Best Dental Experience Ever!! show details Best Dental Experience Ever!!
by Brenda Mueller on May 24th, 2016

After 3 horrific experiences in the last 20 months, this was what I expected. Totally professional, courteous, clean, easy and great after care with Dr. Razo. Could not be more pleased. Having been disabled for 6 years I have seen over100 practitioners and Dr. Nelson ranks in the top three!! Thank you.

Great Experience! show details Great Experience!
by N. Kerr on May 19th, 2016

My Daughter had her wisdom teeth extracted last week. This entire team was phenomenal! We did our research before we scheduled; and we agree...we LOVED Jeremy. He answered every question, eased her nerves, and when we called with questions after, he answered every one. My daughter was eased so much more knowing he and Dr. Nelson were in her room. The front staff to the Dr, were great. Will refer to everyone!

by Sean Getts on May 13th, 2016

Dr. Nelson and his staff were great.

Awesome Experience!! show details Awesome Experience!!
by KI'm S. on May 10th, 2016

I took my son to have all 4 wisdom teeth removed at a local dental office and Dr. Garrett Nelson was the attending oral surgeon. I must say I was really impressed at not only his awesome staff but the care Dr. Nelson provided my son, he even called from his personal cell the next day to check on my son. This whole experience was great and if you are looking for an oral surgeon anytime soon Dr. Nelson is the perfect choice.

Amazing First Experience show details Amazing First Experience
by Melissa Baxter on May 8th, 2016

I wanted to say that everyone here was very friendly. Smiles on everyone's face. Even though i was freaking out about being put under and having all four of my wisdom teeth removed they very extremely kind to me and kept me calm the entire time. This was my first time every being here and I am going to recommend it to my family and friends as a place to go!

Mrs. show details Mrs.
by Jennifer Leggett on Apr 25th, 2016

Wonderful oral surgeon and staff! Courteous and helpful!!!

Amazing staff. show details Amazing staff.
Apr 24th, 2016

Dr. Nelson is an A Doctor. My experience was phenomenal! His assistant Nicolle was very sweet, and during my wake up time Jeremy was so outgoing and made me comfortable. He had such an warn personality and was hilarious. I would recommend Dr. Nelson, Jeremy, and the rest of the group in Plano for ANY dental work needed! Thanks, guys!

HIGHLY recommend Dr. Nelson. Mom approved! show details HIGHLY recommend Dr. Nelson. Mom approved!
Apr 19th, 2016

Dr. Neslon was really awesome with my 14 year old. He went out of his way to put him at ease. He had a great bedside manner that kept my son distracted when he was nervous. The whole process was easy and Sara, his assistant, was equally great. Dr. Neslon took the time to walk me though the X-rays and made sure I fully understood what was going on. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Nelson.

Wisdom Ex show details Wisdom Ex
by T Chavez on Apr 19th, 2016

Amazing staff. After my wisdom extraction they helped me to my car and were the nicest and sweetest!! I would recommend them to my family and friends!

Apr 14th, 2016

Jeremy put me at ease before the surgery and they all took great care of me. I was in and out in no time. They are awesome at what they do. Thanks so much!!!!!

No muss, little fuss show details No muss, little fuss
by Mike C. B. on Apr 11th, 2016

(Surgery arranged through Ideal Dental - Garland) Procedure went amazingly well, considering that for a public speaker, singer, and performer I have a relatively small mouth. Biggest negative? Apparently my body chemistry doesn't cooperate with dissolving sutures, and I've had some post-surgical delay in healing at the site of some of the stitches.

by Harrison Brown on Apr 7th, 2016

My 17 year old son had his wisdom teeth out and it couldn't have gone any smoother. Dr. Nelson and his team have the best bedside manner and I will recommend them to family and friends.

by rebecca sigmaringa on Apr 6th, 2016

Dr.Nelson and staff was great. Dr.Nelson completed the procedure in 20 min. and everything was just fine. Jeremy, his assistant was great. He explained everything before hand and made us feel very comfortable. The nurse returned our call promptly during the afternoon and answered our questions. Thanks so much

by Julio Enriquez on Apr 4th, 2016

It was a great experience. The doctor was very nice and Jeremy was very nice and informative. They definitely made me feel at ease.

by Karie Crawford on Mar 31st, 2016

The best part was the time that Dr. Nelson's techs took to explain post op procedure to me until I was clear on all of it. Jeremy was mindful of the fact that I had my small children with me and went over everything beforehand so that I could listen without feeling rushed. Thank you!

Happy Customer: Ryan Boyd show details Happy Customer: Ryan Boyd
by Ryan Boyd on Mar 27th, 2016

I was taken care of throughout the entire process including walking me to my vehicle at the end of the procedure. The doctor walked me through the steps of the wisdom teeth removal process, started my drip, and my procedure was completed in under an hour.

by Lizet C. on Mar 27th, 2016

I was actually very nervous of getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled and was really surprised at how comfortable Dr. Nelson and he's assistant made me feel. Extremely nice and professional. Thanks for such a great job

Wisdow teeth removal show details Wisdow teeth removal
by Moramay M. on Mar 25th, 2016

Dr. Garrett and his assistants were very kind and professional . The surgery was fast and had a great recovery.

Everything was great! show details Everything was great!
by Zuelkys K. on Mar 19th, 2016

Everyone was really nice and courteous. Katherine is recovering so far so good. Great attention from both Doctor Nelson, Jeremy and whole staff.

BEST DOCTOR EVER, HANDS DOWN! show details BEST DOCTOR EVER, HANDS DOWN!
by Georgia B. on Mar 11th, 2016

I was super nervous to get treatment done but Dr.Nelson answered all my questions and concerns and the front office ladies helped me with both finances and scheduling as I have a hectic work schedule. I will refer all my family and friend to Dr.Nelson & team.

As great as a experience can be considering circumstances show details As great as a experience can be considering circumstances
by Elizabeth C Castro on Mar 9th, 2016

They didn't tell me what exactly would happen in the surgery, but everything came out well. I was pleased with Jeremy; he was gentle and comforting Dr. Nelson was great, but I wished he would have walked me through what they were going to do. Everything came out great,and they thoroughly explained the post-op info and meds.

Wisdom Teeth Extraction show details Wisdom Teeth Extraction
by Sudhakar Kamalanathan on Mar 7th, 2016

Dr.Nelson and his staff were highly professional with the way they went about extracting my wisdom teeth; post-op care instructions were well documented and published; recovery has been a cinch.

by Nicholas Bacino on Mar 7th, 2016

Staff was great! Jeremy was friendly and helpful.

Easy as Pie show details Easy as Pie
by Jessica Meyer on Mar 4th, 2016

I was so nervous and scared about having my wisdom teeth taken out, but Dr. Nelson and his team made it the easiest experience possible. They calmed all my fears, talked me through everything, and answered all of my questions. I was in and out in 20 minutes without any sutures or stitches needed. My recovery has been super speedy as well. Thank you Dr. Nelson & team for making this the best experience possible!

No Worries show details No Worries
by Samiah Hawxhurst on Mar 3rd, 2016

I'm writing this for my daughter who just had her wisdom teeth taken out. Dr. Garrett and his staff were very personable and knowledgeable. The service was exceptional. All of my questions were answered and it seem that my daughter will have a very speedy recovery due to him not having to use and sutures or stitches. Thank you very much for the great service.

by Herman Hutson on Mar 3rd, 2016

I was extremely nervous to get my wisdom teeth pulled. I have put it off for over 6 years and I finally got them taken out today. Dr. Nelson was extremely honest about everything, listened to my concerns and definitely calmed me down. Thank you, Dr. Nelson, for taking the extra time with me and overcoming my fear. Everyone there was very courteous and prompt. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Wisdom Tooth Extraction show details Wisdom Tooth Extraction
by Emily on Feb 26th, 2016

Dr. Nelson removed my wisdom teeth. He and the nurse that helped were fantastic! They were both friendly, compassionate and attentive. The procedure itself was quick and my recovery has been very easy. I was a bit nervous about the procedure going in, but those fears were quickly put to rest by Dr. Nelson. He was very professional and very calming. I am sure that we will rely on Dr. Nelson when my husband inevitably has his wisdom teeth removed. I was very impressed all-around. Thank you, Dr. Nelson!

by Aeria Bellamy on Feb 24th, 2016

The all whole staff was excellent

Implant procedure show details Implant procedure
by Mark Stringet on Feb 22nd, 2016

This was probably one of the best surgical procedure ever! Dr. Nelson and his staff are the best and I recommend them to anyone with dental anxiety. Thanks you guys calmed our fears.

Great Doctor and Staff show details Great Doctor and Staff
by E Aceves on Feb 20th, 2016

Great Doctor. Helped me be at ease. My daughter got all 4 wisdom teeth removed. Jeremy and Dr. Nelson did a great job explaining the process and post-care to me. All went wonderfully smooth.

Swift and Professional! show details Swift and Professional!
by Justin Kennedy on Feb 20th, 2016

I had four wisdom teeth removed and the procedure was flawless! The post-care instructions were thorough and adequate; my mouth healed perfectly! I gave three stars for spending time with me and following up but they didn't need to spend much time with me because they got the job done quickly and they didn't to follow up because it was done right the first time. Overall, an excellent job - I highly recommend!

by Glenn Jones on Feb 17th, 2016

Very impressive Doctor and staff with a positive outcome. Will recommend to others!

experience show details experience
by Johnathon Golden on Feb 17th, 2016

Dental assistant Jeremy was very precise and very well educated. He helped time keep me at ease, and calm, all of the nursing staff was extremely well. The Dr. Was very caring and did a better job than I could of ever expected.

by Tyann S on Feb 15th, 2016

Dr. Nelson and staff were absolutely wonderful. My daughter had her wisdom teeth pulled and they were so very courteous and kind. They made the visit very nice and I am also very appreciative of how they were able to get her in as an emergency kind of visit. Thank You Dr. Nelson and Ideal Dental for the care you provided and for also working out a payment plan with me.

by Patient Mom on Feb 15th, 2016

Dr Nelson and his amazing staff took such good care of my son and followed through with post op calls. I will be bringing my daughter and stepson in to see them pretty quickly! They also helped a lot financially! (Brianna went above and beyond to explain care credit to me and to offer us 12 months 0% interest which really helped because this surgery was unexpected!)

A swollen gland show details A swollen gland
by RY Frazier on Feb 13th, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Nelson through my Dentist, because I had a swollen salivary gland in my mouth. My MD had not been able to figure out what was causing my gland to swell. Dr. Nelson was able to diagnose it and immediately relieved me of its discomfort. Dr. Nelson's assistant, Jeremy, was also awesome. I felt like they took my situation seriously and were eager to assist me. Both men were extremely professional and also joking with me. All of this made me feel at ease and decreased my fears. I highly recommend Dr. Nelson and Jeremy, if you need work done in your mouth. I also recommend Dr.Merchant at Milestone Dental in Arlington.

by Melody Laughrey on Feb 12th, 2016

I got my wisdom teeth out today and had a great experience with this doctor. My dad told me that it was quick and easy. We got in and they did the surgery and then I was right out after they were done and checked to make sure everything was okay.

extremely happy. show details extremely happy.
by Sheryl Coleman on Feb 9th, 2016

I am petrified of dentists dr. Nelson was very understanding and he want me to the Hope seizure and made the procedure easiest possible. the Dental Assistant Jeremy was very helpful, he kept me calm during the whole procedure and made me feel at ease. I would suggest dr. Nelson to anybody and his dental assistant Jeremy.

by Angela Bednar on Feb 9th, 2016

I don't remember the operation, which is a good thing! After I had left I had a little bleeding that shocked me a bit, so we called and they told us to come back so they could check to make sure everything was normal(which it was). The nurses were very friendly and understanding. I was hoping for a follow up phone call but never received one, Thankfully all is well.

by Angela on Feb 7th, 2016

Great friendly staff. Really made us feel comfortable. GREAT JOB!!!

Easy Extraction show details Easy Extraction
by Daphne Plump on Feb 4th, 2016

First off, I was nervous about having my extraction done but Jeremy assured me that it will be fast and easy. To my surprise, it didn't take no more than 4 minutes to remove my tooth. Dr. Nelson was very quick and both him and Jeremy made my visit very easy. It has now been about a week since the extraction and I'm healing and doing just fine. Thanks Dr. Nelson and Jeremy.

by Dianne on Feb 3rd, 2016

Thanks to Jeremy and Dr. Nelson, I was put at ease with the surgery on my son. Jeremy was great. Dr. Nelson actually called and checked on him on the third day.

Amazing Experience show details Amazing Experience
by Esquivel on Feb 3rd, 2016

My Husband went to see his regular Dr. today for a broken crown. He was referred to Dr. Garrett as a surgeon who was in the office bc he had a messed up root canal. My husband is extremely anxious to have any dental work done. Jeremy greeted us and listened to all of our concerns. He explained the entire process and the whys and why nots. When Dr. Garrett sat to speak with us, he said the exact same thing and elaborated more which made us even more at ease. The front staff was great. We got same day treatment for an implant and my husband is extremely satisfied. Great team. If you want a intelligent, respectful, and awesome group. Look no further than Dr. Garrett!

Dental work made easy and comfortable! show details Dental work made easy and comfortable!
by Lino and Terri Covello on Feb 2nd, 2016

Meeting with the doctor was easy and convenient. Let's be honest. No one enjoys dental work! But it's required for a healthy mouth and happy smile. To find a doctor that makes the appt easy and the patient comfortable is priceless! Thank youuuuu!!

Front tooth fell out show details Front tooth fell out
Feb 1st, 2016

I called my home office early in the morning last week to let them know my front tooth broke off and I needed to figure out how to get it fixed ASAP! They got me in for an exam and took some xrays then referred me to Dr.Nelson for an implant. I was able to get in with Dr.Nelson the same day and he even pulled my tooth, placed an implant & put a tooth on it same day all the while Brianna worked finances and got me approved for carecredit with 18 months 0% interest! The procedure went by so quickly and was so easy. I had minimal swelling and two days later was good as new and no ever knew my tooth broke. THANK YOU DR.NELSON & BRIANNA!!!!!

Excellent show details Excellent
by William Foley on Jan 30th, 2016

Very friendly and I could tell immediately they knew what they were doing

by Michael T on Jan 29th, 2016

I had five teeth removed this morning and everything went very smooth. The staff was excellent. Jeremy was great, very concerned and helpful.

by Sheryl Kramer on Jan 28th, 2016

Would recommend to all.

No wait or worry show details No wait or worry
by Linda Schmidt on Jan 28th, 2016

I just went in for a consult this morning, but the doctor was available to do an implant today. My husband came to be my ride home and we were set! The entire implant procedure took less than thirty minutes and went well. I was just glad to "get 'er done!"

by West on Jan 26th, 2016

Dr. Nelson is a great doctor. He's amazing with his patients. He takes the time with all of his patients and explains everything.

Oral Surgery show details Oral Surgery
by Katie Bailey on Jan 25th, 2016

I saw Dr. Marie Padua for an emergency visit in Flower Mound. At that time, Dr. Padua recommended Dr. Garrett Nelson to have my wisdom teeth removed immediately. The team at Cornerstone were able to quickly walk me through the details and get me set up for the surgery. Dr. Nelson and his assistant, Jeremy, made the unexpected procedure quick and set my mind as ease.

by Neeley on Jan 21st, 2016

We had a wonderful experience We will definitely be returning in the future for dental care

by Lauren Campbell on Jan 20th, 2016

Provider very thorough- including front and back staff! Was extremely nervous regarding my procedure but group was able to ease my fears.

Dr.Nelson and Brianna are the best!!!! show details Dr.Nelson and Brianna are the best!!!!
Jan 15th, 2016

Dr. Nelson's team saw me last week in Frisco. I came into the office with a little bit of an attitude because the team had given me issues regarding confirming my appointment and it made me feel uneasy. After speaking with Brianna and her apologizing for any miscommunication with the office she quickly got me taking care of and made sure that she was the one that talk to me in regards to finances. I never have felt more at ease and comfortable regarding thousands of dollars being given away. Dr.Nelson also sat down with me and made sure all my questions were answered. I was terrified to do oral surgery but now I am very excited to get it taken care of because I have faith that this is the best team around. I would highly recommend to all my family's friends and strangers as well to see Dr. Nelson before you see anyone else!!!

Jan 5th, 2016

Dr. Nelson is very nice! He's professional, very informative and kind. Great experience!

by Starla on Jan 5th, 2016

Very professional, greatly informative w/ treatment options. Accommodates his patients well and follows up thoroughly.

BEST DOCTOR EVER!! show details BEST DOCTOR EVER!!
by Betsy McClain on Jan 5th, 2016

I went to Dr.Nelson office very scared and worried about how expensive it would be. Once I was seated in the back he sat down and spoke with me for 10-15 minutes just about my worries and assured me I would be taken care of. The manager came in and showed me a treatment plan and went over several finance options and they did my treatment same day. It was amazing how easy everything was and how quickly I was taken care of. I will be referring everyone to Dr.Nelson for any oral surgery needs!!!!

Great experience show details Great experience
by CGS on Jan 4th, 2016

Dr. Nelson was great with my 14 year old son who was extremely apprehensive about having extractions. My son will need to have more extractions we think and we will not hesitate to use Dr. Nelson again. He went out of his way to make sure my son and a good experience!

Not a single issue! show details Not a single issue!
by Sabrina on Nov 21st, 2015

I liked Dr. Nelson's manner and approach immediately during our consultation. He answered all of my questions politely and honestly. I needed all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted. I was really worried about complications, pain and recovery, since I'm well past the age of when most people have theirs extracted. However, the procedure was quick and uncomplicated. I also have to say, he's amazing when it comes to placing IVs! I've NEVER had a doctor place one so quickly and painlessly! If I, or my family, ever require oral surgery in the future, he'll definitely be our first choice.

Oral surgery show details Oral surgery
Nov 18th, 2015

Dr Nelson and his front office went above and beyond to get me worked in on an emergency case and answered every question and concern I had. My sedation went by smoothly and the recovery was a breeze. His front staff is so knowledgable, sweet and helpful. They made me completely comfortable and helped with my financial issues. Best surgeon around and I would recommend him to any family member or friend need oral surgery or implant placement!

Dr Nelson was great! show details Dr Nelson was great!
Nov 9th, 2015

He was very thorough in explaining the treatment needed on getting my wisdom teeth out.

Great experience show details Great experience
by Bob and Cheri Cole on Feb 27th, 2014

My wife and I both needed implants and we chose Dr. Nelson on our daughter's recommendation. On our first visit, he spent a lot of time with us and answered all of our questions. He set up a payment plan before we left his office. On the day of the procedure, he put us to sleep, pulled a tooth, placed the bone tissue and inserted a post to hold the new tooth and we were out of his office in less than an hour. All of our follow up visits were good. This was 3 1/2 years ago and neither one of us has had any problems since then. We would highly recommend Dr Nelson to anyone.

Great Staff show details Great Staff
by Ashlyn B. on Feb 19th, 2014

I had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday and have a fear of IVs since I had a really bad experience when I was a child. I told him it was hard to find my veins and although he had to try in three different places he was talking to me the entire time and warned me when it would hurt. He was able to get it with minimal pain which is a big deal to me. His staff was just as nice and courteous.

May 30th, 2012

Dr. Nelson performed a semi-emergency surgery on my husband. He and his staff were awesome. My husband suffered minimal pain after the surgery; and when he had follow up questions, he was able to get in touch with Dr. Nelson right away. My husband said Dr. Nelson and his staff were very friendly and funny. He had a huge amount of patients to deal with that day (two waiting rooms full), but he still took the time to answer my husband's questions. And his nurse sat down and spoke with me.

May 30th, 2012

I never do reviews show details I never do reviews
Feb 13th, 2012

I am only doing this because my mother is a believer in reading reviews before going to doctors. She was worried sick because of the other reviews on him. I went to have 4 wisdom teeth pulled and came out with out any problems. I am the biggest baby when it comes to any doctors vist. All of his staff was very nice and helpfull in any questions and wories I had. When Dr. Nelson came in he asked if I knew what I was here for which I reassured him that I did because I like to wait for the last minute to do things. He laughed and told me what all he was going to do and assurred me I will feel no pain. He kept his word I walked out of there thinking I was prom queen waiving at everyone with the biggest smile on my face. Had teeth pulled on Friday and I am back at work on Monday. I will definatly recommend him to anyione.

Implant show details Implant
by R. Darby on Mar 15th, 2010

Dr. Nelson did my implant based on recommendation of my dentist. Just after implant I moved away so, follow up visits invloved a 2 1/2 hour drive - each of those was extremly brief. (open your mouth HI and Bye) My current dentist in new location found a bone imbedded in surface of my gum - which Nelson missed.I traveled back to see Nelson he removed bone fragment. Today my ENTIRE IMPLANT CAME OUT....not just the tooth, not just the post, the part that was placed in the bone too.

Doctor's Response

Dental implants require patient cooperation and must be restored with a dental crown by a person who does so routinely. A dental implant failure years after restoration by a dentist is not the fault of the surgeon.