Dr. Gary Cecchi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

August 26th, 2016
Miracle worker
I was diagnosed with 5 cancers. Dr. Cecchi managed my care wonderfully. As we worked through each one, he monitored all the treatments, inspected all the reports, discussed all the options and followed through on everything. CPMC scoped me twice, and the surgeries (Colostomy, Kidney removal, squamous skin cancer, bladder scope, radiation) were done in SF, Alta Bates, Merritt, Summit Hospitals. He stayed with me through it all.

July 14th, 2016
He'll lose your records and claim he never saw you.
I saw Dr. Kim at Dr. Cecci's office some years ago. I did not know at the time that they never sent the results of a very expensive test (3k) to my GP and then promptly, lost them. Now his office claims that they never saw me at all. A total lie.

July 10th, 2016
Office closed
His Oakland office is now closed.

February 18th, 2016
Excellent professional, very good communication.

December 23rd, 2015
terrible experience
Worst doctor visit of my life

November 30th, 2015
Does not mess around. What's best for the patient.

November 3rd, 2015
Dirty place and rude people
Worthless consult-I had to wait a very long time and he barely gave me 5 minutes. Plus the building was dirty and the people were rude. I will never go back to that place!

October 10th, 2015
Dr. Gary Cecchi saved my life as I was dying from metastatic testicular cancer. The condition had gone undiagnosed by an unnamed Primary Care Physician. Dr. Cecchi fully informed me of the risk and rewards associated with his treatment plan of strong chemotherapy. Today, 3 1/2 years later, I am alive and active as Dr. Cecchi continues to monitor my progress and other health issues. I thank God that he came into my life as I was dying without guidance or treatment from any other practitioner. He is the only specialist I know that gives out his cell phone number and encourages patients to contact him on a 24/7 basis. Thank you Dr. Cecchi for saving my life. I am indebted to you forever for giving me my life back.

September 11th, 2015
Rude
This doctor is just in one word RUDE. He has no interest in his patient. No respect for past treatment and did not even want to listen about our sons health history. Without even looking at his paper work. He told our son his cancer treatment was old fashion and had to completely be retested. Then he told him he needed antibiotics and send a prescription to the pharmacy. He is not even sick! Never ever would go here again!!

July 16th, 2015
Best dr you could have
Dr Cecchi is a tough guy he has a hard job. But we have come to LOVE him. Yes he may come off strong but he truly care about the patient and their well being. Ask him about his crazy paterned shirts, joke with him about politics he will look over his glasses at you and laugh. It will help lighten the mood.

July 3rd, 2015
HORRIBLE!
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I was treated in a dismissive manner once he realized he could not make money off of me with chemotherapy. Just say NO to this man who spends only minutes with you face to face.

June 19th, 2015
I was able to see Dr Cecchi on his first day back from vacation, with his office filled with other patients. It was awhile until I got to actually see him, but I was confident that I had his undivided attention. I will be the first to admit he does not coddle patients. He is an upfront and no-nonsense guy. Don't expect him to hold your hand. He came highly recommended to me by my primary physician. Equally, and actually more important is that I think he's brilliant, and from what I have read, many of the physicians in the bay area agree. Tie that to the fact that he was a unyielding advocate for my care. He owned my problem with me. At 68 years of age I have had more experience with doctors than I really would have cared to. A physician with this much fervor for advocacy these days is uncommon, but Cecchi has it. . Would see him again, and recommend to others.