Dr. Gary Hathaway MD Patient Reviews

November 22nd, 2016
Hernia consultation
Very thoightful and detailed explanation of my procedure. Easy to speak with, I trusted him almost immediately. Will schedule surgery with him and leave a follow up after.xx'c

September 10th, 2015
Man of Integrity!
I have to admit, I was worried going straight to a surgeon that I would automatically end up have surgery. Another doctor had found my gallbladder was full of stones and referred me to Dr. Hathaway. Dr. Hathaway was extremely easy to talk to, easy to understand, so very personable and said I didn't need surgery! He explained symptoms/signs to look for and recommended that I NOT have surgery right now unless problems present. He could have easily scheduled a surgery date, but didn't. I wish all doctors were as honest and made me feel like they really had my best interest at heart!

June 28th, 2012
Don't go there!
My Wellstar clinic recommended the doctor at Summit Surgical so I was soon to be a first time visiting "NEW PATIENT" going there to make an appointment for a required surgery. The address for Summit surgical was listed by Kennestone Hospital incorrectly and had never been changed in the 3 years Summit had moved from their old address. This made me get to the Summit office exactly at my appointment time of 3:30 PM. Then there were 25 patients ahead of me due to overbooking. One and one half hours later, at 5:00 PM, still not being seen by the doctor and being in pain, I complained very vocally and, because of my complaining, the office manager, who was extremely condescending, told me Summit felt I should go elsewhere and they did not want me as a patient of theirs and threw me out!Good luck if you use them

June 1st, 2012
Wonderful doctor!
Dr. Hathaway cured a bad, uncomfortable infection that I developed as a result of a tummy tuck performed by a cosmetic surgeon. Actually, it was my second infection, the first resulting in surgery. He drained the infection (no pain) and eliminated the need for a second surgery. He has a great personality and really cares about his patients. He's a great doctor, and I highly recommend him!

October 4th, 2010
my visit with Dr. Gary Hathaway
I have been to a lot of Drs. in my lifetime and none can ompare to the effeciency of Dr. Hathway and his staff, he also makes it a point to call to check on his patients, he also makes it a point to calm the fears of my family members. He is someone really special there will be a special place for him. My family and I just love him todeath.