Dr. Gary Hamlin DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 9th, 2017
Judgmental on the uninsured
To see him is a waist of your money and time because he refuses to work with you. If you don't have insurance he will not substitute prescriptions that is affordable for you and he'll lecture you about how's it your responsibility to have insurance. This man is not God, he's not my judge and fills his office with Christian painting and lectures me! The ear drops he prescribed me, ciprodex, is over $200. He then lectures me on how to save money and purchase them then (???) And refused to find something else for me that I can. Gee thanks Doc!!! My ear infection can't wait until I can afford them!!! He did give me a $9. Prescription, Levofloxacin, 500 mg one daily for 5 days. - 😡 I picked those up a long with Mucinex D.

May 9th, 2017
Office visit
If you don't have insurance he will not substitute prescriptions that is affordable to his patient, at least he refused to for me prescribing me ear drops, (most insurance companies will only cover genetic if the medication has one and he refused to look for another medication that would treat my condition that had a generic.) Office visit is $50. To see him, it'sis was waist of my money and time if he refuses to help his by prescribing a medication they can afford. The ear drops he prescribed me, ciprodex, is over $200. When I told him I didn't have insurance he went on giving me a speech about it being my responsibility to have insurance and refused to work with me telling me to save money to get it, if my ear drum gets damaged because of it I'll hold him responsible because he made it a point to prescribe a medication that was out of my price range, single parents often do without for their children and we don't need to be dumped on because our income does not meet his standards and our lack of insurance. He did give me a $9. Prescription, Levofloxacin, 500 mg one daily for 5 days. - 😡 I picked those up a long with Mucinex D. It's a shame that a Doctor can have Christian painting but can't act Godly, judging me and not knowing me. Do not go to him he'll take your money and not help you get something that you can afford!

February 3rd, 2017
Very disappointed
The doctor is rude and has a smart attitude. I read all the reviews and so many said he was a good Christian man. That was not the experience we had. He had no time for a sick patient. It was all I could do to get my husband to even go and we were told $25 it was $55. Got in there made him go next door to do blood work that he did not need and did not believe hed done it so he had to show them his arm where they had taken the blood. He went in with what we were afraid could be pneumonia. He said bronchitis so why the blood work? My husband has been very sick for over 2 weeks and we dont feel he was given proper care. When I called back to asked what the two prescriptions were he told me talk it over with the pharmacist. He's a very arrogant man. Needless to say we are headed somewhere else and won't return.

April 4th, 2016
MOST TERRIBLE DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN TO, STAY AWAY!!!!!
I went in to have my eye looked at, scratched by baby's hand. He checked vitals and touched my throat for a second then said cyst in lymph node......could be thyroid cancer, Lupus, and I needed to get it looked at right away. Then compared himself to Jesus when I asked how serious the neck cyst was. Told him I'm atheist and he was making me very uncomfortable TALKING ABOUT RELIGION TO A PATIENT. I asked him to stop talking about religion yet he continued. He then proceeded to berate me for not having a primary care doctor despite just having a baby. He made me feel like I was going die from cancer that I had ignored symptoms of. I had such a bad panic attack I could barely get home. I worried and cried so much before I could get into another doctor. Guess what? THYROID IS PERFECT, NO ISSUES NO CANCER!!!!!! BAD DOCTOR, MISDIAGNOSES PATIENTS AND INAPPROPRIATELY DISCUSSES RELIGION WITH PATIENTS AGAINST THEIR WILL.

March 18th, 2016
OMG
I've never felt more comfortable at a doctors office in my life the office was a mess to begin with and I was only there to try to get back on Celexa to help with my severe anxiety and panic attacks l and he couldn't give me the medicine because I wasn't on birth control... he told me to go get on birth control then come back to get my Celexa.. I was very uncomfortable and very unhappy... would not recommend him to anyone!!!

December 29th, 2015
GREAT DOCTOR AND SERVER OF GOD.

October 2nd, 2015
Don't assume
First visit, don't assume you know someone has poor eating habits just by looking at them, there could be other things going.

May 20th, 2015
I'm so thankful for Dr. Hamlin. He is so reasonable on his prices. He has helped me so many times when I've needed a Dr.

January 13th, 2015
great doctor and even a better person

January 11th, 2015
good
He saved my life I was close to stroking out when I went to see him, he not only doctored me he told me God had plans for me and that's why I'm still here.

March 8th, 2014
Great
I did a lot of research before I came in here. I read these current reviews 100 times probably. Well first off.. I was nervous for going in here. I have no idea why. What a painless process. The receptionist was kind. Yes they charge you double if you are not on birth control but they make it a point to tell you it will be half off if you get on some. Yes they ask you to sign a form saying you will try to stay abstinent. But really.. why is that so bad? It is a religious doctor. You are a fool if you are shocked by that. Anyway. Dr. Hamlin was great. Thourough and quick. Perfect.

July 27th, 2013
A joke
Would not give a physical for my 6 yr old perfectly healthy daughter for summer camp. How hard is it to look her over and sign on the line?! Told me to bring paperwork bc he wasn't spending time on calls and emails. This wast second I successful visit- first time for diet pills, wanted me to do a $75 blood year and sign a form saying I would stay sexually abstent since I wasn't married- not his business and unprofessional- never will go back. Wow!