Overall Review

January 30th, 2016
I am a runner and have been recently experiencing knee pain. I was able to get in with Dr. Chimes pretty quickly and he had a very methodical approach to diagnosing the issue by asking a series of questions, watching me run on a treadmill and by examining my knees. I have been prescribed some treatment and I left feeling very satisfied and comfortable that he really knows his stuff. I really feel that he genuinely cared to treat me so I can continue running long distances as I get older. I will definitely go back to him should any other issues arise. The office staff is also very warm and welcoming - overall great experience.

January 8th, 2016
Stellar brilliant diagnostician! Was mis-diagnosed for 1.5 years, until I thankfully finally happened on Dr. Chimes for a third opinion. Be concise and focused when responding to his questions. He might come off as brusque sometimes, but he is brilliant and has a kind heart too. Don't waste your time and money on other physiatrists if you have a back problem.

November 21st, 2015
Grateful for Dr Chimes
I saw Dr. Chimes for groin/abdomen pain. He was very patient answering all my questions, he was very sensitive when asking me questions. He carefully walked me through all my options. I walked out of the building feeling much better (physically and mentally).

November 9th, 2015
Dr. Chimes is the best!

July 30th, 2015
I recently saw Dr. Chimes for pain in my lower left back after a morning workout. The pain was severe, and the staff were very accommodating in squeezing me in within a couple hours of my call. As always, the front office staff was welcoming and relaxing when I arrived. Dr. Chimes saw me and in short order was able to diagnose my issue (Left SI sprain) and schedule treatment. I left the office feeling well taken care of, and in less pain. It’s important to note that one of my favorite aspects of visiting Dr. Chimes is the time he takes in diagnosing issues. He doesn’t spend 2 minutes with a patient and moves on. He takes his time, asking questions, assessing, explaining, and presenting a reasoned diagnosis. He is a welcome change to doctors who simply push patients through as quickly as possible. I was initially referred to him through a friend, and I can’t thank that friend enough! I heartily recommend the practice for any sports related injuries.

June 12th, 2015
Very personalized and thorough evaluation. Much more time and feedback than I have come to expect in today's busy world of medicine. Impressive.

May 22nd, 2015
Dr. Chimes works WITH you, not FOR you
Dr. Chimes is smart, accurate, and works very hard to figure out what your problem is, what your ultimate goals are, and how to effectively bridge that gap. He spends a lot of time getting to know you: your habits, your health goals, and what you as a patient plan on doing to leverage the treatment and time spent in order to collectively solve the problem. I get the sense that many patients expect easy solutions, with minimal personal responsibility. In reality, we as patients have got to commit to the time, sweat, and effort required to maximize the diagnosis and tools Dr. Chimes provides. I have found Dr. Chimes to be thoughtful, serious, and ultimately very dedicated to finding treatment methods and solutions that are part of a holistic approach to getting my body, and lifestyle, optimized to have a pain-free, healthy life.

November 24th, 2014
Inflexible
Smart and helpful, but won't listen. I will never return to this doctor. Insisted on "interview" style and came across as rude. A doctor should take some time to listen and *then* do his interview. "A week later did it feel better?" - Don't try to tell him that *after* the injury the pain was intense, because you have to answer the interview. Clearly a flawed system. A doctor needs to get specific answers to help the patient. True. The interview has its place - it is important and will help. But to not listen??? The patient is in great pain. Understand that! Either before, during or after the "interview", listen to the patient.

July 21st, 2014
Best Sports Therapy Doctor Around
Dr. Chimes is the man! Came in with lots of pain in my ankle after beginning training for a marathon and Dr. Chimes diagnosed me with shin splints and a stress fracture in my right ankle. We had x-rays taken and he recommended a nutritionist and physical therapist to get me on track to finish my marathon in 2 months time. After using the nutritionist and physical therapy i was able to complete the full 26.2 mile marathon with no pain in my ankles. Without Dr. Chimes I never would have been able to attempt running the marathon. He even gave me advice on how to stay fit and healthy for my particular body type and we created another plan for me post-race. A truly amazing doctor and truly an amazing facility. I would most definitely go back if needed.

May 5th, 2014
Very Dissapointed!!!
Very arrogant!!!

February 9th, 2014
Ms.
Lake Washington Sport and Spine offered excellent service and a friendly environment. In particular, Dr. Chimes thoroughly researched my injury and effectively communicated the options for treatment. Prior to the operation he talked me through the process and addressed all of my concerns. The operation itself went smoothly and my injury has healed without any issues. I greatly appreciate Dr. Chimes' clear communication before and during the operation and would recommend Lake Washington Sport and Spine to any of my friends.

January 20th, 2014
Lake Washington Sports and Spine
My experience at Lake Washington Sports and Spine has been great. It starts with the front office, they are very welcoming and most helpful. Next is Dr. Chimes's Medical Assistant, he is very courteous and professional. Last but not least is Dr. Chimes, who is very easy to talk with, covers everything and gives me hope that my problem will be managed. Dr. Chimes is the first doctor I have ever had that thanks me for being his patient. WOW!!