Dr. Gary Gurden MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

May 4th, 2016

January 28th, 2015
Crazy Dog
This was the very first time ever seeing this doctor. He has a dog and the dog was growling at me. It scared me so I told him that he shouldn't have a dog that growls at people in the office. He then grabbed me and starting shaking me and yelling now I am barking at you now! This guy is crazy! I think he is getting to old to work. Good luck if you go here!

July 23rd, 2013
Had a 9 minute EMG.....time for him to retire

July 19th, 2012
Seek a proffesional
I seen this "neurologist" in 2007 due to a poss. DX of MS and migraine, he had me try all kinds of meds for migraine, and mentioned that on my next appt. (the 3rd) he would do a spinal tap to check for MS the appt. came and I brought my husband because I was scared. Gurden (he is not a Dr. in my eyes) came into the room and asked why I was here, I stated that he told me that I was going to have a spinal tap. He laghed and asked why I would want one of those. I said to see if I have MS, he said well you have no real bad symptoms why would you want to know, and have to take real expensive shots everyday. I have copys of his dictation, and he was full enough of himself to state that. In 2011 I found a real neurologist had the spinal tap and started treatment for my MS so it wouldn't get any worse. In 2007 my hands were numb and I was a bit clumsy with terrible headaches from muscle spacticity in my neck, now by the time I found a real Dr. I have no sensation in my skin, my muscle tone is extreme, my vision is poor, and my fatigue is terrible. The MS therapy drugs are to stop the progression, not fix anything damage so far.

May 21st, 2012
What the...
I had been suffering from nerve pain and weakness for nearly a year when i fianlly got an appt. with a "neurologist"; I missed an important conference because I had to wait for nearly 2 hours AFTER my appointment time to be seen. When I was finally seen, what a miracle! I received a diagnosis of fibromyalgia in 5 minutes withoutreally even speaking to the "Dr." and NO review of the substantial symptom forms i filled out and brought with me. After two similar visits and no help, yet a bill totaling over $1000, I quit going. Of course, he made sure to emphasize several times during each visit that I was getting a reduced rate because I had no insurance; boy was I lucky! In the meantime, my step father was misdiagnosed by this man, and six months later died of brain cancer. Save yourself a lot of anxiety and find a real doctor.

July 21st, 2011
Needs to Retire!!
I had an appointment with Dr Gurden just last week for the first time. I was shocked at how old he was! Freaked me out a little bit as he poked me with needels. The wait time was outragous! I got there 10 mins prior to my appointment time as instructed. I waited to see the doctor for an hour and a half! The staff was quite rood. The only person that was friendly was the lady at the font desk that checked me in. She was a sweet heart!

October 16th, 2009
Jerk
I have never in my life encountered a Dr. that could care less about any patient than this man. I pulled my Father out of an abusive relationship and he came to live with me. The court wanted a letter from the neurologist to show incompetency, I called to get an appt. they said they would not book an appt. because he had no showed too many times. OK, he was not in my care, I was not aware of the no shows,he was being evaluated for competency, he was on prescribed meds by this Dr., he was very sick taking prescribed meds, Gurden would not see him, the lawyer wrote a letter, he still will not see him. My father has Parkinsons according to this Dr. Gurden. But he will not see him because too many no shows is their policy. Then I find out he only saw him once to begin with. So lets just go to another Dr. I have heard so much bad about him since this that I don't even want him to see this joke of a Dr. Obviously, he and his staff have no compassion. Did I say he has some dementia according to Gurden? Wow, do u think that maybe if he was not cared for he would not know how to keep an appt. he does not drive. I was not allowed to be apart of my father's care because his new wife and her family were too busy robbing him blind and hitting him and they didn't let any authorities know I even existed. So save your $$$ and perhaps your life and go, no run to any other neurologist.