Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Garth Ballantyne
Dr. Garth Ballantyne, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Branford, CT, with other offices in New York, NY and Old Saybrook, CT (and 1 other location). He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery and Colon and Rectal Surgery. Dr. Ballantyne is affiliated with VA NY Harbor Healthcare System, St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital - St Lukes Hospital and St Lukes Hospital. Dr. Ballantyne has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Garth Ballantyne has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery,...
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention....
Dr. Garth Ballantyne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Branford, CT.
Dr. Robert Schlessel
Branford, CT 0.53 mi41
Dr. Stephan Ariyan
Plastic Surgery, General Surgery
Branford, CT 1.78 mi47
Dr. Roger Lowlicht
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, General Surgery
Branford, CT 1.85 mi46