Dr. Gary Glass MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 9 reviews

June 28th, 2015
Beware
Dr Glass is a horrible man!!! I wish I could be more specific but I cant. He takes terrible advantage of his female patients in the worst possible way! It makes me sick to see that he is still in practice. Please do nothing to him under any circumstances.

March 20th, 2015
I agree about Dr.Glass' poor service. I have gone in multiple times to address anxiety and he ignored my concern and simply tried to up my dose on my mood stabilizer. I did not feel I was being heard. I have been charged an outrageous amount for prescriptions (each being $5 even at appointment) and any note ($20) for school. He takes anything he can get money wise and I feel he does not sincerely care during sessions. Also, there is also absolutely no way to communicate with him and it is all via office staff and this makes me uncomfortable due to confidentiality.

February 28th, 2015

July 12th, 2013
Only fair experience in three years of consistent therapy
I would definitely not choose this doctor again.

February 26th, 2013
Thank you Dr. Glass
I was shocked to see the negative reviews here, since my experience with Dr. Glass has been life saving. (And I am not exaggerating). Before I began seeing Dr. Glass, I was in a severe depression, was having severe mood swings, and was having suicidal thoughts. He correctly diagnosed my condition as bipolar II (which two previous psychiatrists had missed), took me off one med that was aggravating my mood swings, and put me on another. I feel like myself again after 20 years of being in a very tenuous mental state. Medications for any mood/mental health disorder are tricky at best because so little is known about how the brain processes them (and they work differently for everyone). This means that the first, second, or even third medication might not work well or might cause side effects. When that happened with me, I called Dr. Glass's office and scheduled another appointment rather than waiting until my next scheduled one, and we tried something different. Not only did we find the right medications, I was able to cut back or eliminate some of the meds I was needing for anxiety and sleep.

August 21st, 2012
No help at all
Went in for depression and anxiety disorder. My regular doctor had prescribed medication for the depression until I could get a appointment since there was a waiting list, so by the time I met with Dr.Glass, the depression was much better, but the anxiety was still out of control. Dr.Glass kept me on the anti-depressant I was on, and prescribed a mood stabalizer, which I hoped would help with the anxiety attacks, but I had a reaction to the medication and had to stop taking it just a few days after it was prescribed. He did not call in anything to replace it so I had to wait another month for my appointment and any hope for help not to mention the cost of the money and the meds was wasted. At my next appointment, he prescribed a different mood stabalizer, that I also believed was suppose to help with the anxiety disorder. When I met with him a month later I told him the medication seemed to be working well, but my panic attacks were increasing and not getting better so its not doing much for them. That is when he told me that it is not suppose to help with that. I was in shock. I suddenly realized that for 2 appointments, he had completely ignored the issues I was having with panic disorder. None of the medications he prescribed were intended to help at all. As I sat there I wondered if he planned to address the issue during this appointment. Apparently not, he suggested I increase the dosage of the mood stabalizer that he just told me was not intended to help with panic disorder. He asked me how many attacks I have per day, and that was it, he said nothing else about it and offered no suggestions for help. If he mistook me for some drug user looking for pills then he could not be more wrong in his judgement, which makes me question his ability to diagnose people. I do not use any drugs whatsoever nor have I ever been a drug user, and I do not even drink, with the exception of maybe a margarita with mexican food which is very rare. In fact, since most of my attacks happen while I am driving, I would rather have not taken a medication that impairs me, certainly there must be something that can help that is not a "drug" but he never even talked about it. Since this disorder went untreated for so long, I was left with no option but to find a doctor closer to home that I could drive to.I am glad I changed Doctors. Turns out that there is a medication I can take that helps with anxiety, Is not a narcotic and does not impair me, and he suggested counseling since he feels that the attacks are triggered by PTS, and no amount of medication will help long term without counseling. In one single appointment I have already found more help than I did in the months I met with Dr. Glass. Would not recommend this Dr. for treatment of panic disorder! I came to him for help, and I was ignored.

December 2nd, 2010
Prescribes dangerous drugs without proper evaluation
Diagnosed and prescribed ritalin to adult patient without a psychiatric evaluation. Patient later received an evaluation and was deemed not to be ADD as Dr. Glass had surmised.

October 28th, 2009
Professional mental health physician
I've been a patient of Dr. Glass for several years and the things I've noted are: He listens to your concerns and does his best to address them; He's flexible and takes into consideration your opinions; He has the benefit of experience in his field to offer you his best diagnosis; He's not a "coddler" but he is caring and considerate. If you need a person to watch you cry and give sympathy, he will recommend a good psychologist. Dr. Glass will monitor your progress and your overall mental health.

September 18th, 2009
Dismayed
My opinion of Dr. Glass is very low & my personal opinion is that he's incompetent.