A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Garth Ballantyne:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Garth Ballantyne is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Garth Ballantyne, MD is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 26 areas:
- Carcinoid Tumor
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Diseases (Sigmoid Diseases)
- Colonic Diseases
- Colonic Polyps
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn Disease
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Morbid Obesity
- Rectal Cancer
- Rectal Diseases
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Ballantyne graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Ballantyne has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Lawrence & Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ballantyne accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Garth Ballantyne practice?
Dr. Garth Ballantyne practices Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery near New London, CT.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY.
See New London Surgeons.