Dr. Gary Silverman DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2016
DEBBIE the DRAGON
Dr. Silverman is truly the best at what he does. He gave me hope and a fighting spirit. I feel I owe him so much! But I stopped going last year, sad to say, because I could no longer deal with King Kong (DEBBIE); her attitude towards patients both in-person and on the phone. It's really despicable that she has such a nice job with a really great doctor, and unfortunately we, the patients, must tolerate her abuse in order to see him. She is negative, condescending, rude, talks nastily about other patients IN FRONT of other patients in the office at her desk! My jaw hit the floor! I've even heard her snarkiness going to or coming from an exam room. I've never experienced anything like her in a professional practice. At first I thought she was having a bad day and gave her the benefit of the doubt (stress?). But it was almost every time I went in that I had to cringe if she was at the desk. She's even demeaning to the staff. I can't watch or listen to that. No one deserves to be treated like that. I've never wished this for anyone, but I truly hope she has gotten her walking papers by now. I've been gone for a few months and it came up today because a friend was looking for a recommendation. I really wanted to send her to him because he is so empathetic and thoughtful. But I wouldn't subject my very sensitive friend to the DRAGON! I really wish him all the best :)

July 13th, 2015
Been a patient of Dr Sivlerman for over ten years. He has a very caring through approach to his treatment. He is very easy to talk to and stays current on the newest treatment alternatives. I would highly recommend Dr Silverman.

January 20th, 2015
If you are going to post that you are accepting new patients, accept new patients, don't list otherwise. I called to make an appt and was immediately told we aren't accepting new patients. The receptionist was rude and I'm glad I didn't see this doctor.

August 23rd, 2013
Classic Top Notch
Dr Gary Silverman is a very compassionate, knowledgeable, and friendly Rheumatologist who listens to his patients. He is honest and will not give up on trying to get you better so you can enjoy your life. He is highly regarded by his peers. The office has an easy to use web portal so you can see your lab tests, medications, notes and other useful tools. I have a rheumatological condition which has significantly impacted my life at a fairly young age and it is nice to know that in this fast paced medical money focused system that the patient has not been lost with Dr Silverman.

February 1st, 2012
Not accepting new patients
Dr. Silverman is NOT accepting new patients. Contrary to this site or castlight.

May 20th, 2011
Who's running the show
First let me start by telling you that Dr Silverman is a top notch Dr. Very professional and seem genuine. Where the dilemna starts for me a long time patient is his office staff especially Debbie the receptionist/?, Debbie has become so complacent that she no longer lets the Dr. make decisions about patient needs like medications when they can be filled and when they can't instead of taking down the information and passing it to the Dr. so that he makes the decision. I am sure Dr. Silverman has used her to filter patient requests but she takes it too far, she does not do her job with a smile and certainly most times she is unprofessional by being condescending to patients. I have been in the office when she gets a call from a patient with a refill request and she tells the patient a what for and then after the call ends she makes condescending remarks " well she isn't getting that script it's too early so I am not giving this to Silverman and proceeds to rant and rave about all types of patients saying things that are inapropriate for other patients to hear. She is angry about not being the office boss or something?? I don't know, I have mentioned this to Silverman but He is always in denial and puts it back on his patients. Dr. Silverman it's time to take charge of your office and bring attila the hun down to earth and let her know that she represents you and that she needs to be on best behavior because I know she works for you but she deals with patients so really she works for us too, She is in Dyer need of customer service training!

March 2nd, 2011
Phone staff starts with "We are not taking new patiets ...." when asked can I make an appointment. Seems an unprofessional way to start.

November 22nd, 2010
Thankful Mother!
Dr. Silverman is my daughter's rheumatologist, and she could'nt be in better hands. It gives me peace of mind knowing that she has such a knowledgeable, informative and caring Dr. Thank you Dr. Silverman!

November 17th, 2010
Grateful Patient
You will NOT find a better rheumatologist than Dr. Gary Silverman! He has been my Dr for approx 7 years. I have MCTD/Lupus, Fibro amoung other things and I would not go to any other Dr. He is so caring, understanding, always looking for ways to help, his communication skills bar none and he listens with his heart no matter how long you need him and I have needed him plenty and he NEVER disappoints me!

November 1st, 2010
Dr. Silverman my vote for best bedside manner and empathy for people in pain!!!
Dr. Silverman has been my fibro dr. for 8+ years, he has always had a stellar bedside manner and is very empathetic to people who are in true pain. He never seems to get tired of his job, never treats our appts with haste, it's kinda unreal. He was meant to be a Dr. for sure!! Im glad he's mine!

August 21st, 2010
Dr. Silverman is the best rheumatologist that I have been to. I saw 4 or 5 before before I found him and I will never change him. The first question I ask when changing insurance is "Is Dr. Silverman on your list of providers?"

August 20th, 2010
Not A Caring Doctor!
I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia four over ten years, by two of the finest Medical Centers on the west coast. I did everything Doctor Silvermans staff told me to do prior to being accepted as a patient. I never heard from his office ever, so after one month I called to see if he would take me as a patient and the staff told me no! No reason or referral was given, just NO! Thank you Dr. Silverman for nothing. You are suppose to be a Fibromyalgia friendly Doctor, but you couldnt care less about helping people at all.