inactive

Gary C Bellman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 26th, 2015
Has to be among the best.Personally accompanied me to Operating room.Extremely comforting.TURP 100% successful.

January 19th, 2015
Not a caring doctor
My primary care physician called him on a Friday afternoon. I had a abscess in my perineum that was getting progressively worse. My scrotum was enormous and I was very uncomfortable. My primary care physician called him and told him I needed to be seen right away. My primary care physician then passed his cell phone to me to schedule an appointment. Dr. Bellman then told me to call his office and set something up. I called only to find out he was closed on Friday afternoon and that I could see him on Monday. I called his emergency number and he called and said I should let the antibiotics work. I believed him because he was recommended by my primary doctor, but my infection continued to get worse over the weekend. When I finally saw him on Monday he was "very concerned" about my infection. He performed a very painful procedure to drain the abscess and pack it. Perhaps it had to hurt to fix it, and Dr. Bellman's procedure was the primary reason I got better, but I shouldn't have had to wait the whole weekend. I think a good doctor would have either seen me or sent me to urgent care of the ER. My experience with Dr. Bellman was not good. If you really need a doctor for a serious situation, I would look for a different doctor.

February 12th, 2014
Stay Away
This is one of the worst doctor's offices I have ever been to. The staff was very rude and disorganized. My first call resulted in a message for a return call that was never returned. After calling back, and finally getting to talk to someone, the woman I talked to was rude, and made me go out of my way to get my insurance policy numbers before she would even tell me the doctor's available dates and times for an appointment. This may not sound that bad, but I wanted to get in as soon as possible, and my wallet was in my car which was not nearby. After I got my insurance information, and gave her all the numbers she asked for, she set an appointment. I arrived early to fill out the paperwork, and gave the woman my Blue Shield card, and she looks at me and rudely says, the doctor is out of network. What does that mean, I asked? You have to pay cash. You mean you won't even bill Blue Shield for a portion of it? No. Why didn't you tell me you didn't accept my insurance when I gave you the information upon making the appointment? Oh, err, em... We can't tell what plan you have by the policy number. Why didn't' you ask me? Ask the patient? Yes. Well, err, em, I don't know why they didn't ask... Thanks for wasting my afternoon...

March 22nd, 2013
Vasectomy
I was very nervous about getting a vasectomy, Dr Bellman explained everything to me and he said very little pain during the procedure. Here's how it went-- 1 undress from waist down and lay on your back. 2 Get a few numbing injections to sack ( DID NOT HURT) felt like a minor rubber band snap. 3 After a few minutes Dr Bellman starts his magic, he works and talks to you at the same time and in 10 -15 minutes he was done.. That's it all done!! Just follow the doctors post opp instructions and you will be good. I give Dr Gary Bellman an A++!!

February 23rd, 2013
Great Experience
Dr. Bellman and his staff come very highly recommended. I recently had a cystoscopy done and was very pleased with the doctors level of knowledge, bedside manner and thoroughness. My overall experience was very satisfying.

September 20th, 2012
Im currently enrolled on the anti-aging program with Dr. Bellman and it has changed the way i see life, Im an active person, i m looking forward to go to the gym every day and get stronger, this is nothing to be afraid of more and more people are trying it

February 27th, 2012
Great experience with my first ever surgical procedure. Dr. Bellman made me very comfortable with the procedures and the recovery was very fast and almost pain free,

September 27th, 2011
Terrific
Great Dr, great office, great staff, great experience.

February 28th, 2011
Dr Bellman is prepared to take on patients who have residual problems from out-of-country procedures (HIFU). Dr. Bellman took my case without hesitation and promptly resolved the problem. To this writer, it is apparent that Dr Bellman places the most emphasis on the health and well-being of the patient.

December 1st, 2010
Great doctor! Gives out email and biz card to facilitate the physician-patient relationship. Highly recommended

June 20th, 2010
Thank You Dr. Bellman
I recently came across a urinary problem and searched endless amounts for the proper doctor. Every doctor that I visited didnt feel right or didnt do the best that they could to help me fix my problem. I found out about Dr. Bellman and eagerly called to see if he can help. I came into the office to meet with him and he fully explained to me everything that was going on, putting me at ease and letting everything out in the open so that no hidden things will later pop up. I had to have surgery and it went quite well, and I am fully recovered. Dr. Bellman is truly a professional and was so calm and had a tremendous amount of patience and treated me not as just a patient but really really had my best interest in mind.I would recommend Dr. Bellman without a doubt to anybody.

June 16th, 2010
Great Doc
Dr. Bellman was referred to me by my primary physican who is in the same building. Dr. B immediately put me at ease and made me feel like a VIP. He is thourough, caring and spent quite a bit of time with me, which is unusual for any doctor. I would be happy to recommend him to anyone needing a urologist.