A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Hirshfield:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Hirshfield, Ophthalmologist, General Practitioner is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Hirshfield, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hirshfield graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Hirshfield has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hirshfield accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 24 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gary S. Hirshfield practice?
Dr. Gary Hirshfield practices Ophthalmology near Fresh Meadows, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Sunnyside, NY.
See Fresh Meadows Ophthalmologists.