Dr. Gary Gropper MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 16th, 2017
Fabulous Doctor
I had a C5/C6 cervical fusion by Dr. Gropper and then a micro discectomy on my lower back. I always tell people I think he walks on water and also has a great sense of humor

February 22nd, 2016
Very pleased

November 27th, 2015
Disguised with he made my vital signs go through the roof

May 23rd, 2015
Three family members are patients of Dr Gropper. He is excellent in all areas! Great caring bedside manner. Professional, knowledgable, skilled, and he explains everything clearly. I would recommend Dr Gropper to everyone and have recommended him. Great Doctor!

June 5th, 2014
#1 On My List of Doctors
Dr. Gropper diagnosed my aneurysm and followed me as a patient for over 8 years. He was always caring, showed great interest in my concerns, and spent time helping to alleviate those concerns and updating me on any changes that had taken place. He is someone that I would so willing recommend to anyone I know that needs a neuro surgeon. My family and I can't thank him enough for all he has done.

September 25th, 2013
disappointment terror!
I would tell friends not to go to this doctor I disliked him .I had emergency surgery and he was rude , I was scared and he tells me to shut up! He was not even my doctor when my doctor did come to the operating room he yelled at my doctor again whats the deal? My doctor and I had discussed personal issues I had and Gropper ignored them or blew them and me off. I will never go back to a hospital where he is at. Dislike doesn't even come close to how I really feel about him . I was put in the ICU and he came in the room and my vital signs went nuts . now you tell me if a person should feel that way with a doctor ? He was rude to family when they came to see me . He told them they could not see me they didn't have permission WHAT???????????? I have had nightmares because of him. bedside manner stunk! I am still scared of him and the nightmares are really bad I wake up screaming .

August 31st, 2012
Dr Gropper repaired me! Twice!
15 years ago I had a crushed disc in my lower back. Dr Gropper repaired this and I have had zero back problems since.In 2012, my neck got so I could only turn my head +/- about 20 degrees. Gropper removed some bone spurs in my neck, and cut back a disc which was rubbing my spinal cord in my neck and now 2 months later I am back to normal. No more neck pain and I can move my neck +/- 45 degrees. Upward motion is slightly restricted due to fusion of 2 vertebrae, but all in all, I am VERY satisfied.

November 22nd, 2010
Dr. Gropper has performed 4/5 of my back surgeries. (the first one was from another "dr" and Dr. Gropper had to clean up the mess). He has always correctly diagnosed my condition, and is not quick to perform surgery. I have been a patient of Dr. Gropper's since 1985. He and his staff have always been professional as well as personable. I would, and have recommended him to others.

October 21st, 2010
DR GARY GROPPER
EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN AND SURGEON

June 14th, 2009
Dr. Gropper was awesome
Dr. Gropper had a great bedside manner. He was very caring, and he listened well. His office staff was top notch. They were great about returning phone calls promptly and answering any questions no matter how trivial. Nancy was very quick about filling out necessary paper work for medical leave, so there wasn't much delay in me receiving my benefits. Mary Jane called within a few days of discharge to check on me.

June 5th, 2009
Service Quality
Surgery was not successful. He never checked up on me. When trying to set an appointment 2 years after Fusion surgery felt as if it was a previledge to be seen by Dr. Gropper. Not very happy with the overall outcome.

November 18th, 2008
Customer oriented
He spent time with to review my films, allowed for me to ask questions and clarify answers, felt comfortable.