Dr. Gary Birken MD Patient Reviews

November 3rd, 2015
Excellent doctor! My son had an infection in his lymph node (neck area) that had to be drained. Incision was tiny; barely noticeable. The entire hospital stay (before and after the surgery) we were kept informed of what was going on. Everything explained in layman's terms. The post op apt, we were worried about infection and some slight swelling to the site. Dr. Birken had no problem telling us to come back every week for about a month. Each time with noticeable improvement. Even at the "would be" last apt where I expected my son to be discharged from his care...he said, "Okay, let's have him come back in 4 wks just so you feel comfortable that all the swelling is gone". What doctor does that? I am very pleased with our experience and overall care provided. Oh yes, his office staff and ARNP's are also very friendly!!!

September 26th, 2012
Great doctor
I would recommend this doctor to anyone.

July 19th, 2011
Great physician. Very patient and understanding. Great with my daughter.

October 28th, 2009
OUR HERO
Dr Birken saved my grandson's life, literally. He was involved in an incident in another hospital when my daughter and I had my grandson transfered to Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital,where we were lucky enough to meet Dr Birken. I have never met a more caring and compassionate man in my life, and I am also in the medical field. He was very knowledgeable, kept my daughter and I informed of everything going on and was always available if we had any questions. He had to do several operations on my grandson due to the extent of burns internally, but he never gave up. Now my grandson is 5 years old. He is a healthy and happy boy. He still obviously has some scars but he knows Dr Birken saved him and if not for Dr Birken there is no doubt in my mind Haeden would not have survived. We owe him everything.