Overall Review

3.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

April 24th, 2011
By the Grace of God and not Dr. Fischbach, I lived to write this.
After using Dr. Fischbach for 10 years, I could no longer put up with the rudeness of some of his office staff. My last visit was a show of the most inappropriate behavior of the young female workers gathering in the hallway, laughing loudly just outside Dr. Fishbach's office and including his input into their fun. Meanwhile I am waiting, and I heard the girl who was supposed to be taking my vitals say "Oh, he's already in there??(after I had been in the room 30 minutes after waiting two hours in the waiting room) Then, I hear her mumbling outloud about why she was justified in her unawareness of my being in there. I could not see the doctor until the blood work had been done. She was not in the least genuinely apologetic. She said they had an emergency. I asked if that was why all the laughter among the workers. She said that one of them was in the bathroom throwing up. Not a good reason for all of them to be in the hallway laughing and leaving patients to wait. This was my LAST visit as Dr. Fischbach then proceeded to move his practice from one location to another making me have to find out from the current occupant of the last visit where he was. So,finally finding his office, I had an appt. at 12:00. When I went in, it was shabby compared to where he had been, and again another new person at the desk. They informed me the doctor was not there. I was used to that since he and his staff will eat lunch sometimes together while the patients wait. How do I know? The smell of food and a wait of over an hour AFTER I was in the room caused me to ask. Yes, the doctor had gone out to get them food and they were all eating. Let me say that I arrived around 11 AM and by now it was after 1 PM, and I was very hungry. Did I get offered anything? Of course not, and yet I was to sit there another 30 plus minutes smelling the food before the doctor same in for 5 minutes. Back to the visit to the office I had to find. As I said, the appt was at 12 noon. No doctor. I was then told he would not be in. Then the newest person working there told me she had told me he might not be there. That was a complete untruth! This turned out to be a true blessing for me, as I left and said I would never go back. Only one person in his office was ever really nice and she had moved with her husband out of Aiken. I had to find another doctor. As it turns out, I found a doctor, a specialist who saw me and referred me to a surgeon. The surgeon did blood work along with talking with me and a usual type checkup. That was mid day and we went about our errands. Arriving home just after 7 PM, the phone was ringing, and it was the surgeon. He had found in my blood work that my blood count was 5, something that is normally 12-15. I had been extremely tired for a long time, having told Dr. Fischbach this on a number of visits. They supposedly checked my blood every time I was there. He requires every 3 months visits. When I would tell him how tired I had been, it never went any further. ONLY by the GRACE of GOD and the lack of professionalism by Dr. Fischbach's office staff, their poor attitudes, and having to chase down Dr. Fischbach's newest location only to find he was not going to be there, I am still among the living. Had I seen Dr. Fischback like I always had, my blood work being done each time (or not) I was at the point of my body not manufacturing enough blood to keep my organs going. The surgeon I visited that day who stayed in his office calling me about the blood results admitted me immediately that evening to the hospital starting transfusions of 3 pints of blood immediately. I had just been in Dr. Fischbach's office a few months before, and the drop in my blood should have been noticed, but it wasn't. I always thought Dr. Fischbach was taking good care of me, but I was wrong. Then I thought back to another time when after going 3 years without my cholesterol medication, he asked me if I was still taking it. He writes the prescriptions. He told me 3 years earlier my cholesterol was fine after taking medication. He did not tell me I had to continue taking it always, and he did not write more prescriptions for it. I expect my doctor to keep up with what he gives me for what and to keep up with the medications he has me on. So, during those three years, did they really check my blood for cholesterol or did the medication work for three years and then stop working causing him to ask me if I was taking it? Well, doctor, if you aren't prescribing it and you are my only doctor and that is in my charts, what do you think???So, thank you Dr. Fischbach for having employees who seem to be going in and out revolving doors, who never knew this patient (after 10 years)because they were there for such a short time, for moving your office around so much that you could not be found, not being in your office to take your appointments when we finally did find your office, and for the total rudeness of those people who are those who represent you, the first a patient sees. I actually hated going to his office because truly at times I had to wait as long as four hours. Once maybe it was only an hour..in ten years. I could not leave because I had to go every three months for him to rewrite my prescriptions. I find it interesting I see other comments on Dr. Fischbach about him being such a good eye doctor? EYE doctor? All I can say is one stop shopping doctor. I saw and heard through the thin walls the people using him for a weight loss doctor, and the reason I went, a general practitioner.I am just so grateful to him for moving around, seemingly being not someone I could count on, and since the women in his office were not treating patients as they should, that was my opening to seek someone out who would turn out to be my new doctor who saved my life, not Dr. Fischbach who did not see that my blood count was dangerously low. By the Grace of God, Dr. Fischbach was not in the third new office that day or I would not be writing this.