Geriatric Psychiatrist

NOT TO BE TRUSTED show details NOT TO BE TRUSTED
Jun 12th, 2016

Arrogant, flirtatious and intimidating. Quick to give a diagnosis and uses ECT like a bandaid. Impatient and rude at times.

Jan 1st, 2016

I usually dont comment on these blogs but after reading some of these reviews I felt compelled to comment after spending a beautiful holiday with my father. Dr. Figiel truly saved my father's life. He diagnosed him with alzheimer's disease 15yrs ago and my father continues to do well and live independently to this day. He checks in with me regularly and is one of the most generous physicians I've ever met. He is much more than a psychiatrist. He diagnosed my dad's early heart disease from which he would have otherwise died. I can't say enough about Dr. Figiel and all of the kind people that work for him.

Would Not Want You To Go Through What I Went Through show details Would Not Want You To Go Through What I Went Through
Oct 26th, 2015

Spent about a year with him for my mother. He came highly recommended but I think his time as a great Doctor has passed. As others have said he's likable initially however he's inconsistent with his diagnosis. He said my mom had the onset of Alzheimer's then 7 months later said she wasn't showing strong signs of the disease. He doesn't write anything down except prescriptions so it's no wonder there were often times our sessions seemed to repeat and not progress. He sent us to a neurologist who mis- diagnosed her and after 6 months of back and forth appointments told us she had dementia and there was nothing he could do. We already knew that. It was a complete waste of time. Paid the $1400 for concierge service meaning we had access to him 24/7. I called him one evening about 6:30 and to make a long story short he was rude and hung up on me. I called back because I thought it was a mistake and he asked what I wanted him to do? What?? Next day talked to his wife who works in the office. Told her what happened, she apologized and said he was getting a lot of calls that evening.....and? For $1400 I don't care. I expect my call to be handled appropriately and to be helped. Lastly, months later had an appointment rescheduled 3 times only to have it canceled the morning of. I was told the doctor had a medical issue. Never got a follow up call, anyone to reschedule or check on my mom to see how she was doing. Dealing with an elderly person with dementia is hard enough. Don't add to your problems with Dr Fiegiel.

by Alice on Nov 13th, 2014

We came to Dr. Fiegel with our mother. We paid him extra money to be there when we needed him. I think my brother paid $1400 for the extra services. He told us because we paid the extra money that he and his office would take care of everything, paperwork, meds, hospital admits or care facilites if we needed it. WELL! That was not true. About a month after we went to him my mom took a turn for the worse. When we contacted him, he treated us like we did not know what we were talking about. To make a long story short my mom was admitted to the hospital by another Dr. Dr. Fiegel never called to check on her or even called the hospital or a family member. We ended up putting mom in an Assisted Living center. He did not help us find it and has not been there to check on her or even called to check on her. We have called his office to get paperwork done and some answers to questions we had. We got no where. We might as well have put the extra money we paid him down the drain. He was a total waste and did nothing for our mom.

Do not see Dr. Figiel show details Do not see Dr. Figiel
Oct 15th, 2012

Sarcastic and a smart-alecManipulative and uncaringOffice re-bills for things already paidVerbally ABUSIVE

ECT show details ECT
Jul 17th, 2012

Dr Figiel administered shock treatment which probably saved my life. I was spending more time in the hospital for depression than at home. The ECT's kept me out of the hospital.However, Dr Figiel administered almost 200 ECT's which have caused me to lose most of my long-term memory and have difficulty with short-term memory, as well. Affected my cognitive skills in a negative manner.I feel ECT is a good treatment for people who have not been successful with medication. I think Dr Figiel saw ECT's as a fix-all and used them unnecessarily at times - received too many.

AVOID HIM show details AVOID HIM
Apr 28th, 2012

I would not recommend him to anyone. I cannot see how anyone thinks that he is caring and compassionate. He certainly is arrogant, detached, and unresponsive to my concerns, to the point that I reported him to governing body.

A truly caring doctor show details A truly caring doctor
Jan 29th, 2012

Easy to talk to, very understanding,expert advice on meds---all-in-all, a totally A experience.

Nov 24th, 2011

Dr. Figiel is supremely confident, and at times arrogant and abrasive. On the surface, he is rather likeable. However, he is given to fits of temper behind the scenes with both patients and patients' family members.I have known him to be verbally abusive when he loses his patience.He has a disconcerting habit of being rather flirtacious with the younger, more attractive women patients. However, he is too "street-smart" to cross the proverbial line...I cannot recommend him.

I cannot recommend Dr. Figiel show details I cannot recommend Dr. Figiel
by Amber on Dec 19th, 2009

I have witness overt verbal abuse by Dr. Figiel to patients and to the families of patients. He has bullying tencencies which he will not hesitate to project on those patients who appear vulnerable to him. Dr. Figiel also has a tendency to flirt and to make inappropriate comments to younger and more attractive female patients. His wife, Linda, is a nurse there, and both she and the other nurses appear unhappy and intimidated by his Jekyll and Hyde behavior. Dr. Figiel is a smooth salesman who is able to convince patients of treatments (such as ECT and inappropriate medications). His office billed me numerous times for treatments which had already been paid for by my insurance company!

by BETTY J HODGES on Nov 15th, 2009

Dr. Figiel is the best. He is intelligent, caring and witty. I have come to respect him as a professional and to care for him as a friend.

daughter of elderly parent with memory problems show details daughter of elderly parent with memory problems
by Susan on Jan 7th, 2009

I have been to many doctors in my life, and I must say that Dr. Figiel was just the nicest and most compassionate doctor that I have seen. He came to the waiting room to get my father and I, and from the very beginning I was put at such ease by Dr. Figiel. He spent an hour with us. He spoke to me alone, and then with my father, and then both of us again, just like the office had said that he would. He was so easy to speak to and I really felt like he could have been a family member. I also spoke to another lady in the waiting room, and she gave the doctor the same review as I did. I told my husband that he validated me so much with our problems that I would love to just go back and talk to him. If you have a parent who has a memory problem or depression, Dr. Figiel is the one to see.