A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Ackerman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Ackerman is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Ackerman, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Hot Flashes
Education & Awards
Dr. Ackerman graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Ackerman has 10 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ackerman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Humana - 11 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gary E. Ackerman practice?
Dr. Gary Ackerman practices Obstetrics & Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Vascular & Interventional Radiology near Dallas, TX.
See Dallas Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Dallas Endocrinologists, and Dallas Radiologists.