Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.5

|  Dr. Falk and the Cleveland Clinic July 18, 2013  |  show details
by Cleveland Guy on Jul 18th, 2013

I saw Dr. Falk at the Cleveland Clinic, He never solved any of my problems and the Cleveland Clinic backed him up and they are just as bad. The Cleveland Clinic does not heal people at least not me, nor do they care it is all about money, running the incorrect test would not run the test that were needed. When I told Dr. Falk in the 90s that Propulisid was causing me bleeding, he sent me an a mean letter telling me, if I cannot follow his orders than he can no longer be my Doctor. All Dr. Fallk did was prescribe medication for me, and never solved any of my problems. Oh and by the way Propulisid was pulled off the Market. As of December 31, 1999, use of cisapride has been associated with 341 reports of heart rhythm abnormalities including 80 reports of deaths. Most of these adverse events occurred in patients who were taking other medications or suffering from underlying conditions known to increase risk of cardiac arrhythmia associated with cisapride. The Cleveland Clinic put this guy on a Pedestal like they do with all their Doctors and provide no cures for me at least and they could care less. Beware of seeing Dr. Falk, he just might dope you up on Medicine like he did with me that did nothing and than send a letter out that was so rude the Cleveland Clinic allowed him to do this. They could care less about the patients health it is all about Revenue and money for the drug companies and the Cleveland Clinic. I do not recommend Dr. Falk based on my own personal experience and maybe that is why he left the Clinic. I believe he was formerly a Dentist, check out his profile and confirm it yourself.

|  Hates Fat People  |  show details
by Philly Girl on Apr 7th, 2013

Dr. Falk is now at Penn in Philadelphia. I went to see him because he took over from my previous doctor, who left to go to Mayo. He spent 40 minutes telling me I was a time bomb waiting to explode because of my weight. He paid no attention to the fact that I'd lost 100 pounds, that all my signs were stable, that I had a stress test that was fine. He told me all about how his mother in law was upset that he didn't spend enough time at home with his wife and children, but it was important to him to swim every day. I could have gone in with a unicorn horn on my head and he would have said "you know what, you need to lose weight." He barely examined me at all or acknowledged my one question. I'm sorry he hates fat people but then he shouldn't be a doctor in one of the heaviest cities in the country. Making people feel bad about themselves and ashamed is a guarantee that they won't GO to the doctor. Unless it's an emergency, find someone else.