Dr. Gary Heath MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 10th, 2016
Patient
Dr Gary Heath is a very compassionate, caring, competent, knowledgeable, and understanding doctor. He always listens to what I have to say about how I am feeling and we discuss the course of treatment. His PA, Shona Preston, is also very good to listen to me and help determine a treatment. Over the past 20 years I have seen Dr Heath and Shona for pain management for scoliosis, pain in the total spine treated with a pain pump. hips, and knees. My body has not always complied but Dr Heath never gave up on me. I recommend Dr Heath to anyone looking for a Pain Management Dr. I thank him and his staff for all his years taking care of me in Abilene, TX. They will be missed since he is moving to Waco.

December 11th, 2013
great doc!
This pain doctor is the best I have ever been to. His assistant shona is great!!! She will spend as much time with you as you need. Very compassionate. I have nothing but great things vs to say about the whole clinic.

March 7th, 2011
Disturbing how rude the staff is
I had a scheduled appointment that I waited over four months for. As if that weren't bad enough, however, I understand having a wait list if necessary. My 16 month old daughter had a speech therapy appointment at 8 am and my 5 month old son had a hearing test at 8:30 am that I had to cancel for this appointment I was eagerly anticipating in hopes of having some answers and treatment regarding my neck pain and migraines. I could not find my paperwork they had send for months prior so I arrived 45 minutes early with my 5 month old son in tow. The front desk was tremendously rude from the beginning. When asked for my packet I apologized and told her that I had lost it and if I could fill out another. Before I could finish my sentence she huffed and stomped out of the room. Over ten minutes later her and the scheduling supervisor came to the desk with an appointment card for 3 months later rescheduling me. I begged and pleaded with them to allow me to keep my appointment but they would not hear of it claiming that I didn't have the paperwork therefore could not be seen. Still 30 minutes from my appointment time I begged them to try to fill it out by then and rudely they wrote me off. THIRTY minutes before!! I asked for them to give me a chance and if I was not done in 20 I would be on my way. They not only would not budge but they were nasty and callus. I don't know the merits of the Dr as I was never able to see him but based on his employees alone I would NEVER recommend this office to anyone. I work in the medical business as a case manager and deal with a large load of clients. I can tell you I would NEVER be so condescending and disrespectful to anybody and never had been treated like such in my life. Awful is misleading and an understatement.

March 7th, 2011
Appauling

March 2nd, 2010
TO A WONDERFUL AND CAREING DOCTOR
My life has been such up and down with Chronic Back Pain and Ruptured Disks and I Prayed for a Careing and very understanding and Professional Doctor and God Put Dr. Gary Heath in my life ,he has done Risotomies on me and the blocking of pain and help with proper medication and monitoring and I have a life again with my husband and our children and grandchildren. Im so blessed and I hope he does know how wonderful He is and his staff....