Dr. Gary Alweiss MD Patient Reviews

May 7th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Alweiss for the past 12 years for the treatment of moderate to severe migraines. Always up to date with the new ideas & treatments concerning migraines, together we have successfully managed my pain over these years. I say together because Dr. Alweiss is not one of those doctors who half listens & then dictates a standardized mode of treatment for all migraine sufferers. With his patient's input & his recommendations, together an individually tailored plan of action is created. I highly recommend Dr. Alweiss. As a matter of fact I live over an hour and a half away but still make the journey to see him because I know I am in capable & caring hands.

October 15th, 2015
Best Neurologist is the Area
Dr Alweiss has been my neurologist for about 15 years now. He listens to my concerns and always spends at least 20 minutes with me at every appointment. He was the 4th neurologist (and the last) that I will ever go to. I travel over an hour to see him.

December 6th, 2014
A Perfect Ten
Four stars in the vitals.com system are not enough. Gary Alweiss is a perfect 10 on my measuring scale. Take a minute please to hear the details. I came to Gary Alweiss after four other doctors from various specialties had failed to diagnose a condition that caused excruciating pain which lasted for ten straight days and sleepless nights. First I wanted the physical pain to end, and then I wanted to know what was going on inside my body. Having gone through previous blood tests, multiple MRIs, and several hospital visits, I was bothered by as much psychic pain from a lack of knowledge as I was by obvious muscle atrophy and nerve pain. After a thorough neurological workup, this superb doctor told me with total confidence (and correctness): "You have diabetic amyotrophy. About 1% of all diabetic patients experience these symptoms you have been having. The pain does goes away and repeat attacks are even rarer. In time, with physical rehabilitation you are going to be back to your normal self. Your muscles will get stronger and the peripheral nerves will regenerate." I came out of that office feeling that Gary Alweiss had restored first my sense of mental health, and secondarily he was going to guide me back to full bodily health. And that's exactly what happened. His extraordinary diagnostic, his comforting manner and his overall medical expertise were a godsend to me and my family. This note on vitals.com is my way of trying to say a proper thank you to this superb physician and to let any neurologic patient in the Englewood area of Northern New Jersey know that help can be on the way ---------- by scheduling an appointment to see Dr. Gary Alweiss.

November 19th, 2013
Dr Alweiss has a wonderful bedside manner and is very confident in his area of expertise. The office staff is horrible. They ignore you and go on with personal conversations while you're standing at the window waiting to check in. On the phone or in person the office staff make you feel like a nuisance bothering them. WHY WOULD DR ALWEISS ALLOW THIS TO OCCUR IN HIS OFFICE?!?!

August 19th, 2012
AWESOME DOCTOR
Dr. Alweiss is awesome, he has been my doctor for over 4 years. I would not trade him for anything!

November 17th, 2008
I was very pleased with Dr. Alweiss. He was the third doctor I had seen to discuss my condition (MS). He met all the criteria I like in a doctor (knowledgeable, straight-forward & personable).