Dr. Gary Burton MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 23rd, 2017
Gifted Surgeon
Dr. Gary Burton is an outstanding surgeon with great patience and bedside manners. He answered all of my questions and concerns both pre and post operation. The results of my surgery were beyond my expectations. Dr. Burton has a wonderful staff who are courteous and helpful. I have recommended Dr. Burton to two friends who loved his work.

December 5th, 2016
When I see any rating higher than "2", I am thinking that they must have been paid to write their review. Dr. Burton cares nothing about the outcome of his lipo patients. He knows absolutely nothing about sculpting. He just takes fat out randomly, leaving you looking totally lopsided. When I turn to the left in my mirror, my stomach pokes out and I have a muffin top. When I turn to the right, my stomach isn't flat, but it's considerably flatter than the other side, but still with the muffin top. Why leave a muffin top on someone and lipo the bottom stomach? He just wants you to come back to pay for revisions. I recommend that you stay as far away as possible from this quack and his ghetto staff. Any time you have to beg for before-and-after pictures and they keep making excuses, let that be a big red flag. Once he's got your money, he could care less about you. His follow-ups were always rushed and he made me feel as though I was a bother. He should be reported and perhaps researched to see if he really is board certified. DON'T GO TO THIS MAN!

October 18th, 2016
Fat Transfer
So I read another review where someone stated their fat did not take, I went to Dr. Burton on April 12, 2016 and my surgery went very well. He told me in the consultation that he could not create miracles and my fat was not guaranteed to take. This is something your body has to except. Overall he did a good job on me and he does something I have not saw any other doctors do which is offer a touch up if you are not pleased. I am very pleased with my results and I would do it all over again with him if I had too.

May 29th, 2016
Worst
This was the worst experience. I spent my hard earned money for liposuction. I was rushed because he was late finishing someone else. The anesthesiologist pulled my IV out blood flew. She was sooooo rude. I got lipo and fat transfer and nothing took not even the lipo. I was leaking fluid my whole ride home. Please do not go to this doctor. He is not worth your money. He doesn't care. The work is SUPER poor. I should have went to the Dominicans. I will never use his services again. Literally I look as if nothing at ALL was done.

January 6th, 2016
love, love, love this doctor!!!

October 10th, 2015
Dr Burton is awesome , he is a professional that keeps it real . his staff is always courteous and professional

September 25th, 2015
Breast reduction and tummy tuck disaster
People please do your research on these so called doctors before they not only take your hard earned money but will leave you highly disappointed. I thought by going to a board certify black plastic surgeon that I would get someone who would understand my wants and needs especially representing a respected hospital.Dr.Gary Burton doesn't care about any of the people that come into his office, I'm writing this as a warning for any/all.DO NOT ALLOW THIS MAN TO OPERATE ON YOU!!!!!!! Not only did this man make my breast lopsided, my one nipple was not sewn all the way around,my tummy tuck was rushed with only his front lobby secretaries there,so that means they(the secretaries) had to be the only other people in the facility while Dr.Gary Burton performed this major operation on my body by himself unless he had his untrained secretary in the small operating room watching him butcher my body.I was rushed after surgery to wake up and get out of his Mithceville,Md office where i was given two dry animal crackers and some water. My husband was not allowed back into the building once he went out to get something to eat so he waited in the car witnessing me being dragged to the front lobby door.Keep in mind as well after the initial consultation I never spoke nor saw Dr.Burton for any farther info concerning the the sizing of the compression garment all the questions were answered by the front lobby secretary.I returned on a follow -up visit showing all my concerns Dr.Burton told me that once I got my revision done he would straighten all my imperfections.It's months later an everyday that I remove my shirt I cry because I know Dr.Burton did a rush job on my body and doesn't care about the outcome because he has already been paid.

July 7th, 2015
Please stay away from Dr. Gary Burton, I experienced the worst Breast Augmentation four years ago due to Dr. Gary Burton lack of knowledge. I had to wait 2 1/2 hours on surgery day and that was a true red flag. He rushed through the surgery because he was way behind schedule due to another problem he encountered during surgery. This is now going to cost me twice as much to fix his mistake. Best advice I can give you is PLEASE STAY AWAY from Dr. Gary Burton!

February 18th, 2015
LOVE MY LOOK
NOT EVEN 5 MINS MAYBE ONCE MOST I WAS EARLY AND I STILL WENT BACK EARLY OR ON TIME .NEVER HAD TO WAIT . EVERYONE IS SO NICE .DR BURTON IS GREAT AT WHAT HE DOES I LOVE MY NEW LOOK .

February 12th, 2015
impressive
Dr. Burton performed my abdominalplasty in 2002 in his Greenbelt office. The front staff was very friendly and informative. Dr. Burton arrived a few minutes later after my arrival. He was very courteous and professional. He explained why I wasn't a good candidate for liposuction, which is why I scheduled the consultation in the first place, and why a tummy tuck would my best option. I was happy with the results. The only thing I didn't like was he had the drainage tube fed through my pubic area. With me inadvertently pulling, rolling, etc., on the tube, I believe caused a permanent puffiness in that area. However, I've recently had a consultation with another surgeon and the staff was so impressed with my results that they asked me who performed my surgery and complimented on a job well done performed by Dr. B. The surgery center also asked who performed my surgery with another round of compliments. My procedure was performed yesterday. I decided to write about my POSITIVE experience after reading all the NEGATIVE comments. Not saying their experiences aren't true, but that wasn't mine. I also want to add that it's very important to do your research. I knew all the steps involved in performing my Lipo and/or TT that the doctor was impressed. There were no surprises. Good luck!

November 16th, 2012
Excellent Surgeon!
I had the privilege of meeting Dr. Burton several years ago. He came highly recommended by my friend. I had a tummy tuck and a breast augmentation. It was the best decision I ever made.

November 5th, 2012
My overall experience with Dr. Burton and his staff was phenomenal.