A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Harter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Harter is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Harter
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Harter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Harter, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Harter graduated from West Virginia University, Morgantown.
Dr. Harter has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Geisinger Medical Center/Danville
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center
- Shamokin Area Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gary Dean Harter MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Gary D. Harter practice?
- Dr. Gary Harter has 1 office location.
Dr. Gary Harter practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Danville, PA.
See Danville Surgeons.