first visit, he spent a lot of time with us and answered all of our questions. He set up a payment plan before we left his office. On the day of the procedure, he put us to sleep, pulled a tooth, placed the bone tissue and inserted a post to hold the new tooth and we were out of his office in less than an hour. All of our follow up visits were good. This was 3 1/2 years ago and neither one of us has had any problems since then. We would highly recommend Dr Nelson to anyone.

|  Great Staff  |  show details
by Ashlyn B. on Feb 19th, 2014

I had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday and have a fear of IVs since I had a really bad experience when I was a child. I told him it was hard to find my veins and although he had to try in three different places he was talking to me the entire time and warned me when it would hurt. He was able to get it with minimal pain which is a big deal to me. His staff was just as nice and courteous.

|  disaster as a dentist  |  show details
by Gary Cole on Jul 25th, 2013

I had Dr. Garrett Nelson insert two implants in Lewisville and he planted them too deeply destroying the nerve. That happened over 5 years ago and I still have no feeling in much of my face. Do not use him for anything is my warning.

Jul 1st, 2012

Dr. Nelson placed two implants in my jaw. He incorrectly placed the implant leaving most of my face permanently numb. Despite a costlly second surgery to try to repair damaged nerves my face remains almost totally numb. He refuses to help to fix the problem or attempt to make the wrong right. He should not be allowed to practice dentistry. Use at your own risk.

May 30th, 2012

Dr. Nelson performed a semi-emergency surgery on my husband. He and his staff were awesome. My husband suffered minimal pain after the surgery; and when he had follow up questions, he was able to get in touch with Dr. Nelson right away. My husband said Dr. Nelson and his staff were very friendly and funny. He had a huge amount of patients to deal with that day (two waiting rooms full), but he still took the time to answer my husband's questions. And his nurse sat down and spoke with me.

|  I never do reviews  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

I am only doing this because my mother is a believer in reading reviews before going to doctors. She was worried sick because of the other reviews on him. I went to have 4 wisdom teeth pulled and came out with out any problems. I am the biggest baby when it comes to any doctors vist. All of his staff was very nice and helpfull in any questions and wories I had. When Dr. Nelson came in he asked if I knew what I was here for which I reassured him that I did because I like to wait for the last minute to do things. He laughed and told me what all he was going to do and assurred me I will feel no pain. He kept his word I walked out of there thinking I was prom queen waiving at everyone with the biggest smile on my face. Had teeth pulled on Friday and I am back at work on Monday. I will definatly recommend him to anyione.

|  Rude and Arrogant!  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2011

Did not speak a word to me directly. Not hello, not goodbye, not how do you feel, not are you ok..nothing! Spoke of me as if I was not in the room. Pulled the tooth and walked out! Broke the tooth next to the one he was pulling and never said a word to me. Did not know it was broken until later when the feeling and swelling went down and I could see it. Not a big deal that the tooth was broke but at least tell me it happend. Very rude and arrogant.

|  Not Caring  |  show details
by Word of Mouth is a Powerful thing, Doctor on Jul 12th, 2010

Wanted to write this because I believe any patient should receive some time with the doctor. I inquired on a past implant and needed information about it. The girl who answered the call was very untrained and inexperienced with the call and it took me over a week to hear I can not help you. More like I do not want to help you. Very unprofessional, discourteous and wrong.

Doctor's Response

This patient must have called old office/partnership. One of the surgeons past away and there are new surgeons there. They should have given the new contact information.

|  Implant  |  show details
by R. Darby on Mar 15th, 2010

Dr. Nelson did my implant based on recommendation of my dentist. Just after implant I moved away so, follow up visits invloved a 2 1/2 hour drive - each of those was extremly brief. (open your mouth HI and Bye) My current dentist in new location found a bone imbedded in surface of my gum - which Nelson missed.I traveled back to see Nelson he removed bone fragment. Today my ENTIRE IMPLANT CAME OUT....not just the tooth, not just the post, the part that was placed in the bone too.

Doctor's Response

Dental implants require patient cooperation and must be restored with a dental crown by a person who does so routinely. A dental implant failure years after restoration by a dentist is not the fault of the surgeon.

|  Problems with dental surgury  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2009

Dr. Nelson put two implants in for me. On one of the implants, it was placed to deeply and it has been a full year and I still have no feeling in a large portion of my mouth, lip and chin because of permanent nerve damage. It continues to be an unresolved but very real problem.

Doctor's Response

I know this patient well. He continued to report improvement of the feeling of his lip throughout the six-month implant healing process and elected to restore the implant instead of removing it. Years after placing the implant I paid for microsurgical repair of his nerve personally. Posting this complaint is not honest and really goes against our agreement.