Dr. Garth Tanner MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 15th, 2017
VERY HAPPY
I LOVE THIS DOCTOR AND HIS STAFF. THEY ALL MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON WHILE I'M THERE. THE OFFICE MANAGER KATIE HAS BEEN WITH HIM FOR 10+ YEARS SHE IS BY FAR AMAZING. I HOPE I NEVER LOSS THEM

June 9th, 2017
HORRIBLE STAFF....AVERAGE DOCTOR
THE STAFF IS SO RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL, FROM THE WAY THEY HANDLE PHONE CALLS, INSURANCE QUESTIONS, REFERRALS AND BOOKING APPOINTMENTS. THE NURSE WHO TOOK ME TO THE EXAM ROOM DID NOT SMILE ONCE AND SEEMED RUSHED AND ANNOYED THAT I TOOK HER AWAY FROM HER CONVERSATION WITH THE RECEPTIONIST. AFTER SHE TOOK MY BLOOD PRESSURE I ASKED HER WHAT IT WAS AND SHE SAID "IT'S FINE, IT'S NORMAL" THAT IS NOT WHAT I ASKED HER. DR. TANNER IS AN AVERAGE, AT BEST, DOCTOR, I GO TO HIM FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEADACHES BUT IF ANYTHING MORE SERIOUS HAPPENS I WILL SEEK CARE FROM ANOTHER DOCTOR OR A SPECIALIST. THE STAFF IS THE WORSE PART OF THIS OFFICE...NEGATIVE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND RUDE!!!

March 8th, 2017
The office staff are rude, they don't follow through with what they say they are going to do, and don't ever call you back. It's a bad experience all the way around

January 31st, 2017
Dr. Tanner is thorough, experienced and takes the time to listen to your concerns. Straight talker. Tells you what reality is not always what you want to hear, but it is important if you want to improve your health. Great, well trained staff that is efficient and pleasant.

September 29th, 2016
I think Dr. Tanner's staff really brings him down. I called with a question regarding a medical condition that Dr. Tanner is treating me for, no response..... I waited 3 days and called back the receptionist who answered the phone said the message was on another staff member's desk and that staff member would get back to me by the end of the day.... no call. The next day I called back, since the condition was worsening and Dr. Tanner had said if the medication doesn't work to call him, I explained to them that this was my third call and it has now been six days since my first call and the receptionist immediately became rude and defensive and basically said they are really busy and get back to me when they can, after 10 days of not hearing back from them, I went to a new Doctor and I am very happy that doctor has called me twice to follow up with me and the new medicine and I have yet to hear back from Dr. Tanner or anyone in his office. Horrible follow up, rude staff and all around poor service.

April 4th, 2014
very rude doctor
My wife is 83 years old, has congestive heart failure and satge 4 COPD. She was admitted to the hospital by her physian, who gave specific instructions for her care. Tannrer came in, never introduced himself to her. We are later told he was the doctor on duty, we never saw him, but still received a bill in the mail. We are hounded by her administrative staff to pay the bill after 60 days. My wife who is on oxygen 24 hours of the day, told his staff that she was having trouble breathing and she couldn' stay of the phone...was told Ok just when are you going to pay the bill. Since, she never even saw the doctor and was administered by her doctor even at admittance, we really felt that this was rude of his staff and rude of the doctor to put my wife in this position. My wife has been told by her doctor that her COPD has worsened and she has maybe a year to live....I hope that he doesn't get his money before then.....I wouldn't go to him if he were the last doctor in town.

October 14th, 2011
ranch worker
Dr. Tanner is a very caring doctor who always takes the time to LISTEN to me and address my concerns. I would hate to lose him. The staff is congenial and professional. I have had Dr. Tanner since he first became a doctor-there's no complaints!

June 7th, 2011
Disappointed
Dr. Tanner seems somewhat judgemental and looks down on his patientts. He, at times, speaks in a degrading manner to his patients. He is moody and when he is having a bad day, doesn't feel well or is rushed it is obvious by the way he treats his patients and by his lack of interest and lack of communication. But when he is having a good day, he is happy and smiling and spends more time with the patients. I left there confused and disappointed. His follow up is practically non-existant. His staff was distant and lacked professionalism. Two of his staff members were outside in the parking lot smoking when I drove up and as I walked past them I overheard them talking disrespectfully about a patient who had just left. Dr. Tanner doesn't have much of a personality or bedside manner. I am sure he is skilled in his profession, I just simply think that he should take more time with his patients, be less moody and value his patients loyalty to him and be more caring and geniune to his patients. I had the worse experience when calling for an appointment, the receptionist was rude and had a negative attitude. He should get a better staff, that would greatly improve his practice. Katie is a good nurse, but she is the only staff member who seems to care about the patients and she doesn't seem to be around as much anymore.

June 2nd, 2011
Great care
An amazing doctor that spends the utmost skill and consideration with me while i am in his office. His ability to correctly diagnose issues has saved me a great deal of worry and strife. The best internist anyone could ever ask for.

October 1st, 2010
Saved my life

August 13th, 2009
great work
you are the best doctor anyone could wish for you are caring and awesome. keep up the good work.

April 6th, 2017