Dr. Gary Bradley Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Gary Bradley?

Total Hip Replacement

Posted on June 10th, 2015

Eight weeks ago I had a total hip replacement from Dr. Bradley. If I could have written my own script on how I would like everything to go, I could not have written one as good as my actual experience. From the pre-op appointments to surgery day, to my recovery everything went better than I could have imagined. I interviewed two Dr.'s in LA and then Gary Bradley in Santa Barbara and am so glad I made the choice to go with him. I was off all pain meds the second day home from the hospital and actually woke up from surgery with the deep hip pain gone. I couldn't think of a better Dr. or staff to ever go to for such an important surgery. The service and care I received at Goleta Valley Hospital was also outstanding.

To be avoided

Posted on March 23rd, 2015

My experience with Dr. Bradley was not good. I politely corrected him on a small fact that he had not understood correctly, and he actually yelled at me! I was so shocked at his apparent lack of control and probable poor self esteem (why else to yell if at all questioned?!) that the visit was really over for me at that point. He did end up completely misdiagnosing me and writing the misdiagnosis in my chart which I have to figure out now how to correct and/or refute. I went to far better regarded physicians after him as his diagnosis seemed way off, and they all confirmed that there was no basis whatsoever for his misdiagnosis. They were all puzzled at how he came up with that! If you are looking for a good diagnostician, competent medical knowledge and a decent bedside manner, I would have to advise you look elsewhere--that is if you find the experience I had with him as disconcerting as I did!

Posted on February 1st, 2012

Without doubt the best surgent in Santa Barbara county.My operation and care I received was flawless. Dr. Bradley replaced my hip using the anterior approach ,my pain level and recovery was remarkable.

Posted on April 15th, 2011

He was condescending, impatient, uninterested in anything I said, imperious and hostile. I waited over 2 hours after falling in a canyon, no ice, no elevation offered. My ankle continued to swell, the staff was amazed at how bad it looked, but no one offered help. His PA has a bad attitude as well....

Posted on March 29th, 2011

Dr. Bradley seems to be quite knowledgeable about hip problems. My main complaint is that he spends most of the appointment working on his computer with his back turned to the patient. I believe that he would never recognize any of his patients in the waiting room. I would like a little more personal contact.

Posted on January 10th, 2011

Not good at handling elderly patients. Shows no personal interest, just wants to do surgery and move on to the next. Confuses patient on post op care. Bad bedside manner and condescending. The PA is no better.

Spouse wondered why I would tolerate such abuse

Posted on January 20th, 2009

I have never in my life experienced such a disrespectful two appointments. Both times, I waited for two hours, without explanation or apology. After obtaining the reports from these two visits, I was amazed at the lies. It was stated that my x-rays were discussed with me, along with my condition, etc...and plan of action, and there were inappropriate comments regarding my spouse, which were not even true. NONE of the above were explained to me.It saddened me to see what I used to think was a kind, competent doctor,to someone who in my opinion should be more honest if he had problems with your being a patient of his. I thought it was my imagination, until as I was exiting the exam room, I overheard him entering the next with a completely changed tone of voice, and apologizing for being so behind!!!!! I decided I didn't need that kind of abuse, and dropped him like a hot potato. Seriously considered reporting to Medicare.

Posted on June 28th, 2016