Dr. Gary Berman Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Gary Berman?

Great Headache Doctor & Cares about Patients

Posted on July 17th, 2015

I was a bit apprehensive after reading the negative reviews for Dr. Berman before my appointment. I shouldn't of been. First, he was the first doctor to accurately diagnose my headaches in 6 years. 6 years! Amazing! For 2 years he was in a residency (I believe at Mayo Clinic Med's school?) were he saw 25 headache patients a day. He knows what he's doing. Plus, he genuinely cares. I had to move outside of Minneapolis. He was out of the office during the time I needed to see him for a follow up before I left. He actually changed his schedule to come in to see me on his day off. He truly cares. Regarding his alleged "poor" bedside manner cited by other reviews, I think he is misunderstood. He is brilliant, introverted, and a bit aware he is brilliant. I think this could come across as condescending and he may seem rushed. I actually found his witty, introverted borderline shy with sarcastic sense of humor to be charming and funny. He'll fix you and he cares. Plus he asks weird questions like "what do you know about me?" or "what did you think when that medication didn't work?" Love him! Great doctor. I recommend him.

My opinion is - see another doctor

Posted on October 28th, 2014

I was very unimpressed with Dr. Berman. To me, it appeared that the doctor was not interested in anything I had to say and also that he had other, better things to be doing. I felt he was rather disrespectful of the insight I have into my own body, and I was treated like I had no idea what I was talking about because I was "just" a patient. It seemed to me, that he came into the room already knowing what he was going to do whether or not I agreed with his treatment plan. When I had questions regarding the treatment he prescribed, it felt like I had entered into some sort of strange power play. It appeared to me that my opinion just wasn't important. I was very disappointed with Dr. Berman and will be seeking a second opinion with an entirely different allergy and asthma specialty clinic. It is sad that my experience was so poor and frustrating that I now refuse to see any other doctor at the clinic he works at. I will also be writing a letter to the clinic explaining my disappointment and dissatisfaction.

Posted on April 25th, 2011

He has a rude manner. Did not care to listen to me as a new patient. Didn't take time in general, appeared to have better places to be.

Posted on October 19th, 2016