Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Great Doctor..."some" staff (as of over a yr ago...?) show details Great Doctor..."some" staff (as of over a yr ago...?)
May 25th, 2016

Dr. D. originally started with Sotto Pelle and then switched to BioTe. Why, I am not sure. But, I actually think I did better on the Sotto Pelle. I personally like him, but because of his busy office, the wait time is long. I began to rarely see him after a while and was seen by a P.A., who was great. But another girl in the office seemed to dictate the dosage, which ended up being way too much last time, and it gave me acne breakout again worse than ever. I seem to have that reaction to Testosterone. I need to request to see HIM to address my concerns and request lower dosage of that. I still definately need HRT. Overall, Dr. Donovitz is a great doctor.

Mr. Happy show details Mr. Happy
Apr 1st, 2016

OMG . . . this has changed my life. I had no idea that men had andropause like women have menopause. I am 50 but feel like I an 20-years younger!

BioTE saved my marriage show details BioTE saved my marriage
Aug 14th, 2013

The staff at Dr. Donovitz was very courteous. They have certainly improved over the years. The hormone pellet therapy changed my life. I had more energy, was able to love weight, and felt amazing. My lidido was back and my husband could really tell the difference.

Feb 4th, 2013

I am coming here for the skinny shot! This is my second one and the first time I was int the waiting room for almost an hour! Today my appt was at 11:00.....it is now 11:45 and I am still in the waitin room! I asked and there is STILL one person ahead of me! This is the worst Dr as far as wait time I've been to!

hormone pellets show details hormone pellets
Oct 1st, 2012

The one problem that I have with this doctors office is that once you get your hormones and there is a problem they DO NOT return phone calls. I plan on finding someone else to do this in the future. VERY POOR SERVICE.

Love this Dr. show details Love this Dr.
Jun 9th, 2012

He has delivered 3 out of 5 of my babies, and now does my yearly checkups. He is the only Dr. I trust, & he has always had great bedside mannor with me. He is the best!

Great Doc show details Great Doc
May 19th, 2011

Got my life back after his Sottopelle hormone pellets. He was very helpful

Pellet Therapy show details Pellet Therapy
by HindsitePrincess on Nov 10th, 2010

I learned about Dr. Donovitz and bio-identical pellet therapy through a seminar. I was fascinated to learn about an effective therapy that did not involve horse urine pills to treat my post hysterectomy hot flashes. At the second visit; Dr. Donovitz listened patiently as I spoke and we determined that I needed an adjustment, which is no different than other therapies. For me, the cost is comparable to purchasing a name brand medication, which would require a $50.00 out of pocket per month. The process is quick and easy to fit into my schedule because Dr. Donovitz offers two locations. My memory is sharper, my sex drive is back and I seem to have more energy! Best of all, there is no drop in levels due to forgetting to take a pill. I couldn't be happier!

FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR show details FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR
Nov 9th, 2010

I am a post-menopausal woman, early 60's. I was originally referred to Dr. Donovitz by the pellet specialist in Arizona. I had pellets inserted twice and experienced side effects. When another doctor tested my hormone levels, I was way out of balance in estrogen & testosterone. I also saw Dr. D. for pain in the pelvic area and he did a surgical rectocele repair using a synthetic mesh. 8 months later I was in severe pain and my new (& much better) gynocologist said the mesh was all twisted, folded over on itself, and out of place. I then had to have a second surgery to take out the mesh and redo the repair. I agree with other reviewers that Dr. Donovitz doesn't spend any time with you, brushes off questions & wants to talk about himself. Every time I called his Arlington office, the people answering the phone were rude and unpleasant. The exception was his nurse who was kind and helpful, but I usually had to wait several days for her to call me back. I would never, EVER, recommend Dr. Donovitz for anything.

Female, age 56 show details Female, age 56
Jun 16th, 2010

I went to Dr. Ds seminar on pellet therapy. Was sold on the benefits and had pellets inserted. Dr. D must just care about the money as he charged me $325 for a 2 minute Q&A session before inserting the pellets and another $300 for the 5 minute procedure. There was zero follow up and it's been a year now. I asked him if hormones would cause me to start having a monthly period again and he said "no." Well, if hed follow up with me hed know that his facts are inaccurate. The hormones do cause menstruation to begin again in some people. Does the good outweigh the bad? For me, I dont think so. Now I have menopause symptoms plus bleeding at the same time. Crazy.

May 19th, 2010

Dr. Donovitz is great. He makes an uncomfortable "yearly" visit quick & painless. If I have "issues' he talks to me about them when I have my clothes on not my feet in the stirups!Nothing is worse than a dr. talking to you while you are laying there assuming the position.

Money Driven Dr. show details Money Driven Dr.
Apr 27th, 2010

Dr.Donovitz is pushing this Pellet hormone therapy which is very expensive. The blood test which give a accurate reading of hormone levels is taken 4 wks after the pelett is inserted. I went for my usual physical at my M.D. about 3 months after the pellet was inserted. Had my hormone level tested only to find out Dr. Donovitz inserted me with two times the normal level. Why was this not dicovered at me 4wk blood test result? Does he even read the results or does he just want to keep inserting hormones for the money factor ONLY and not the well being of the patient?

Worst OB Ever show details Worst OB Ever
Aug 19th, 2009

Bedside manner was poor. He was not interested in my problems or even with me as a patient. He was more concerned about himself and he talked about himself nonstop. Ultra sound was less then ten minutes. He left when in labor with out notice.