A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Hirshfield:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gary Hirshfield, Ophthalmologist, General Practitioner is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hirshfield
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Hirshfield Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Hirshfield, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hirshfield graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Hirshfield has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gary Stuart Hirshfield MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Gary S. Hirshfield practice?
- Dr. Gary Hirshfield has 1 office location.
Dr. Gary Hirshfield practices Ophthalmology near Fresh Meadows, NY.
See Fresh Meadows Ophthalmologists.