Dr. Gary Fender MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 16th, 2014
Avoid this practice at all costs - I say COSTS literally
This physician and the entire practice with the exception of a couple top notch Physician Assistants are horrible. The practice is known for overbilling. Example - After being seen in an ER the doctor wanted to get the records from the ER visit, I said sure. They office then asked me to sign a request form (which I did); however rather than GIMG proceeding to ask for my records from the ER visit they produced a copy of my entire medical record and sent it to the ER where I had been seen. Then proceeded to charge me $50 for producing the medical record. They refused to credit my account, to make good on THEIR error. In the end I gave up an paid the money when sent to collection over the $50. Recently I received a letter informing me that he was terminating the doctor/patient relationship effective 30 days after receipt of the certified letter (coincidentally I was going through another overbilling matter at that time with them). Good Riddins I was not going back anyway. I suggest others avoid the practice too. I would rate him less than 1 star but this system makes me give him at least one star.

May 16th, 2011
Mrs. M. Larsen
After reading some of the reviews, I am beginning to think I am not on the same planet as some of Dr. Fender's patients. Not one of the personality, character, or competency complaints I have seen is, in my opinion, true. To the contrary, Dr. Fender is one of the finest physicians I have ever dealt with--one who will do whatever it takes to ensure a patient's comfort, well being, and safety. As the physician "on call" Dr. Fender called ME to check on MY condition---not once, but more than ten times in a 30 hour period. He is kind, compassionate, and sincere. I am outraged at some of the obnoxious comments set down on this site, and I think those individuals have some other axe to grind and would never likely be satisfied with Hypocrites, himself. Shame on all of you.

May 26th, 2010
Knows medicine, not people
I was a patient of Gary Fender for 15 years. I dreaded going to see him because of his condescending, brusk attitude. I should have changed Dr's. but I just never pulled the trigger because I did have confidence in his medical judgement but he ignored my input or comments in a very smug fashion. He seemed to not want to be there and strictly limited discussion and time spent with me to what was covered by the insurance. I don't recommend him to anyone.

November 30th, 2009
Good Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Fender's since 1996. During physicals, he is quite thorough and explains himself very well. At times, he seems to have an air of superiority...but I ignore that because I think he's a competent and thorough physician. He speaks in layman's terms and never seemed to have a problem answering questions in a professional manner.The one problem I have is that the office is quite busy and Dr. Fender is not always available. My next physical was scheduled two months in advance...which is significantly longer than one would wait for a physical in Canada, a country with socialized medicine.