Dr. Gary Horbar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gary Horbar?

Thorough, practical and engaged

Posted on October 12th, 2016

Dr Horbar is a dedicated doctor who takes care of the whole patient and dispenses practical, informed advice. He is excellent.

There is no one like him.

Posted on September 8th, 2016

Dr. Horbar has been my physician for over thirty years and though I live out of state, I fly to New York for my appointments with him. I have complete faith in his judgment, medical and otherwise. There is absolutely no one like him.

The Best Doctor Period

Posted on July 29th, 2015

Gary Horbar is a rarity - a terrific diagnostician and doctor and an even better human being. He sees the global picture of each patient, spends a lot of time diagnosing the problem and truly cares that the patient improves. At the same time, he is calm, reassuring and explains the issues thoroughly. The best part is that Dr. Horbar acts as the quarterback for all of the doctors involved in the care process. A wonderful doctor. He saved my life - and my dad's life - on more than one occasion.

Posted on September 1st, 2013

I have been treated by Dr. Horbar for 19 years. He is an absolute sweetheart first of all. Secondly, and I guess most importantly, he is very thorough, wise, great diagnostician. There is nothing bad I can say about this man. Terrific doctor.

Simply the best ...

Posted on April 27th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Horbar's for nearly 30 years. He has seen me and members of my family through major illnesses and chronic debilitating health issues. He has done so with grace, humor and a disciplined attention to detail that is at the core of great medical care. He is from the "last" generation of old school healers that can diagnose a problem from careful observation, touch and interaction with patients--and while he runs all the tests necessary, they're mainly to confirm what he's already figured out. He's also the best quarterback I know, ensuring that medical specialists stay in line and give the kind of care necessary to see his patients throught their problems. He is truly the best.

the best internist you can afford

Posted on August 7th, 2012

i have been a patient of Dr horbars for more than 25 years and i am only 47. i have been to other internists but he is the most thoughtful, takes the most time(at least 45 minutes including time to discuss anything he finds or thinks is important), truly cares about his patients and does follow up. there is no one better. the one major caveat is that he doesnt take insurance so you will be coming out of pocket unless you have burned up your deductible, but he is worth every penny if you value your health

Posted on March 13th, 2012

I LOVE Dr. Horbar. He has been my doctor for many years, and I would not go anywhere else. He has a great bedside manner, his staff are very professional and are always helpful. Dr. Horbar always spends the amount of time with me that I need, in order to answer all of my questions. I never feel rushed.

Best doctor in the world

Posted on August 1st, 2011

been with him for over 30 years

A true family quarterback

Posted on May 24th, 2011

Dr Horbar is our family's quarterback. He spends the time identifying the problem and does not rest until he finds a solution. He refers specialists at the right time and always follows up. It is unfortunate that he does not take insurance as it's forcing many of us to seek other internists.

Horbar is the best!!

Posted on March 11th, 2011

He is absolutely wonderful. I only stopped seeing Dr. HOrbar when my insurance forced me to switch. He is thorough, caring, knowledgeable, just the best!

Saved Life of Family Member

Posted on January 29th, 2008

Dr. Horbar is extremely knowledgeable, thoughtful, resourceful, caring doctor with extraordinary diagnostic skills. He listens carefully and spends as much time as necessary, not being restricted by the clock, which sometimes makes the wait a little long. He is responsible for saving my father and my husband's life, what more needs to be said.

Posted on May 2nd, 2017