A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Garth Ballantyne:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Garth Ballantyne is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Garth Ballantyne, MD is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 26 areas:
- Carcinoid Tumor
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Diseases (Sigmoid Diseases)
- Colonic Diseases
- Colonic Polyps
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Morbid Obesity
- Rectal Cancer
- Rectal Diseases
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Ballantyne graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Ballantyne has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Lawrence & Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Garth Ballantyne MD is a male Colon/Rectal Surgeon, has 34 years of experience and practices in Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Garth Ballantyne practice?
- Dr. Garth Ballantyne has 2 office locations.
Dr. Garth Ballantyne practices Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery near New London, CT.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY.
See New London Surgeons.