A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Friedlaender:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Friedlaender is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Friedlaender, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Bone Cancer
- Bone Diseases
- Bone Transplantation
- Femoral Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fusion
- Ununited Fractures
Education & Awards
Dr. Friedlaender graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Friedlaender has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Hospital Of St Raphael
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Friedlaender accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Americhoice - 2 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gary E. Friedlaender practice?
Dr. Gary Friedlaender practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and Medical Oncology near New Haven, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Milford, CT and West Haven, CT.
See New Haven Orthopedic Surgeons, New Haven Surgeons, and New Haven Oncologists.