Dr. Gary Gadwood MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Pinole, CA

July 23rd, 2013
I have been Dr.G for many years. I am more than happy with his work. He is a great DR. But his staff is the worst. Dr. G should really take a look at the girls in the front, they are rude, and act like they don't care. Even if they do not care they should act like it, this is the job that they choose to go in to. They deal with people, and if you don't want to be bothered find a new job. The only reason I am giving ease of app, a high mark is because they are quick to take your money but not to help you when you need it.

June 21st, 2011
Long-time patient done in!
I'm really tired of the people Dr. Gadwood hires for his front office (currently his daughter). They are often rude, impatient, talk on a personal conversation loudly, and make you wait a long time. Dr. Gadwood himself is why I've stayed, but now I'm just done. She won't even pass any message on to the doctor himself. She is queen of all and no one else's opinion or needs matter anything to her. I've never ever had another doctor tell me that they can't help me or see me or even talk to me because I owe them a very small amount of money. It's time to move on and I'm sad.

January 25th, 2010
Getting an appointment quickly was not a problem, and Dr. Gadwood himself seems to be a very good physician. However, his receptionist needs to SLOW DOWN when she talks on the phone, and LISTEN to what callers have to say. When I made my appointment, she was very rushed and it was difficult to understand what she said (I had to ask her to repeat herself more than once). I had to return a call to Dr. Gadwood to let him know what pharmacy is covered by my insurance, as he had to order an immunization shot for me. The receptionist was so rushed that after I explained my message, she almost hung up before I asked her if she wanted to take my number (which she did of course). Then, when I tried to clarify my message by commenting, "I look forward to a call back to let me know when I can stop by to get my shot," she hung up on me before I was able to get the first few words out of my mouth. She was very courteous when I visited the office, but her telephone etiquette leaves MUCH to be desired.