Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Zero should be an option. show details Zero should be an option.
Aug 6th, 2015

Terrible experience here. Doc is an egomaniac and staff was rude. Not well respected among his medical peers either. I went elsewhere and highly recommend others do too.

Jun 5th, 2015

A speculation about Dr Karounos: He has been deeply traumatized by bossy women, and when confronted by women who "want to be in the driver's seat," he ridicules them instead of strongly suggesting they find another doctor. His hurting aggressive women is a form of revenge that he doesn't even know he's committing. But he does enjoy it. Solution? Go elsewhere.

Mar 23rd, 2015

He is a topnotch person and doctor, but he has developed some questionable defenses against offensive people. Don't go to him to start s personal relationship. Go to him instead to benefit from his very fine care.

Great man as well as doctor show details Great man as well as doctor
Mar 1st, 2015

He is far better than even he thinks he is.

Jan 12th, 2015

Go somewhere else!

i would rate a ten if i could!! show details i would rate a ten if i could!!
by Jodie Hart on Aug 8th, 2014

This is the best and smartest Dr in the world. Always very caring and sweet and a kind person. Never feel rushed i always get all my questions answered. and there are not to many people that can adapt to my personality. He is always fun and outgoing and never in a bad mood! Love the staff!! they are wonderful and fun especially my girl Diane. Love everyone here!!!

Wonderful, Competent, Caring, Compassionate, Knowledgable show details Wonderful, Competent, Caring, Compassionate, Knowledgable
by Betty on Mar 20th, 2014

Dr. Karounos is not only an expert in his field, but he is so very compassionate and caring. He takes the time to listen to his patients and even the smallest issues are a concern to him. I always feel respected, comfortable and completely trust Dr. Karounos. He delivered my first child via c-section very successfully. He has the rare combination of: intelligence, common-sense, compassion, caring, expertise and experience... along with a wonderful sense of humor that makes women (and my husband) feel like he's not just a doctor but a friend. Also, he's available for his patients and able to actually speak to them on the phone if needed... unlike most doctors.

Great Experience show details Great Experience
by Sara on Feb 13th, 2014

I personally had a wonderful experience at this office. I was 6 months pregnant coming from a doctor I didn't trust, and he made me feel more than comfortable and very safe during the delivery. I can't thank him enough.

May 20th, 2013

should retire asap

Apr 12th, 2012

I haven't had a good OB-GYN since my last doc retired many years ago. I bounced back and forth between Planned Parenthood and a couple of docs in between over the years. PP was adequate, but the private practice docs were unfriendly, weird, and I had absolutely no rapport with them. Dr. K was fantastic- great bedside manner and spent time talking with me before the exam. I finally have a GYN that I feel is caring, kind, and competent. I don't need to shop around anymore.

Don't go here!!! show details Don't go here!!!
Jun 2nd, 2011

He doesn't think any problem is a problem at all!! He says to just leave everything alone, such as fibroids, cysts. I understand sometimes this is true but when you become severely anemic I think it may be time to deal with these issues and he doesn't!! Stay away!

not good! show details not good!
Apr 25th, 2011

he has recently become very strange and unstable.

Apr 25th, 2011

Inexperienced Nasty Office Staff and Doctor does not know what he is doing.

office staff ignorant, dr is controlling show details office staff ignorant, dr is controlling
Apr 22nd, 2011

he will not even let you pick your birth control pill. dr and staff are pushy, demeaning of patients, no respect.

best ob-gyn in allentown show details best ob-gyn in allentown
by diana francisco on Oct 17th, 2010

dr. Karounos has been the best doc in allentown he deliver my first born and soon my second also. He is such a caring person for his patients and his staff are the best and most caring. God bless them all.

Dr. Karounos is a fantastic doctor! show details Dr. Karounos is a fantastic doctor!
by Jill on Jan 6th, 2010

He really takes time with his patients to make them comfortable, and answers all questions clearly. I had a complication following the C-section birth of my son, and he personally called to follow up with me and see how I was doing. When it comes to pregnancy/birth, he really listens to a patient's questions and concerns. He is very efficient and has a GREAT bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Karounos to anyone in need of this type of care. Still unsure? His office is filled with thank-you cards from satisfied patients, not to mention tons of albums filled with pictures of babies he has delivered.