Dr. Garrett Ryle MD Patient Reviews

December 28th, 2015
Very competent surgeon.

April 27th, 2013
Happy Patient
Dr. Ryle has been a very concerned Dr. who treated me the best and as much as possible. He referred me to someone who had more experience with my problem which I thought was admirable. This in turn helped save my life. HE TAKES TIME WITH YOU EACH AND HAS YOUR BEST INTERESTS AT HEART.He is very nice and very competent. I think very highly of him.

February 16th, 2013
Fantastic Doctor
I have seen Dr. Ryle for a number of different orthopedic issues over the past 15 years, mainly due to various sports injuries. He is wonderful. He has gone to great lengths to help me and I greatly appreciate him. He is a fantastic doctor and a kind and caring human. He simply is the finest orthopedist in Sacramento bar none! Thanks Doc!

February 13th, 2013
Wonderful Surgeon
Dr. Ryle has performed two operations on me. One to repair a horriably damaged shoulder and wrist due to a motorcycle accident. The surgery needed to be done quickly and he scheduled me for that night. He did a great job and I have full use of my wrist which is remarkable due to the damage it sustained. I recently had him replace my hip. The femoral head was broken into 8 pieces and he did a beautiful job! Highly recommended for his profiency and concern for the patient's overall well-being.

October 26th, 2012
Outstanding
Dr. Ryle is a no-nonsense, thorough and very competent surgeon. Even though my shoulder surgery revealed a surprise not on the MRI (my bicep was not attached at one place!) he handled evrything with no problems. Just three weeks after the surgery I am able to reach, lift, and generally do whatever I need. Great job!

May 23rd, 2012
Review before & after surgery
I had a shattered kneecap and was worried about ever walking again. Dr. Ryle was very matter of fact and clearly & confidently outlined my options. At the surgery, he was reassuring and from the result did a terrific job. His estimates of my recovery time were right on the money and now after a follow-up surgery to remove a wire, I am 100% back to where I was before the accident. Couldn't recommend Dr. Ryle more highly. He is thorough, well informed, confident, professional and from my experience an excellent surgeon.

April 9th, 2012
I had my surgery done on my knee in september. In decemeber he wants me to run 2 miles. in febuary he doesn't want me to run anymore.. AND MY KNEE STILL HURTS. A LOT.. I dont sleep, I try not to do anything... EVER and I feel depressed. I have told him a million times the medicine he gave me doesnt work and I guess ill be like this for another month because I couldn't get an earlier date on my follow up appt. If you are look into Dr.Ryle keep looking..

August 20th, 2011
Shoulder Surgery
Dont let him operate on you hip or shoulder, his time has come and gone.

July 18th, 2011
Knee nightmare
I went in to see Dr Ryle with my 17 year old daughter that had a knee that locked...after diagnosis (possible lateral miniscus tear) and mri (clean)Dr. Ryle went ahead and did exploratory surgery that resulted in Allodynia and CRPS. We and the Physical Therapist told Dr. Ryle that the knee area was extremely sensitive...and he told us go go to the gym and work it out, even though the knee locking was still unadressed after surgery. We came back after a year with severe allodynia and knee still locking hoping for some advice... Dr. Ryle proposed slicing the leg from mid thigh to midcalf and laying the knee open to find the problem. I believe he did this to scare us and to get us out of his office so he did not have to deal with her issues. We went to UCD and found physicians that actually understand the problem and we are now trying to deal with a complex knee problem that gives her constant pain every day. Dr. Ryle has shown to be uncaring and absolutely no help. I now have a 19 year old who is housebound and virtually bedbound because of his failure to address a situation early...UCD doctors cannot even address my daughters knee lock, because no one can lay a hand on her skin around the knee caused by allodynia. We feel betrayed and now she may live forever in pain because it was not addressed properly at an earlier date....I hope his practice tanks!

March 27th, 2017