Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
patient show details patient
by charles Kruger on Apr 8th, 2015

Dr. Ackerman performed arthroscopic surgery on my torn rotator cuff. He reassured me prior to surgery that the surgery would go well. With surgery and physical therapy I would be able to return to playing softball. I especiallyl liked his professionalism and he explained everything in a way that I was totally able to comprehend. I would highy recommend Dr. Ackerman to anyone needing surgery. Once again I was extremely satisfied with the results of the surgery and I am on my way to a full recovery and use of my shoulder. Thank you, Dr. Ackerman.

by joseph j tiano on Mar 13th, 2015

a very caring doctor who takes his time and makes sure it is right. He is the best.

Completel Satisfaction show details Completel Satisfaction
by John ONeil on Mar 11th, 2015

Dr Ackerman and his staff exceeded all my expectations. Nice job, I would recommend them to everybody. Very professional, and treats his patients like family.

p show details p
by Michael millspaugh on Mar 4th, 2015

I asked if I could get both of my knees done at the same time and dr Ackerman said sure as long as I qualified. We did the tests and I qualified so the operation was set up and completed. I am very pleased with the end results. If I had it to do over again I would.

by linda soble on Feb 22nd, 2015

I've used Dr. Ackerman for 4 surgeries and he is wonderful. His bedside manner is exceptional and his follow up visits are complete. He's always been there for me whenever I've needed him. I highly recommend him and will use him again myself.

by Ann Ruby and Richard Ruby on Dec 26th, 2014

Dr. Ackerman recently operated on my husband (total knee replacement).. I was amazed by his attention to detail and willingness to spend time with both of us to assure all went well before, during and after surgery.

patient show details patient
by Lisa Cowell on Sep 29th, 2014

Dr. Ackerman did an excellent work in my total knee replacement. You can really tell he cares about his patients. Its not just a job to him. I have rheumatoid arthritis and lose the ability to walk without pain. After surgery and physical therapy, I am walking without the pain and feel like I have my life back. I cant thank Dr. ACKERMAN enough for my new knee.

Bilateral knee replacement show details Bilateral knee replacement
by Linda Johnson on Aug 12th, 2014

When I awoke from the surgery, I could see that the knees were bandaged yet I had no pain! The nurses helped me up and asked my pain level...I said none. I proceeded to walk ...again no pain! The knees felt normal. I utilized the exercise and ice machines as much as possible in both the Jupiter Hospital and Gardens Court. I went to physical therapy twice daily and within a week I could climb stairs. Dr. Ackerman came to the hospital and rehab center to check up on me throughout the first two weeks. After just ten weeks my knees feel normal.

by Gary Cornelius on Jul 16th, 2014

Dr. Ackerman was highly recommended. We liked him. He guided me through the first knee replacement, which went very well. His connection with the in-patient rehab facility were helpful (he even visited me there). His recommendation for out-patient rehab helped complete the first knee replacement successfully. When it was time for the second replacement, we chose Dr. Ackerman again. It also went very well (he visited the out-patient rehab again). Now I have knee replacements that work very well with excellent range of motion.

Total Knee Replacement Success! show details Total Knee Replacement Success!
by Sherri Widmann on Apr 15th, 2014

I procrastinated for 3 years about the damage to my knee, I had outpatient procedures, injections, the whole none yards. Dr. Ackerman told me that I was too young to be going through all of this and that the only way to get my life back was to bite the bullet and get total knee replacement. So, I did! I am 7 weeks post op and am living my life just as I did 15 years ago. I am walking without aides, riding my bike and doing all of this painlessly. After 2 weeks my physical therapist said that I was surpassing the schedule and healing very well. At 3 weeks I was a rock star! The staples came out and at week 4 I was swimming again! I can say this...I should have done this years ago and I would recommend to anyone Dr. Ackerman's expertise, bed side manner and professional handling of any medical need.

feeling at ease show details feeling at ease
by Gloria Kappen on Nov 2nd, 2013

I was recommended to Dr. Ackerman by my sister, Patti-Ann Handelson and also two other of his patients. He is a doctor with a great education; but, that doesn't always make the best doctor. With Dr. Ackerman, I felt at ease and confident that I would get the best care possible for my knee. His staff is friendly and competent. His nurse, Geneva, always has a smile on her face and makes me feel at ease....especially, when I am getting a shot! I would recommend Dr. Ackerman to friends and family.

Best Orthopaedic Practice in Palm Beach County show details Best Orthopaedic Practice in Palm Beach County
Oct 3rd, 2013

The staff was courteous and very helpful. I loved the girls in the X-Ray department and Dr. Ackermans nurse is the best. Dr. Ackerman is very hands on and genuinely seems to care about the quality of care he provides to his patients. I highly recommend this practice to anyone who needs an Orthopaedic doctor.

Retired show details Retired
by George on Sep 9th, 2013

After initial evaluation, it was suggested that I have arthroscopic knee surgery...90% chance of success...surgery did not help. Next step was 5 injections of supartz...40% chance of success...did not help. I'm not suggesting that the lack of success was due to Dr. Ackerman. I really don't know if another doctor would have had different results, but if knee replacement is the next step, I'm choosing another doctor. That's primarily due to the lack of respect for my time. On at least 3 occasions, I waited over an hour for my appointment. One of those was 1 1/2 hours for a 5 minute injection. Totally unacceptable. Unfortunate, because I think he may be a very good doctor.

Office Manager show details Office Manager
by Lindsay I. on Aug 22nd, 2013

I just saw Dr. Ackerman as a new patient for my painful knees (both, yikes!) I was reluctant to schedule an appt. with an orthopaedic surgeon because i am young and active and fear the thought of surgery. Dr. Ackerman, very well dressed and down to earth, went over all of my options with me. Unfortunately, i am scheduled to have bilateral knee scopes in October. Fortunately, i am very confidant that i chose a great doctor. His nurse, Jeneva, was very nice and warm also. Overall- i was impressed with Palm Beach Sprotsmedicine.

Pain free and smiling! show details Pain free and smiling!
by Jim Posey on Jul 5th, 2013

After 35 years of abuse to my left knee, it was time for a full knee replacement. I knew it would be a challenge because when I had it scoped in 1998 the OR/Doctor voted me the worst knee they had ever seen prior to a knee replacement. Again, I was voted the worst knee they had ever seen when I had it replaced Feb 1st of this year. I am happy to say that the surgery went extremely well and that Dr. Ackerman rose to the challenge and did a fantastic job! If there were ten stars in this survey, I would have given them to Dr. Ackerman.

One of the Best show details One of the Best
by David Beuttenmuller on Jun 24th, 2009

If any of my friends or family ever needed an orthopaedic surgeon there would be only one I would recommend and that would be Dr. Gary Ackerman.Not to take anything away from other doctors but I would find it very difficult to believe that there is another one any better.

Apr 13th, 2009

Dr. Ackerman is the most compassionate and caring doctor I have ever had. I have many bone problems and he always has time and always helps me when I need it.