Dr. Gary Chimes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gary Chimes?

Amazing results

Posted on August 11th, 2017

I had a scheduled exploratory surgery for my shoulder coming up when my Physical Therapist recommended that I postpone my surgery until consulting with Dr. Chimes. Thank God, that I took their advice! Dr. Chimes recognized my problem and performed an in office procedure that corrected my frozen shoulder problem!

Thank you Dr. Chimes!

Posted on July 4th, 2017

Dr. Chimes is awesome! I have been struggling with lower back pain for years after my spinal fusion surgery, and not one doctor in 5 years could tell me what the problem was. Dr. Chimes listened carefully and did the proper tests to finally give me a diagnosis, which for anyone who has struggled with chronic pain will know that not knowing what is really wrong is one of the most frustrating things. He preformed all the tests himself, which I really loved. This is the best I have felt in over 5 years! Thank you Dr. Chimes and Lake Washington Sports & Spine!!

Rude and mean

Posted on June 6th, 2017

While I clinically he is a good doctor he is so mean and rude. If you don't fit in the mold to answer his questions exactly the way he wants to hear them, he completely writes you off. Seeing a doctor for extreme back pain and leaving after being completely belittled is an abuse of power and just plain mean.

Posted on January 30th, 2016

I am a runner and have been recently experiencing knee pain. I was able to get in with Dr. Chimes pretty quickly and he had a very methodical approach to diagnosing the issue by asking a series of questions, watching me run on a treadmill and by examining my knees. I have been prescribed some treatment and I left feeling very satisfied and comfortable that he really knows his stuff. I really feel that he genuinely cared to treat me so I can continue running long distances as I get older. I will definitely go back to him should any other issues arise. The office staff is also very warm and welcoming - overall great experience.

Posted on January 9th, 2016

Stellar brilliant diagnostician! Was mis-diagnosed for 1.5 years, until I thankfully finally happened on Dr. Chimes for a third opinion. Be concise and focused when responding to his questions. He might come off as brusque sometimes, but he is brilliant and has a kind heart too. Don't waste your time and money on other physiatrists if you have a back problem.

Grateful for Dr Chimes

Posted on November 21st, 2015

I saw Dr. Chimes for groin/abdomen pain. He was very patient answering all my questions, he was very sensitive when asking me questions. He carefully walked me through all my options. I walked out of the building feeling much better (physically and mentally).

Posted on November 9th, 2015

Dr. Chimes is the best!

Posted on July 30th, 2015

I recently saw Dr. Chimes for pain in my lower left back after a morning workout. The pain was severe, and the staff were very accommodating in squeezing me in within a couple hours of my call. As always, the front office staff was welcoming and relaxing when I arrived. Dr. Chimes saw me and in short order was able to diagnose my issue (Left SI sprain) and schedule treatment. I left the office feeling well taken care of, and in less pain. It’s important to note that one of my favorite aspects of visiting Dr. Chimes is the time he takes in diagnosing issues. He doesn’t spend 2 minutes with a patient and moves on. He takes his time, asking questions, assessing, explaining, and presenting a reasoned diagnosis. He is a welcome change to doctors who simply push patients through as quickly as possible. I was initially referred to him through a friend, and I can’t thank that friend enough! I heartily recommend the practice for any sports related injuries.

Posted on June 12th, 2015

Very personalized and thorough evaluation. Much more time and feedback than I have come to expect in today's busy world of medicine. Impressive.

Dr. Chimes works WITH you, not FOR you

Posted on May 22nd, 2015

Dr. Chimes is smart, accurate, and works very hard to figure out what your problem is, what your ultimate goals are, and how to effectively bridge that gap. He spends a lot of time getting to know you: your habits, your health goals, and what you as a patient plan on doing to leverage the treatment and time spent in order to collectively solve the problem. I get the sense that many patients expect easy solutions, with minimal personal responsibility. In reality, we as patients have got to commit to the time, sweat, and effort required to maximize the diagnosis and tools Dr. Chimes provides. I have found Dr. Chimes to be thoughtful, serious, and ultimately very dedicated to finding treatment methods and solutions that are part of a holistic approach to getting my body, and lifestyle, optimized to have a pain-free, healthy life.

Inflexible

Posted on November 24th, 2014

Smart and helpful, but won't listen. I will never return to this doctor. Insisted on "interview" style and came across as rude. A doctor should take some time to listen and *then* do his interview. "A week later did it feel better?" - Don't try to tell him that *after* the injury the pain was intense, because you have to answer the interview. Clearly a flawed system. A doctor needs to get specific answers to help the patient. True. The interview has its place - it is important and will help. But to not listen??? The patient is in great pain. Understand that! Either before, during or after the "interview", listen to the patient.

Best Sports Therapy Doctor Around

Posted on July 21st, 2014

Dr. Chimes is the man! Came in with lots of pain in my ankle after beginning training for a marathon and Dr. Chimes diagnosed me with shin splints and a stress fracture in my right ankle. We had x-rays taken and he recommended a nutritionist and physical therapist to get me on track to finish my marathon in 2 months time. After using the nutritionist and physical therapy i was able to complete the full 26.2 mile marathon with no pain in my ankles. Without Dr. Chimes I never would have been able to attempt running the marathon. He even gave me advice on how to stay fit and healthy for my particular body type and we created another plan for me post-race. A truly amazing doctor and truly an amazing facility. I would most definitely go back if needed.