Dr. Gary Green MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

August 13th, 2011
I've had many surgeries from sports injuries over the years. I've arguably been treated by the best, Dr. Wickiewicz, Dr. LaVyne,Dr. Pashman. All orthopedic or neurological surgeons. Dr. Green in good to see if you have a cold. But if you have a real injury, stay away. He is so afraid to treat patients with pain medication that he breaks the first oath. Do no harm. When a patient is in agony you give them what they need. I saw this dr with serious back pain and numbness. I've had back surgery before. He would not give me the necessary medicine. Finding after seeing a specialist I was diagnosed with an annular tear which can be extremely painful. Needless to say I was well cared for from that point forward. Dr. Green is a dr. That wants to be a sports guy. Probably wanted to be an ortho like one of my other favorites, Dr. Ellatreche at Kerlan Jobe. My care with Green stunk. This is the first time I've be unable to go to my dr. If choice because of HMO. PPo is well worth it. I felt he was quick to judge, less than knowledgeable, and didn't treat the painful symptom immediately. I hope this message saves someone else the hassle of dealing with this type of Dr. It's lazy medicine.

April 19th, 2011
SPORTS MEDICINE/GENERAL MEDICINE
I've been a patient of Dr. Green's since 1989 and feel that this extensive period of time puts me on solid ground not only to evaluate his professional competence and demeanor but also to presume to pass on my opinion to others who might be looking for the all important primary-care physician. This responsibility is not taken lightly by me. Having said that, my opinion could not be more loud and clear.Given the way doctors, hospitals, insurers, drug companies, lobbyists and legislators have created medicine to be practiced today (2011), Dr. Green is the finest primary care physician one could hope for, and better yet, he's alive and well and practicing in Pacific Palisades, CA. He knows his medicine, and patients benefit from him having not one but two specialty areas of medicine. He orders only the most necessary lab tests, scans and/or studies to help him make a diagnosis, knowing full well what the insurance pays for and what it doesn't. He follows up with telephone calls to see if a prescribed treatment has been effective. He is as relaxed and personal as a busy schedule permits, and makes himself available additional or problems. He does his doctoring without moralizing and being judgemental. And what I found at first a bit strange and later most welcome is the relationship he has with the 3 fellow doctors in the office who cover for each other. They each have the same general common sense philosophy on which Dr. Green bases his practice, and their comradery -- rather than egocentric competition -- is very evident. (For patients who want same or opposite sex doctors, the practice consists of two women and two men.)Finally, Dr. Green is supported by an office and nursing staff that if were important on a Friday at 3pm to find a needle in a haystack by 4:00pm the same day, bet on them finding it because they have for me on several occasions.I'll conclude with the following: I'm 64 and 28 years ago after being diagnosed with a fatal disease and given a year or two to live, I immediately hooked up with a specialist at UCLA under whose care I gratefully remain when problems in that area arise. Early on, however, I was having problems connecting with the "right" primary care physician, until I solicited the assistance of the specialist, who referred me to Dr. Green. So, 28 years with one doctor and 22 concurrent years with Dr. Green, I am crystal clear about what, how and who is best for me in doctoring. Chances are excellent that Dr. Green and fellow doctors on staff would be best for you too.

May 20th, 2008
Great Doctor
Dr. Green has been my doctor for nearly twenty years and I would trust him with my very life . His bedside manor is first rate and you could do no better if you are looking for a wonderful , caring doctor.

December 23rd, 2014