A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Hirshfield:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Hirshfield, Ophthalmologist, General Practitioner is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hirshfield
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Hirshfield Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Hirshfield, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hirshfield graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Hirshfield has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gary Stuart Hirshfield MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Gary S. Hirshfield practice?
- Dr. Gary Hirshfield has 4 office locations.
Dr. Gary Hirshfield practices Ophthalmology near Fresh Meadows, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Woodside, NY and Jamaica, NY.
See Fresh Meadows Ophthalmologists.