A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Friedlaender:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Friedlaender is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Friedlaender, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Bone Cancer
- Bone Diseases
- Bone Transplantation
- Femoral Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fusion
- Ununited Fractures
Education & Awards
Dr. Friedlaender graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Friedlaender has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Hospital Of St Raphael
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Friedlaender accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 18 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Americhoice - 2 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gary E. Friedlaender practice?
Dr. Gary Friedlaender practices Orthopaedic Surgery near New Haven, CT.
Additional practice locations include: West Haven, CT and Middlebury, CT.
See New Haven Orthopedic Surgeons.