Dr. Gary Eberly MD Patient Reviews

he the better miss him
he the better

July 7th, 2017
Best pediatrician EVER
trust him with my kids life!!!

November 3rd, 2016
Awful staff
His staff is awful. Military families beware! They refused to treat my son's broken arm and said we had to wait 10 days for an insurance referral. The insurance company said they were idiots and they needed to file an emergency referral. This office also switched us from the doctor to the nurse for two sick visits and never told us she wasn't covered under our insurance. We have to have a referral. Now they refuse to file the referral and instead are charging us a $50 co-pay per visit. Sleazy way to make extra money off of people. When i called to get an explanation the staff hung up on me.

November 25th, 2013
Looking around
Well first off, I called early this morning to schedule an appointment for my 11wk okd who is sick. I've called twice and 5hrs later still no response. Quite annoyed about this...also at my daughters 2month wellness check up I waited almost 2hrs to be seen. Once I got called back I waited 30mins...it was ridiculous. The nurses and staff are rude and really aren't kid friendly. Dr.Eberly on the other Hand seems legit and caring. I would reccomend him as a dr, but I wouldn't put up with the wait or staff.

September 11th, 2013
Exceptional Care
Dr. Eberly was our 5th pediatrican in less than a years time. He is by far the most exceptional Dr that we've ever seen. The wait time can be a little long in the waiting room, but that's because it's a very busy office. It would seem as though he sees a large amount of patients. But he's never rushed when he's in the room with us & he's very acute with his treatment. We are very grateful to have found him.

May 6th, 2013
I had to use Dr. Eberly as the on call doctor in the hospital. My son lost weight due to dehydration, ie I was not producing enough milk. We started on formula on day 2 and he immediately gained 1/2 a pound. We were still made to stay in the hospital for 5 days . I was told his kidneys were not functioning properly, it could be dehydration, his levels were not where he wanted them to be, etc. He even said he consulted with another doctor who thought it was dehydration but he still wasn't sure. They ran test after test with still NO real explanation. We started to ask questions, and tried to get the test results for a second opinion. We were told we could not get a second opinion on our son's medical test results because it "would not be what the doctor wanted". After 5 days of asking questions with no real answers we finally told the doctor we were leaving to get another opinion. The day after we left we got a second opinion. He looked over ALL the tests ran and was so confused as to why he ran all the tests. It was clear there was no need for them. Just to be safe he ran a final blood test. NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER. I am now stuck with a $1,800 + bill (after insurance already paid $15,000+). To say I am not satisfied would be a HUGE understatement.

May 2nd, 2011
Wonderful
Dr. Eberly is the most wonderful and caring doctor I have ever taken my children too. He is patient and concern with his patients. I will never use another doctor besides Dr. Eberly. I highly recommend him to anyone that asks.

April 6th, 2011
Great doctor, incompetent office staff
Dr. Eberly was my children's doctor for almost 5 years, but we got very frustrated dealing with his office staff. We have an excellent opinion of Dr. Eberly himself, but we had way too many mixed up charts, billing errors, prescriptions called in for the wrong child, etc., to feel comfortable continuing to use his office. When we questioned something or asked how to get it corrected, we were often met with rudeness or outright hostility and told it would take days to get the records or information.

October 28th, 2010
Good Doctor; Bad Nurses!!!!!
My baby is six months and we have been looking for doctors since he was born. Once we met Dr. Eberly we thought our search was over! He is caring and patient with the baby - and us! However, the last well baby visit was what I consider a disaster! There was a trainee nurse on site. She wasn't alone, of course, the chief nurse was instructing her how to hold the baby's legs and what to do before giving him his six months shots. The first thing to do even before holding the baby's legs was to get rid of the vaccines caps. So, the trainee nurse, trying to loose one of the lids accidentally poked herself, screamed a soft "ouch!", and hid her hand on her back - maybe thinking we had some sort of momentarily blindness and didn't see what happened! The chief nurse acted like she had not seen any of it - which would have been impossible since they were right beside each other, looking at the needles at the same time! (even I, who was sitting behind all of them saw what had just happened!) My husband and I watched the whole thing in disbelief!!! The chief nurse just kept on talking when the trainee, in pain tried to grab the vaccines and showed her bleeding finger. Then my husband spoke up, "Are you serious? You are not planning on using the same needle she poked herself on my son, are you?" The chief nurse, looking pale by now, trying to amend the situation first said she had not seen what happened, tried to give excuses, threw the vaccine on one of those injection's plastic containers, kept apologizing, and finally left the room to get a new vaccine. I was still in shock with what I had just witnessed! When the chief nurse came back, we were ready to leave! I could not picture her, or anybody belonging in that office at that moment to give my baby a shot! The whole thing happened quickly. In spite of all excuses, it was just unacceptable (to me at least)! The chief nurse even had the courage to say the new nurse had been giving shots all day! Come on now, really?! The next day we took the baby to the Health Department in Robertsdale. We were AMAZED by the nurse's professionalism and methodology to apply the vaccines. She was truly patient and didn't have to hold the baby down on a table - he took the shots sitting on his dad's lap. It was just perfect -including the price of the shot!After this incident I am seriously considering finding a new pediatrician - sorry Dr. Eberly. Because, at the end, you have more interactions with the nurses than with the doctor himself. If you don't trust them, how can you have peace of mind when calling for an emergency?

August 31st, 2010
Best Childrens Dr in Baldwin Co
When I first moved here I used peds dr in Fairhope but after all that driving from Gulf Shores I decided to try Dr Eberly. My children have now been seeing Him and his staff for the past 8 yrs. All the drs at his clinic are fantastic and the best part is I have NEVER called and had to wait more than a few hours to kid my daughters in when they r sick.

February 25th, 2010
I've never had a problem with my insurance or the staff. Just bring your insurance card.

November 13th, 2009
worth the wait for my the care provided to my child