Internist, General Practitioner

Dr Howard show details Dr Howard
by william campbell on Oct 7th, 2013

Dr. Howard spends more time with each patient than any physican I have ever seen. He CARES. You will have to wait but it is well worth it.

Best doctor i have ever been to ! show details Best doctor i have ever been to !
Jun 4th, 2012

My step children refered me to doctor Howard when my wife and I moved to Montevallo.I certainly feel lucky and Blessed that he accepted us in his practice.He is a very dedicated and professional doctor.He always has a smile on his face and you can just tell it is real.He always makes you feel better just seeing his smile and knowing that he loves his family and loves life itself.He works extra long hours for his patients.I don`t know how he does it day after day but I know he has taken better care of me than any doctor I have ever seen in my life!

Never Even Got to See the Doctor show details Never Even Got to See the Doctor
Jan 6th, 2012

I calledn two weeks in advance for an appointment. The day before my visit, I get the confirmation call and everything seemed in order. I got to the office and filled out all my paperwork and waited. I arrived at 8:30, and my appointment time was for 9. They were just getting to the 7:30 patients! I waited until almost 12 (this being a Friday). I asked the lady behind the desk how much longer it would be. They put me down as a work-in! I waited for over 3 hours to be told that my appoint was somehow not a real appointment. The lady that I needed to talk to was not in at the momement. I asked for my refund on the copay so I could leave. They almost didn't have the money because a lady had already left for the bank! They gave me my money and didn't apologizes! I will not go back if this is how they treat a new patient. Everyone in the office complained about the wait time.

Love the Dr/Hate the wait show details Love the Dr/Hate the wait
Oct 5th, 2011

My husband has used Dr Howard for many years and loves him. He is a very good doctor. The only negative is the wait time even with an appointment. My husband has had to wait over an hour before just for the lab! And has had an appt to see the dr and still had to spend 4 hours there. Having an appt does not seem to make a difference. If you are retired and have all day to wait it's maybe ok, but for the average working person it's very difficult. My husband has had to leave and reschedule many times due to the long wait. (and it's hard getting him to agree to go to the dr as it is) The office staff either over books patients or takes in too many walkins. Aside from the wait inconvenience, Dr Howard is an excellant dr. He just needs to correct the waiting time problem.

A Great Doctor show details A Great Doctor
Dec 14th, 2008

Dr. Howard is a wonderful man and physician. When you are in the room with him, he doesn't realize there are other people in the waiting room.(makes it tough if you are in the waiting room!). You are the only thing on his mind. He has found problems with me and my dad and corrected them or sent us to specialists if he couldn't find the problem. He is one of the few "caring doctors" left today. He has a wonderful staff that is just as caring as he.

Oct 29th, 2008

I asked Dr. Howard which doctor i could see to help control my condition when i moved from Montevallo. He was not offended that i would not be seeing him anymore, in fact he was very pleasant and gave me a good reference for another doc.He is the only good doctor in Montevallo, so he is very popular, and the waiting room gets packed.