Dr. Gary Erwin Jr MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

February 22nd, 2013
Dr. Erwin was my husband's doctor. From day one, he was very attentive and cared for my husband's condition. He is very knowledgable and right on the dot of the diagnosis.

May 16th, 2011
Dr. Erwin was to follow up with patient, patient is very ill and concerned enough so to put in several calls reguarding illness. Dr. Erwin never followed up. He was however polite, well spoken, and took some time with me when he did see me!

January 16th, 2011
I first became a patient of Dr. Erwin's when I was admitted with a Pulmonary Embolism in Jan. of 2009. Dr. Erwin and the staff at Baylor Regional Hospital in Plano saved my life. I am still under his care after two years.He and his staff have my highest rating.

August 22nd, 2010
Not what you need when you are sick...
I am VERY sick w/multiple illnesses, one of which is incurable. I have been healthy all of my adult life. This dr and staff were not compassionate of me as I tried to cope with the devastating changes my whole life was undergoing as I tried to cope with being so sick, all of the meds and the horrible side-effects they caused, all of the many drs and drs appts I was having to deal with. It ia ALWAYS hard to get an appt that is soon, then he rarely had my chart, so I would have to provide dates and details, detailed test result info., about my condition each visit. Being THE ONE WHO IS SICK, and having issues w/my memory, this was HARD, and it seemed he would have no idea from visit to visit of what to do w/me.He never gave me any advice on how to manage my health, told me to find it on the internet.When I would ask him about things I had found to do to help me, he would seem offended, and would never be able to offer any helpful info. Once I had to spend ALL my valuable appt. time defending some inaccurate info. his nurse has given him which had little to do with my health. This was time better used to discuss a plan to help me, I felt. I am in the process of moving on to another dr.There is so much more-just do not even waste your time, plus his interests seem to lie elsewhere;if you cancell an appt. you must wait weeks b-4 he will be available to see you, and once you do, you will be chastised for breaking your appt., no matter WHAT the reason is.Steer clear of this doctor!

February 28th, 2015