Dr. Gary Kraus MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Houston, TX

December 4th, 2016
GOT IT RIGHT FIRST TIME
Doctors in 2 states could not discover the cause of my nagging pain. They refused to talk to me after serving my MRI scans, and said nothing could be done. They were all looking at the same report, which missed my problem. I was beginning to lose hope, but found KBNI. The doctor found on the scan what the others missed, leading to the solution to my pain.

November 12th, 2016
HONEST CARING DOCTOR
The doc listened to me and showed me what my problem is. Because of that, I no longer have the unbearable pain which I experienced.

October 16th, 2016
FINALLY A DOCTOR WHO LISTENS
I don't know what it is about doctors. Most never listen, but whisk you out of their office, as if you are a nuisance to them. This doctor actually listens and cares. He studied my MRI scans, and found what other doctors couldn't or wouldn't, the source of my problem.

February 23rd, 2016
Dr. Kraus is personable and Brilliant.

February 10th, 2016
Very unprofessional and disrespectful of our time. Go somewhere else.
My mother's appt. was about 80 minutes late even though the waiting room was almost empty. At the very end of our visit, Dr. Krause mentioned he could not do the surgery (medical issue?) and his associate would do it (who has very mixed reviews to say the least). He said my mother would need a CAT scan in addition to our MRI and told his staff to schedule. The staff said the hospital would call for the CAT scan appt. They never called so about 2 days later I called - they reassured us they would call. I also asked when Dr. Krause would be able to operate again. They got very cautious and apparently were caught off guard by that question, never really answered either. Think we were pawned off on his associate. Anyway the hospital never called, and we never heard back from Dr. Krause's office which is bad since my mother came in from out-of-state. We went to Methodist in the Medical Center - very professional and a great surgical outcome. If Dr. Krause won't / can't do the surgery they should tell you before your appt. As far as all of his "accolades" on his website and his lobby wall, my suggestion is their quite a few good and professional neurosurgeons in Houston and they don't have to advertise. Also check out the West Houston Hospital Ratings - decide if that is where you want your hospital stay. I also agree that some of his staff are quite rude. If you want to use the bathroom, have to go way down the hallway as they won't let a patient use the office bathroom. Also if you need a wheelchair, better bring it cuz it's a long way to Dr. Krause's office. All tough on patients with back issues who can hardly walk. Very unprofessional, very disrespectful of our time.

January 31st, 2014
worse front office staff ever
I when to see Dr. Kraus for neck pain and right from the start I was treated so bad by the girl at the window she is the rudest person I have ever meet. I still when ahead and saw the doctor the girl who roomed me was very sweet. He ordered an emg which I had done when I called the office for results same girl answers I think her name is( sharla) rude, rude again she claims they don't have the results. Not helpful at all. The worst part is that I am in sever pain. This doctor need a better front desk girl with a better attitude im done with this office!!

August 14th, 2013
Truly A Great Doctor
I was searching for doctor, after being involved in a major accident. I had a lot of pain in my neck and back and looked on the internet for a specialist to help with my pain. I looked over the reviews for Dr. Kraus, and made my decision to make him my doctor. That was the best and most righteous decision I ever made. This doctor is competent, caring and detailed in making the best decision for the type of treatment or surgery that you will need. I am feeling great and back on the road. You see, I am a big rig driver! And for you negative comment posters on Dr. Kraus's website. You are just crude and an angry person, who can never be pleased and most likely spend more time posting negative comments to every website that could not satisfy your brittle personality or you did not get your way. By the way, Dr. Kraus can be proud of his office manager and staff. They are very caring and do a wonderful job putting up with sick people.

June 28th, 2013
Tumor Free and Pain Free for 13 years, Thank God
13 years ago, I started losing my ability to walk and started having accidents before I could get to the bathroom. I sa Dr. Gary Kraus and found that I had a tumor in my spinal cord. My husband and I were very worried and we got other opinions. At the time my insurance company said it was best to get more than one opinion for serious medical problems. After getting two more opinions we decide to have a surgery with Dr. Kraus. Two nurses at the hospital he worked at told me he was the best. I remember driving to the hospital with my husband, and beng so nervous about whether I would ever be able to walk after the surgery. I remember being so worried in the waiting area before surgery, and the anesthesiologist giving me medicine to calm me down. The next thing I could remember was waking up after surgery, and I was so excited because I cold move my legs. I got back to work so soon my friends could not believe it. I soon was back to my normal life. I have never had a problem since the surgery, and all the scans I have had since then have showed that there is no tumor. Me and my husband could not be happier. Dr. Kraus was a blessing in our life.

May 21st, 2013
Good doctor, horrible office manager
I have chronic lower back pain and found Dr. Kraus with the hope of getting much needed diagnosis and treatment. Unfortunately this is an instance where the staff made it impossible for me to go back to the doctor. Horrible, horrible office manager. After two office visits, I was trying to get reimbursed for the difference of fees charged by the office and what the EOB indicated was patient's responsibility. For three months, the office manager, Patsy, refused to do so. I called the office numerous times. She was either dodging my call, or being very rude when I managed to speak to her. Even after she agreed that they should credit me for the amount I overpaid, she would not refund the money. For the trouble I had to go through and the unprofessional treatment by the office manager, I would absolutely not recommend this doctor.

May 24th, 2012
I would definitely recommend Dr. Krause.

May 24th, 2012
Back Surgery
For 3 months I suffered excruciating sciatica as a result of a herniated disk in the L4-L5 lumbar region. An MRI showed the disk was pressing against my sciatic nerve. Sitting was painful and driving was becoming nearly impossible. My primary care physician, Dr. William Bond, recommended surgery and also recommended Dr. Kraus. My surgery was performed the Humble Surgical Center as an outpatient procedure. The surgery lasted just 2 hours and the incision was only about 1.5 inches. The excess disk was trimmed off and the vertebrae was cleaned up a bit. Surgery started at 10 am and I walked out of the hospital on my own power at about 1:30 pm with no more pain...the relief was immediate. I did not even have pain from the incision. My wife and I went out to dinner the same night with friends. They could hardly believe it. My waiting time for the pre-op visits were a bit long but the results were definitely worth the wait. Don't risk your back with any other surgeon. You won't be disappointed.

May 22nd, 2012
First, I had to wait over 1 1/2 hrs just to see Dr Kraus. Upon seeing him, he wanted to repeat MRI's that I had done just 2 months prior. When I requested the MRI to be done at a different location, his secretary went and got the doctor. Dr Kraus subjected me to a ranting speech about how he only uses a specific business to do his radiology testing. The reason is that he has an interest in the radiology company as part owner (his words). I felt like I was trapped with a high pressure copier salesman. He was also very rough during the exam and left me in so much pain that I had to return to my orthopedist.