Dr. Gary Gurka MD Patient Reviews

• Allergy and Immunology Arlington, MA

June 14th, 2016
Exceptional doctor!
I have been a patient of Dr. Gurka for 26 years. After years of being in and out of the hospital for upper respiratory infections and asthma related problems, and taking antibiotics several times a year, every year, I had finally had enough. Doctors could not tell me why I was always sick and would get frustrated when I would ask. At the age of 26, I was referred to Dr. Gurka by a nurse friend. During my initial visit, he spent quite a bit of time just listening to me, asking questions, doing extensive blood work, and getting to know me. He discovered that I had an autoimmune deficiency and has been taking care of me ever since. Because of related problems due to this deficiency, I see many different doctors. Dr. Gurka has, by far, the best bed side manner you could ever hope for in a doctor and he truly cares about his patients. While he is no longer a primary care doctor and focuses on allergy and asthma issues, he is still involved with my care. After 26 years, he is still my favorite doctor and one whom I trust completely.

May 24th, 2012
Horrible experience
I certainly will not recommend Dr. Gurka to a friend or family. I waited forever to be seen the first time. He claims to be an allergy specialist even though he is not Board Certified. I was made to continue allergy shots for over 5 years after signing some forms with lots of fine print. I could not stop when I wanted to. I might have just been receiving water all these years the shots did nothing to my allergies. Stay away!

November 18th, 2011
Great practioner!!
He was able to quickly diagnose a disease that other Boston doctors had taken a year to identify. His compassion and bedside manner was instrumental in gaining my cooperation in my own recovery.

February 4th, 2009
I have been seeing this Dr. for quite some time . He is the one who found my Blood problem . He has always been there. And is very understanding with me at all times when I need him.I would highly recommend . when I need him. Which to me is very importante