Dr. Gary Horndeski MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 25th, 2017
BOTCHED BREAST JOB- Terribly misleading-
I decided to go with Dr Horndeski for an "ultimate breast lift" after reading reviews on Realself.com. Little did I know doctors have the ability to scrub the bad reviews off that site! I wish SO BAD I would have known about this site before proceeding with him because what a nightmare experience! I completely agree with all the bad breast lift reviews I have read on here. I followed his post surgical instructions to the letter, yet the "upper pole fullness" he claimed I would always have went away after 2 months. The incisions were horrible thick, too high and disfiguring ; turned into keloid scars. I've never had a keloid scar in my life until his NIGHTMARE breast lift. Further, the sutures kept abscessing and spitting, creating pus and coming out for months after the surgery. I later found out his uses a Johnson and Johnson braided suture material. There was a class action suit against these because they cause infection and do not dissolve properly. When confronted, he blamed every bit of it on me and "my ability to heal", instead of assuming responsibility. My nipples are now too high, not the same size, Frankenstein scars, sutures that are still thick, red and still not totally dissolved since 2015 (when the surgery was performed). It is a complete disaster. I have had multiple injections into my suture sites to try to help, scar topicals, you name it. I have spoken with 8 other plastic surgeons that are shocked at his work. All completely agree it will take reconstructive surgery to fix. Run, don't walk away from this man. He seems nice at the first visit, but the work you are left with is CRIMINAL.

March 6th, 2017
Caring Doc
I typically never write reviews, but felt compelled to do so with this doctor. I went ahead and made my appointment to viisit him and was pleasantly surprised with his friendliness and straight forwardness. Not your typical plastic surgeon for sure!. He speaks softly and to the point. He didn't try to sell me on other procedures like most of the others I saw. I felt comfortable with his down to earth demeanor. There was a woman that had flown in from England to have her breasts lifted by him and she was kind enough to tell me all about it while I waited. She kept saying how happy she was with her results and even offered to show me. I wasn't expecting someone who had just had the procedure to speak to me so frankly about it. I was really thrilled to see that her results were as nice as the pictures on his gallery on-line. Long story short; I had my breasts lifted 5 months ago. I am so happy I finally did this! I am now able to go without a bra if I want to and don't need to worry about an implant causing my breasts to sag again. He's a bit pricey; but well worth the higher cost. Once you get to know him, he's really a nice man. Kuddos to Dr. H for coming up with this technique! I am so happy with my results.

February 15th, 2017
Horrible horrible breast lift outcome
I'm scarred for life .....

January 10th, 2017
Horrible experience beware
Outcome nothing like what's advertised, photos are misleading, he is uncaring, dispassionate and won't guarantee his work. I've had three corrective surgeries at this point and I won't ever be the same. Do your research.

November 8th, 2016
Horndeski Method a/k/a Bellesoma Method destroyed my breasts
Dr. Horndeski is selling snake oil. His method produces flat, square, misshapen breasts. My breasts look horrible, the nipples are too high, my scars are wide and too high and I have an irregular breast shape. During my consultation to have this "procedure" corrected I was measured and my nipples are at 19" and 19.5", 1/2 inch difference and still two to three inches too high. I will never look attractive in clothing, swimsuits again! Works $14k I've ever spent and I'm still dealing with all this in therapy. Please check his State of Texas Disciplinary actions and all of the bad reviews online...

October 26th, 2016
Amazing Result - Every woman should have this!
I had consultations from several doctors around the COUNTRY before meeting with Dr. Horndeski. His no vertical scar approach is truly revolutionary and I couldn't be happier. Other doctors told me I HAD to have a vertical anchor scar and if I wanted them not to look flat, that I needed breast implants up top. I am living proof that this is not the case. I seem to fall into the category with hundreds of other women who believe Dr. Horndeski has truly changed breast surgery!!!!!! Also, I want to give my thanks to Jana and Elisa. They were sooooo helpful during my recovery.

September 26th, 2016
Horrible Results on his Breast Lift
Worst possible decision. Horrible results and now I need reconstructive surgery. He has many actions taken against him by the Texas Medical Board and has lost hospital privileges and does surgery 50 mikes away from his office. Do your research before you let him lay a hand on you! He destroyed my breasts.

September 15th, 2016
Disfigured
I had a breast reduction and was left disfigured. I lost my areola and nipple, although I had never smoked, and was perfectly healthy. When I saw another plastic surgeon for reconstruction, he said that he gets a lot of Dr. Hordeski's patients that come in for revisions due to botched surgeries.

August 31st, 2016
Pastor
I highly recommend Dr. Horndeski, not just for his expertise, but also for his bedside manner and willingness to explain all that my procedure entailed from start through the completion of rehab. I especially was at ease to ask question whether minor or major and he and his staff took the time to answer all i needed to feel confidant that I chose the right Dr.

August 28th, 2016
Amazing !!
Super dependable ! Would go back in a instant if anything else were to come up. He will make sure everything is okay with you before and after the procedure or appointment. Highly recommend Doctor Horndeski to anyone !!!!

August 27th, 2016
Extremely thorough and detail oriented. Minimal wait time. Knowledgeable and willing to explain everything. Gentle with examination.

July 31st, 2016
Terrible Otoplasty results
Day of surgery waited from 1pm to 3pm. Said he'd be there at 1, then 2 but showed up around 3. Had a terrible otoplasty job from this Dr and beside manner is the worse I've ever had. At first tells me my ears were normal then when the swelling went down and the results were clear that he cut off too much cartilage and i confronted him about it, both him and PA told me it was what i wanted. I had no knowledge or information what so ever that this would happen. Now they just defend themselves and are completely careless to my concerns. Hoping I will just go away.