Dr. Gary Bobele MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

April 21st, 2016
RUDE,COLD THE MAN DOESN'T CARE- RETIRE NOW!
I could not wait to see this man, after the appt. I felt it was a complete waste of time. My child needs help. You ask him a question, his attitude is what do you want me to do about it? I'm completely at a loss. My childs thoughts were, he said do this and he left. He gets paid good money and doesn't even spend the time with you. We are wasting his time. I'm definitely getting another opinion, he's the only doctor that has ever made me feel this way. People don't bother to waste your time with this person, he needs to retire -play golf or whatever. He needs to close shop. Very rude to adults. Get the proper help for your child, he doesn't care to help you. I have never left a report like this ever. I'm going to someone who cares about my child and is willing to help.

March 22nd, 2013
Seemingly Uninterested
My child has recently been diagnosed with OCD and acute depression and in the last couple weeks gone downhill so quickly that he cannot function. Doesn't sleep, punches himself, along with all the classic OCD rituals like checking locks, washing hands, to the point where he is not in school and can no longer focus on anything. It has turned our lives upside down. He needs help. Dr. Bobele's bedside manner was actually pretty decent with us, he just wan't really helpful. There are many drugs available to treat OCD, but he prescribed one that has to be mixed and was not available anywhere in town. He didn't explain anything about OCD, what causes it, how to really treat it, or mention anything about why or why not an EEG or MRI would be useful/necessary, and did not recommend therapy, which is the standard treatment for OCD, along with proper medication. We just ended up going back to my son's primary care provider to get a prescription that can actually be filled and a referral to a therapist. I hear there is a lack of pediatric neurologists here in Corpus Christi. If you really need help, I would recommend going somewhere else like Houston.

May 1st, 2012
very Rude
The waiting is long. The nurses are rude. You try to tell the Medication he is on. They roll their eyes at you when you can pernouns them. When you go back to the room another long wait. When the Dr walks in he walks in like he has a chip on his shoulder. You try to talk to him he ignores you. He talks to me like I am a child. That I don't know what I a talking about.

April 4th, 2011
Very BAD bedside manner
My son is 11 now and we have been seeing Dr. Bobele for 3 years. My son is overweight, however the comments that have been made by this Dr. are very disturbing. For example, he wanted us to switch him from liquid meds to a pill form, we explained to him that our son cannot swollow pills and he said, and I quote " well he sure don't have a problem swollowing those big hunks of hamburger meat" I was appalled. However, we still saw him another two times. The last time, I called to let him know that my son had just had a seizure that lasted more thatn 20 min. and we took him to the hospital. He said, and again I quote, "well, if you arent willing to change his medicene, the only thing I can offer you is sympathy" he told us to up his dosage by 2ml and that was the last time we saw him. That was 2 months ago. We found a new Dr. and explained to him what is going on, he immidiatly ordered a EEG and an MRI, which showed that his shunt is malfunctiong, he will have to have surgery to replace it. If you choose to use Dr. Bobele, and put the life of your child in his hands, If you ever suspect he might have missed something, please get a second opinion. Your childs life may depend on it.

October 27th, 2008
Poor Service!!
He evaluated my child for a short amount of time and gave no recommendations. It took months before our referring pediatrician ever got a copy of the report. I had to pay $46.00 for a report!!