Pediatricians, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
Bay Area
Childrens Physician Services Of South Texas
3533 S Alameda St
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
361-694-4513
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

|  Seemingly Uninterested  |  show details
by Maria H. on Mar 22nd, 2013

My child has recently been diagnosed with OCD and acute depression and in the last couple weeks gone downhill so quickly that he cannot function. Doesn't sleep, punches himself, along with all the classic OCD rituals like checking locks, washing hands, to the point where he is not in school and can no longer focus on anything. It has turned our lives upside down. He needs help. Dr. Bobele's bedside manner was actually pretty decent with us, he just wan't really helpful. There are many drugs available to treat OCD, but he prescribed one that has to be mixed and was not available anywhere in town. He didn't explain anything about OCD, what causes it, how to really treat it, or mention anything about why or why not an EEG or MRI would be useful/necessary, and did not recommend therapy, which is the standard treatment for OCD, along with proper medication. We just ended up going back to my son's primary care provider to get a prescription that can actually be filled and a referral to a therapist. I hear there is a lack of pediatric neurologists here in Corpus Christi. If you really need help, I would recommend going somewhere else like Houston.

|  Don't take an Autistic (or ANY) child here!  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

Dr. Bobele is completely incompetent. He "diagnosed" my child from across the room without performing any type of testing or exam. When he did get around to the exam, it was the most incomplete, half-arsed exam she'd had in her entire life. He believes you can "see" Autism from across the room, and has done this to numerous other Autistic kids. He does not do any testing for Autism AT ALL. As for physical testing, it is way below even what she's had at a regular pediatrician. On top of that, he is beyond rude, doesn't read any medical records provided to DISPUTE his ridiculous claims and contradicts himself (stated in 1st visit that "Cerebral Palsy is characterized by low muscle tone that never changes." In 2nd visit, stated that "Cerebral Palsy changes over the years.") to make sure he covers his own arse. If you are in Corpus, get a referral to SA or Austin, unless you want your kid misdiagnosed!

|  very Rude  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

The waiting is long. The nurses are rude. You try to tell the Medication he is on. They roll their eyes at you when you can pernouns them. When you go back to the room another long wait. When the Dr walks in he walks in like he has a chip on his shoulder. You try to talk to him he ignores you. He talks to me like I am a child. That I don't know what I a talking about.

|  Very BAD bedside manner  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2011

My son is 11 now and we have been seeing Dr. Bobele for 3 years. My son is overweight, however the comments that have been made by this Dr. are very disturbing. For example, he wanted us to switch him from liquid meds to a pill form, we explained to him that our son cannot swollow pills and he said, and I quote " well he sure don't have a problem swollowing those big hunks of hamburger meat" I was appalled. However, we still saw him another two times. The last time, I called to let him know that my son had just had a seizure that lasted more thatn 20 min. and we took him to the hospital. He said, and again I quote, "well, if you arent willing to change his medicene, the only thing I can offer you is sympathy" he told us to up his dosage by 2ml and that was the last time we saw him. That was 2 months ago. We found a new Dr. and explained to him what is going on, he immidiatly ordered a EEG and an MRI, which showed that his shunt is malfunctiong, he will have to have surgery to replace it. If you choose to use Dr. Bobele, and put the life of your child in his hands, If you ever suspect he might have missed something, please get a second opinion. Your childs life may depend on it.

|  show details
Nov 22nd, 2008

Dr. Bobele is currently seeing my 10 month old granddaughter. He began seeing her in 9/08 for spastic quadraparisis. Dr. Bobele ordered an MRI for her and placed her on a low dose medication. The medicine has helped her condition tremendously. He has given us another diagnosis based on her MRI and he thoroughly explained this condition to us. Dr. Bobele is a very caring and compassionate physician. We are grateful to be in his care and have complete confidence in his abilities to properly care for my granddaughter.

|  Poor Service!!  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2008

He evaluated my child for a short amount of time and gave no recommendations. It took months before our referring pediatrician ever got a copy of the report. I had to pay $46.00 for a report!!