Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Allentown
2200 Hamilton St
Ste 103
Allentown, PA 18104
610-435-4535
Locations and availability (9)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Wonderful, Competent, Caring, Compassionate, Knowledgable  |  show details
by Betty on Mar 20th, 2014

Dr. Karounos is not only an expert in his field, but he is so very compassionate and caring. He takes the time to listen to his patients and even the smallest issues are a concern to him. I always feel respected, comfortable and completely trust Dr. Karounos. He delivered my first child via c-section very successfully. He has the rare combination of: intelligence, common-sense, compassion, caring, expertise and experience... along with a wonderful sense of humor that makes women (and my husband) feel like he's not just a doctor but a friend. Also, he's available for his patients and able to actually speak to them on the phone if needed... unlike most doctors.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by Sara on Feb 13th, 2014

I personally had a wonderful experience at this office. I was 6 months pregnant coming from a doctor I didn't trust, and he made me feel more than comfortable and very safe during the delivery. I can't thank him enough.

May 20th, 2013

should retire asap

Apr 12th, 2012

I haven't had a good OB-GYN since my last doc retired many years ago. I bounced back and forth between Planned Parenthood and a couple of docs in between over the years. PP was adequate, but the private practice docs were unfriendly, weird, and I had absolutely no rapport with them. Dr. K was fantastic- great bedside manner and spent time talking with me before the exam. I finally have a GYN that I feel is caring, kind, and competent. I don't need to shop around anymore.

|  Don't go here!!!  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

He doesn't think any problem is a problem at all!! He says to just leave everything alone, such as fibroids, cysts. I understand sometimes this is true but when you become severely anemic I think it may be time to deal with these issues and he doesn't!! Stay away!

|  not good!  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2011

he has recently become very strange and unstable.

Apr 25th, 2011

Inexperienced Nasty Office Staff and Doctor does not know what he is doing.

|  office staff ignorant, dr is controlling  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2011

he will not even let you pick your birth control pill. dr and staff are pushy, demeaning of patients, no respect.

|  best ob-gyn in allentown  |  show details
by diana francisco on Oct 17th, 2010

dr. Karounos has been the best doc in allentown he deliver my first born and soon my second also. He is such a caring person for his patients and his staff are the best and most caring. God bless them all.

|  Dr. Karounos is a fantastic doctor!  |  show details
by Jill on Jan 6th, 2010

He really takes time with his patients to make them comfortable, and answers all questions clearly. I had a complication following the C-section birth of my son, and he personally called to follow up with me and see how I was doing. When it comes to pregnancy/birth, he really listens to a patient's questions and concerns. He is very efficient and has a GREAT bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Karounos to anyone in need of this type of care. Still unsure? His office is filled with thank-you cards from satisfied patients, not to mention tons of albums filled with pictures of babies he has delivered.