Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Mike Daniel on Sep 25th, 2016

Great disposition and bedside manner. Couldn't be better

Top notch surgeon show details Top notch surgeon
by Steve Flaherty on Sep 12th, 2016

Dr Ackerman performed my full knee replacement surgery and couldn't be happier...my knee is great after only 2 months and I am back to doing almost everything I was doing before...Also has the best staff around

Aug 27th, 2016

The assessment, care and treatment, service, and follow-up with Dr. Ackerman and his staff were nothing short of outstanding. Dr. Ackerman's knowledge, skills, and professionalism are second to none. From registration through the assessment and diagnostics, to the procedure at the surgical center where the staff knew exactly what steps Dr. Ackerman expected, to the follow-up abck at his office - all exceptional. Dr. Ackerman has outstanding knowledge, skills and professionalism, all complimented by superb staff providing great care and service, especially Geneva.

Absolute perfection! show details Absolute perfection!
by Karen N on Aug 23rd, 2016

My first hip replacement (2007) Dr Ackerman had performed with due diligence to actually pick out pieces and tiny shards of deteriorated bone with a pair of tweezers, taking 4 hours. That extra effort is ultimate patient care! Recovery was amazingly pain free. My other hip began to get arthritic and although I now reside in Tallahassee I knew Dr Ackerman was the only surgeon I trust. It has been absolutely perfect ! Both my legs are the same length, which are due to Dr Ackermans skill, expertise, great attention to detail, and abilities to improve upon what was originally there. I'm dancing with joy !

Great knee surgeon show details Great knee surgeon
by PN on Aug 6th, 2016

I had a full knee replacement and 3 months since surgery, I am exceeding all expectations - I've been back at work since week 3. I am now walking on the sandy beach and I even am doing multiple flights of stairs, getting back into shape. Dr. Ackerman took lots of time to listen and answer all of our questions. Highly recommend Dr A for your knee surgery.

knee replacements were a huge succes show details knee replacements were a huge succes
Jul 21st, 2016

I had bilateral knee replacements and I was back to working 12 hr. shifts as an ICU nurse and I don't have any pain in my knees. Dr. Ackerman and his staff said I had the worst knees he has ever worked on in 30 years. I know it was not an easy surgery but he did an amazing job o them. I am working full time without any difficulties. If I would have known how easy this has been, I would have done this decades ago.

Phenomenal show details Phenomenal
by Tina Jamieson on Jul 13th, 2016

I have no hesitation in recommending this amazing doctor. He is skilled, caring and dedicated. I have had two total hip replacements in three months and I could not have made a better choice of surgeon. Do your physical therapy at his office if you are willing to work hard and want rapid recovery.

by Melanie H on Jun 23rd, 2016

I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Ackerman and have had nothing but excellent results. No pain and full function after all 3. The physical therapy dept there is top notch and I highly recommend using them for any rehab needed.

by William Glynn on Jun 8th, 2016

I asked several Health Care professionals in the area who the best surgeon is to replace my knee. Dr. Ackerman's name kept being repeated. I have had excellent results and will definitely use his services again when I have the other knee replaced.

Jun 8th, 2016

7 yrs ago! Top notch!

Best Orthopedic Surgeon In Palm Beach County Florida show details Best Orthopedic Surgeon In Palm Beach County Florida
by Howard S on May 17th, 2016

I have been a patient of Doctor Ackerman for more than 10 years. He has treated me for tennis elbow, a torn hamstring and most recently he performed a full knee replacement. He is an incredible and highly skilled surgeon. He was also very helpful in explaining the knee replacement process, discussing my x-rays and answering any questions I had. He has always made me feel extremely comfortable and I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone who is having orthopedic issues.

by Melanie H on Nov 12th, 2015

4 days post op and I have no pain. Dr. Ackerman and his staff do a phenomenal job!

Amazing Doctor. show details Amazing Doctor.
by Andrea Robinson on Nov 12th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr.Ackerman for a few years now he replaced both my knees. He and his staff in both locations a gtreat. They make you feel comfirtable and his bedside matter is amazing. I love going there and have reccomanded them over and over again.

by A. Sauby on Oct 27th, 2015

I am extremely satisfied with my knee replacement and I was treated very well in all respects. My pain was also managed 100%.

by michael rapport on Sep 15th, 2015

one of the best anywhere

by Mrs. Carla Anchors on Sep 2nd, 2015

Always a pleasure to see Dr. Ackerman and staff; STELLAR medical care and skills would not see any one else for surgeries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband has had both knees replaced and I'm going for my first soon. Will only use Dr.Ackerman

Jul 1st, 2015

Thank you Dr Ackerman!!! I was in pain 24/7 so long and now I am pain free and my shoulder is close to 100%. I am back on the tennis courts!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you

by LS Grace on May 28th, 2015

Dr. Ackerman performed my hip surgery . He is a dedicated, caring doctor taking the time to explain things and listen to his patient's concerns. It is evident that he cares for his patients and their recovery by the amount of time he spends for follow up visits. I would highly recommend him to my friends .

The Best show details The Best
by S. Seder on May 5th, 2015

Worth the wait. Tough case with excellent results. He is realistic and forthright. Would trust him with any knee problems. Thanks to him my life has returned to normal.

patient show details patient
by charles Kruger on Apr 8th, 2015

Dr. Ackerman performed arthroscopic surgery on my torn rotator cuff. He reassured me prior to surgery that the surgery would go well. With surgery and physical therapy I would be able to return to playing softball. I especiallyl liked his professionalism and he explained everything in a way that I was totally able to comprehend. I would highy recommend Dr. Ackerman to anyone needing surgery. Once again I was extremely satisfied with the results of the surgery and I am on my way to a full recovery and use of my shoulder. Thank you, Dr. Ackerman.

by joseph j tiano on Mar 13th, 2015

a very caring doctor who takes his time and makes sure it is right. He is the best.

Completel Satisfaction show details Completel Satisfaction
by John ONeil on Mar 11th, 2015

Dr Ackerman and his staff exceeded all my expectations. Nice job, I would recommend them to everybody. Very professional, and treats his patients like family.

p show details p
by Michael millspaugh on Mar 4th, 2015

I asked if I could get both of my knees done at the same time and dr Ackerman said sure as long as I qualified. We did the tests and I qualified so the operation was set up and completed. I am very pleased with the end results. If I had it to do over again I would.

by linda soble on Feb 22nd, 2015

I've used Dr. Ackerman for 4 surgeries and he is wonderful. His bedside manner is exceptional and his follow up visits are complete. He's always been there for me whenever I've needed him. I highly recommend him and will use him again myself.

by Ann Ruby and Richard Ruby on Dec 26th, 2014

Dr. Ackerman recently operated on my husband (total knee replacement).. I was amazed by his attention to detail and willingness to spend time with both of us to assure all went well before, during and after surgery.

patient show details patient
by Lisa Cowell on Sep 29th, 2014

Dr. Ackerman did an excellent work in my total knee replacement. You can really tell he cares about his patients. Its not just a job to him. I have rheumatoid arthritis and lose the ability to walk without pain. After surgery and physical therapy, I am walking without the pain and feel like I have my life back. I cant thank Dr. ACKERMAN enough for my new knee.

Bilateral knee replacement show details Bilateral knee replacement
by Linda Johnson on Aug 12th, 2014

When I awoke from the surgery, I could see that the knees were bandaged yet I had no pain! The nurses helped me up and asked my pain level...I said none. I proceeded to walk ...again no pain! The knees felt normal. I utilized the exercise and ice machines as much as possible in both the Jupiter Hospital and Gardens Court. I went to physical therapy twice daily and within a week I could climb stairs. Dr. Ackerman came to the hospital and rehab center to check up on me throughout the first two weeks. After just ten weeks my knees feel normal.

by Gary Cornelius on Jul 16th, 2014

Dr. Ackerman was highly recommended. We liked him. He guided me through the first knee replacement, which went very well. His connection with the in-patient rehab facility were helpful (he even visited me there). His recommendation for out-patient rehab helped complete the first knee replacement successfully. When it was time for the second replacement, we chose Dr. Ackerman again. It also went very well (he visited the out-patient rehab again). Now I have knee replacements that work very well with excellent range of motion.

Total Knee Replacement Success! show details Total Knee Replacement Success!
by Sherri Widmann on Apr 15th, 2014

I procrastinated for 3 years about the damage to my knee, I had outpatient procedures, injections, the whole none yards. Dr. Ackerman told me that I was too young to be going through all of this and that the only way to get my life back was to bite the bullet and get total knee replacement. So, I did! I am 7 weeks post op and am living my life just as I did 15 years ago. I am walking without aides, riding my bike and doing all of this painlessly. After 2 weeks my physical therapist said that I was surpassing the schedule and healing very well. At 3 weeks I was a rock star! The staples came out and at week 4 I was swimming again! I can say this...I should have done this years ago and I would recommend to anyone Dr. Ackerman's expertise, bed side manner and professional handling of any medical need.

Best Orthopaedic Practice in Palm Beach County show details Best Orthopaedic Practice in Palm Beach County
Oct 3rd, 2013

The staff was courteous and very helpful. I loved the girls in the X-Ray department and Dr. Ackermans nurse is the best. Dr. Ackerman is very hands on and genuinely seems to care about the quality of care he provides to his patients. I highly recommend this practice to anyone who needs an Orthopaedic doctor.

Retired show details Retired
by George on Sep 9th, 2013

After initial evaluation, it was suggested that I have arthroscopic knee surgery...90% chance of success...surgery did not help. Next step was 5 injections of supartz...40% chance of success...did not help. I'm not suggesting that the lack of success was due to Dr. Ackerman. I really don't know if another doctor would have had different results, but if knee replacement is the next step, I'm choosing another doctor. That's primarily due to the lack of respect for my time. On at least 3 occasions, I waited over an hour for my appointment. One of those was 1 1/2 hours for a 5 minute injection. Totally unacceptable. Unfortunate, because I think he may be a very good doctor.

Pain free and smiling! show details Pain free and smiling!
by Jim Posey on Jul 5th, 2013

After 35 years of abuse to my left knee, it was time for a full knee replacement. I knew it would be a challenge because when I had it scoped in 1998 the OR/Doctor voted me the worst knee they had ever seen prior to a knee replacement. Again, I was voted the worst knee they had ever seen when I had it replaced Feb 1st of this year. I am happy to say that the surgery went extremely well and that Dr. Ackerman rose to the challenge and did a fantastic job! If there were ten stars in this survey, I would have given them to Dr. Ackerman.

One of the Best show details One of the Best
by David Beuttenmuller on Jun 24th, 2009

If any of my friends or family ever needed an orthopaedic surgeon there would be only one I would recommend and that would be Dr. Gary Ackerman.Not to take anything away from other doctors but I would find it very difficult to believe that there is another one any better.

Apr 13th, 2009

Dr. Ackerman is the most compassionate and caring doctor I have ever had. I have many bone problems and he always has time and always helps me when I need it.