Dr. Garth Ballantyne MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

December 23rd, 2011
RN
This doctor is a danger to the community. I have seen more complications from his and Dr sommers surgeries than all the other doctors at L&M put together.

December 6th, 2011
Dr. Ballantyne performed surgery after assuring me that he had done many similar procedures. The surgery was not successful, and after many follow up visits, lasting almost a year, in which he kept assuring me that there was nothing to be concerned about, finally admitted that the surgery would have to be re done. He let me suffer in pain all that time instead of admitting the truth. He suggested doing a procedure, that he initially said was an inferior type of repair, to correct the first procedure. When I questioned why he let me suffer for all that time, and what went wrong, and why he was suggesting an inferior repair procedure, he became defensive, aloof and uncompassionate. It seemed he was more concerned about a possible malpractice than the welfare of his patient. He should be ashamed of the way he treated me.

May 7th, 2011
Ill intent
He did an exploratory surgery, woke up in tremendous agony no pain killers post op ,he gave me a prescription had to drive in horrible pain for an hour to get to the drug store !Also referred me to a incompetent doctor who damaged me for life , Told me he was one of the best he could of did the same medical protocol . Also fabricates records with malice intent . Nice guy!

February 17th, 2011
RN
He has brought more adverse complications to L&M hospital. I strongly recommend you avoid receiving his care. He and Dr Sommer are dangerous to patients

October 24th, 2010
Very Disingenuous
Dr Ballantyne seemed like one of the nicest doctors when I first met him , there was a lot of hope and compassion . I was set up for same day surgery in his Manhattan office , Which I experienced a tremendous amount of pain , Dr. Ballantyne actually wrote me a prescription rather then administering a pain med post surgery . I was in agony leaving his lucrative very authoritative self influenced center without anyone to answer to , There after I requested my medical records I swear if my name wasn't on the heading I'd swear he was referring to someone else extremely negative malicious fabricated dis-informative documentation about myself I couldn't believe the unethical unorthodox nature he has was VERY surprised ! Since he has a timid demeanor with a smile constantly ,a true Dr jekyll and Mister Hyde !

September 16th, 2010
Good doctor, hate to see him go!
Dr. Ballantyne left the hospital over personal reasons, a big mistake for the hospital. He provided excellent service and always encouraged the patient to take part in their health care. I'm a more healthier and better looking person because of the care and service I received from him.

January 2nd, 2009
Nissen fundoplication
Got my nissen done 6 month ago. Terrible mistake!Gerd is back as previous to the operation plus I'm always bloated and full of gas. Don't belive his stats pretty good doctor but destroyed my life...

December 11th, 2008
Great Bariatric Surgeon
Did my Gastric Bypass surgery. I had complications (not his fault) which he handled well> I am healthy & doing well.