Internist
Olympic Internal Medicine
2620 Wheaton Way
Bremerton, WA 98310
360-377-3923
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr. Gretch is the Best!  |  show details
by Karen on Jun 26th, 2014

Dr. Gretch is by far the most caring and knowledgeable doctor I've ever met. He gets upset if he's a few minutes late for an appointment, which happens infrequently when his prior patient needs more time. He never seems rushed, giving total attention to me and spending as much time as I need to make sure my questions are fully answered. When he doesn't immediately know the answer, he diligently explores the possibilities and brings in other specialists as needed to help find the answer. He comes to each appointment fully prepared, having reviewed my chart so he's ready to followup on prior issues and recommend periodic tests, such as mammograms, pelvic exams, blood tests, etc. He took on the care of my aging parents 18 months ago, helping my Dad reduce his dependence on narcotics for chronic pain, and helping my Mom through her end-of-life care with loving compassion. He's totally amazing!

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
by Linda F. on Apr 24th, 2014

I absolutely recommend Dr. Gretch! He is kind, thorough, and never in a rush. I have never had to wait long and his staff is very friendly and helpful!

|  Retired  |  show details
by Sam Bell on Dec 31st, 2013

Dr. Gretch is excellent. Great medical advise and follow up. He also spends as much time as I need.

|  Retired Machinist Supervisor  |  show details
by Lew Kono on Sep 4th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Gretch since he arrived in Bremerton many years ago. His intuitiveness is top notch, determining the problem and finding a solution on the first shot. I will be with him until I kick the bucket or he quits. Thank you Gary for all the years, Lew

|  One of the best internal medicine doctors I've had in 70 years.  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

Dr. Gretch has been rated by Washington Checkbook as one of the top internal medicine doctors in the greater Seattle area.I must concur with that rating. Everyone in his group practice from intake, to nurse, to lab personnel are focused on prompt, efficient patient evaluation and care.Dr. Gretch came to my exam fully briefed on my health history (as did his nurse). He was very personable, not rushed in the least, covered each medical problem or potential problem with questions, examination and answers. I felt like I was his only patient in the world.Day after the exam I received a note from Dr. Gretch advising his review of my blood work and that everything was o.k.His staff told me he is the Dr. that other Doctors come to for their annual physical exams. I can see why.

|  Best internist on the peninsula  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2011

Dr Gretch has been my personal physician for over 15 years. He is always punctual and spends more time with his patients than any other physician in the community. He is very well respected and considered the provider of choice by other health care professionals in the area.

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2008

I cant' recommend this doctor. Poor follow-ups, grossly overbooked for appointments, impossible to contact after hours or when he's out of the office, and I feel the monetary gain of being a doctor is more important to him than providing personal care to his patience.

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2008

You know a physician is really good when he is the doctor all the other doctors and hospital staff go to. That is the case with Dr. Gretch. He is superb.