Dr. Gary Goodman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

July 21st, 2009
We met Dr. Goodman when we took my 4-day old infant to the ER because he wheezed when he ate, choked once, and had a low blood/oxygen level. Dr. Goodman was rude, condescending, and tried to bully me into giving my son a test to see if he had a rare condition in which there was a hole leaking fluid from his esophagus to his trachea. He said I was a bad mother for questioning the test, asking me " why don't you want to find out what's wrong with your son? Most mothers would want to know." He was much nicer when my husband showed up, but still treated us rudely. We gave him the test, in which he had to swallow an ounce of barium and be xrayed abou 40 times. He was fine; he just had choked. We took him to the pediatrician the next morning, who diagnosed him inabout 10 seconds; he was fine. The wheezing was just our son trying to make sure no fluid wnt down the wrong pipe. Dr. Goodman did not allow us to discuss the situation, and instead interrupted us constantly and insisted we were bad parents. He never once listened to our son eat, which (since our overnight hospital stay proved his vitals were fine) was all that needed to be done.