Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  teacher  |  show details
by Lisa on Apr 23rd, 2014

I am FOREVER grateful for meeting Dr. Gilyard. He is an AMAZING surgeon and person who honestly cares about his patients. Through all the twists and turns that life has given me with my knees and shoulder, there is NO ONE I would trust more then Dr. G!!! Dr. G ~ THANK YOU!!!! GOD BLESS

|  great surgeon  |  show details
by charles h on Sep 16th, 2013

I was in a car accident that caused me severe pain in both shoulders and I was referred by a friend whom also had shoulder surgery and his surgery too was a great success. I will be having another procedure done on my left shoulder as well as left achille tendon rupture....I am certain that Dr. Gilyard would do another phenominal job on my other shoulder and ankle. Thanks Dr. Gilyard for an accurate diagnosed and great surgery procedure.

|  Knee Correction  |  show details
by Tj Francisco on Apr 14th, 2013

Dr Gilyard is a brilliant Dr. What these people with unfavorable reviews fail to know is that once you get a surgery the area is NEVER perfect from the time off injury on. You are ALWAYS better off when you have the original pieces in your body or prior to being cut. There is never a perfect surgeon or surgery. I have unfortunately have been destructive with my body and need Dr Gilyard to perform four knee surgeries between both knees. I would trust no one else with my well being than Dr Gilyard.

|  HORRIBLE EXPIERENCE  |  show details
by KIM on Apr 14th, 2013

I TRUSTED THIS DR AND WENT ALONG WITH TWO SURGERIES. I HAD VIRTUALLY NO PAIN IN MY SHOULDER BEFORE SURGERY. AFTER THE SURGERY I HAD TREMENDOUS PAIN. ITS BEEN 2 YEARS AND I CONSTANTLY HAVE SEVERE PAIN.HE COMPLETELY WORSENED MY CONDITION. HE IS THE WORST DR I EVER SAW PLEASE, PLEASE DONT TRUST HIM HE IS A BIG LIAR AND BUTCHER. WHAT EVER YOU DO GET A SECOND OPINION.

|  show details
Nov 11th, 2012

Dr. Gilyard is a good doctor that has really taken care of me in the past with other injuries but was a bit off on my diagnosis this time around. I was scheduled for knee surgery but after seeing a few more doctors that had differing opinions I decided not to do surgery. I am now walking without any problems.With any injury/doctor it is really improtant to get a few more opinions. Trust me, i've learned the hard way in the past and got screwed over with a filling on a tooth that didn't have any problems that led to having to get pulled. This is your body and you will have to live in the rest of your life. Don't ever go on one person's word no matter who they are. The cost of another doctor's visit is nothing compared to how you will have to live out the rest of your life based on a misdiagnosis. good luck out there :)

|  patient  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2011

After receiving the MRI Dr. Gilyard made his assessment and I trusted him and went along with TWO surgeries. None of which corrected the problem and left me with constant aggravated pain in my knee. Before the surgery I had virtually no pain just a slight click when I went down stairs. After the surgery and three years later I can't live without constant pain. Finally went to another physician and he read the MRI along with his team while I was present in the room and none could find any reason why I had surgery. They would not have proceeded with any invasive surgery with that evidence or lack thereof. WHAT EVER YOU DO GET A SECOND OPINION.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2011

Dr Gilyard, Marsha and Staff are GREAT!!Dr Gilyard is a wonderful doctor, very caring!!! He taking good care of my daughter.

|  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

Dr Gilyard is a great Dr. He is very professional and caring. Thank you Dr Gilyard.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2010

I had my acl and pcl repaired. The total experience was peaceful from presurgery consultation through postsurgery therapy. He is very to talk to, explains everything in great detail and has excellent bedside manner.

|  The best  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2010

Dr Gilyard called me from home at 3am to insure all was well.Best ever!

|  MR THOMAS  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2009

Dr. Gilyard performed arthoscopic surgury on my left knee, removing the torn, shredded meniscus cartilage. He did extra work to enable me to return to almost full function (I won't run any marathons, but I walk pain-free and can even sprint if needed.). I highly recommend him for anyone who wants to get the care that returns full function to their joints.

|  Spectacular  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 8th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Several years ago I had major shoulder pain and not one could figure out the reason. I was eventually referred to Gary Gilyard, MD. He did s...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com