Dr. Gary Howard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gary Howard?

October 5th, 2017

Great Doctor

He is a really good Doctor, he takes a lot of time with his patients, so much so you have to wait hours to see him. The best thing to is to make an appointment and call before you go to see how far he is behind. All in all its worth it. I've been seeing him for about 20 years.

August 22nd, 2017

Love doctor Howard!

Reviews seem to be the same. Everyone loves dr Howard but doesn't love the wait time and will put up with the wait time because he is too good of a doctor to leave. My advice, when I make my appointments, if I technically need a 3:00 appointment, I'll schedule an 11am to be seen around 3. He typically stays 4 hours behind, and the later your appointment, the longer behind he'll probably be. So instead of getting there at 11, I'll call the office and let them know to sign me in and ask how far behind he is. They'll give you an approximate time to be there. It's that simple to avoid the wait time! Hope this helps!

October 27th, 2016

Terrible Dr.

I can't believe how much I regret signing up with this Dr. through Obama care last year. I have been to see him 4 times this year. Not once has he listened to my breathing. checked my ears, nose or throat and done anything about seeing to my diabetes issues. He has come in every time and sat for like an hour gabbing with me. He seems to try and be philosophical and not doing anything medical. And the worst part is to get into see him it is well know you will wait and wait and wait. Literally the first time I sat in the outer office for 6 solid hours. They then told me about their "system" that when you have your appt. you call at them at the time your suppose to really have arrived and they give you a possible time you might need to show up in reality which is usually about 3 hours after your scheduled time. And if the authorities found out that he is giving out meds that are needed that other patients have turned in when they had been prescribed them and wound up not being able to take them. Yes, it helps if you can't afford that medicine for yourself. BUT!!! that is against the law to be giving medicine through a Dr.'s office that has not been prescribed to you personally. I can't wait till this year is up so I can change Dr.'s. If I was made to have him as a Dr. again, next time I would run away as fast as I could!!! This Dr. and the way he does things is screwy and just not right!

July 20th, 2016

Dr. Howard in my opinion is a very caring man that takes time with his patients. Not that great at appointment time but well worth the wait!

October 7th, 2013

Dr Howard

Dr. Howard spends more time with each patient than any physican I have ever seen. He CARES. You will have to wait but it is well worth it.

January 6th, 2012

Never Even Got to See the Doctor

I calledn two+ weeks in advance for an appointment. The day before my visit, I get the confirmation call and everything seemed in order. I got to the office and filled out all my paperwork and waited. I arrived at 8:30, and my appointment time was for 9. They were just getting to the 7:30 patients! I waited until almost 12 (this being a Friday). I asked the lady behind the desk how much longer it would be. They put me down as a work-in! I waited for over 3 hours to be told that my appoint was somehow not a real appointment. The lady that I needed to talk to was not in at the momement. I asked for my refund on the copay so I could leave. They almost didn't have the money because a lady had already left for the bank! They gave me my money and didn't apologizes! I will not go back if this is how they treat a new patient. Everyone in the office complained about the wait time.

October 5th, 2011

Love the Dr/Hate the wait

My husband has used Dr Howard for many years and loves him. He is a very good doctor. The only negative is the wait time even with an appointment. My husband has had to wait over an hour before just for the lab! And has had an appt to see the dr and still had to spend 4 hours there. Having an appt does not seem to make a difference. If you are retired and have all day to wait it's maybe ok, but for the average working person it's very difficult. My husband has had to leave and reschedule many times due to the long wait. (and it's hard getting him to agree to go to the dr as it is) The office staff either over books patients or takes in too many walkins. Aside from the wait inconvenience, Dr Howard is an excellant dr. He just needs to correct the waiting time problem.

December 15th, 2008

A Great Doctor

Dr. Howard is a wonderful man and physician. When you are in the room with him, he doesn't realize there are other people in the waiting room.(makes it tough if you are in the waiting room!). You are the only thing on his mind. He has found problems with me and my dad and corrected them or sent us to specialists if he couldn't find the problem. He is one of the few "caring doctors" left today. He has a wonderful staff that is just as caring as he.

September 6th, 2017