Overall Review

2.5

May 17th, 2016
Has an Excellent staff Just a very pleasant , professional experience

December 6th, 2015
WORSE DOCTOR IN RHODE ISLAND
I cannot believe that this so called Doctor has not had his license taken away. All of the negative reviews that I have read are 100% accurate. If you are looking for a good Neurologist who CARES and has good Knowledge DO NOT GO TO THIS SO CALLED DOCTOR, if he does have any knowledge, he does not care to share it and is so unhelpful and rude that I was completely disgusted with the time I wasted there. I don't understand how a Doctor can come into the room after the Nurse Practitioner is done sit down for 3 minutes and not say a word to you , does not care about your symptoms and could care less to take the time to listen or discuss anything with you. I have been on 2 visit's and I will not return, my Insurance is paying for me to see a Specialist, not a Nurse Practitioner. I had a procedure done and was first told by a girl that came into the room, that I could not talk to the Doctor or ask any Questions, that he was just coming in to do the Procedure, not to discuss anything about the procedure with me and the Pain that this Jerk put me through was horrifying to say the least, he also does not believe in sanitizing your skin, before jabbing you with needles and I mean jabbing. I had this same procedure done by another Neurologist and he sanitized the skin everywhere that I was receiving and injection and he was gentle with the needles, this Doctor actually jabs the needles into you, as though you are a Pin Cushion, I was actually Bleeding quite a bit after it was completed, which was under 3 minutes for 30 injections, my follow up is with the Nurse Practitioner. I will be informing my Insurance about this matter, that I do not see the Doctor, so he should not be billing my Insurance, for his time.

June 18th, 2015
Careless Doctor
Extremely careless doctor- effectively, Neuro Health (his clinic) is a big money-making operation. He spends no time with patients. Simply does injections (botox and other types) and leaves. Doesn't so much as disinfect injection areas prior to injections or after.

May 19th, 2015
Don't waste your time
If your looking for an arrogant know it all you've found him .

January 30th, 2015
Dr. L'europa is a kind, caring, professional physician that has helped me tremendously, with migraines. He takes time to explain everything and make a regimen designed for me. I am now able to live a better life with his help since he's been able to control my migraines. I am also forever grateful to Carol Robinson for her excellent and amazing care, thank you both!!!

December 3rd, 2014
brown physician
arbitrary capricious, and disqusting treatment of a severely handicapped patiient by a multimillionaire who cares more about his corvette than the health of his patient.p poo pl disgusting treatment of a handicapped patient

December 3rd, 2014
review of doctor
i was dismissed for no reason and i am in great pain. the doctor is obnoxious refused to believe me. incompetent and supercillous. his pt demanded i do bike riding and i was unable. i have gad two leg operations in the last month.

June 12th, 2014
Today's visit
Dr. L'Europa helped me get control of my cluster headaches. He knew exactly what to do when I presented with a horrendous cluster headache. The good doctor prescribed a medication that worked for me immediately. Dr. L'Europa was kind, empathetic and professional. I would highly recommend this doctor. Dr. L'Europa was a God-send.

May 12th, 2014
I would recommend Dr. L'Europa & staff to everyone!
Reading the reviews for Dr. L'Europa and his staff are very upsetting. Obviously it is only the people who are not happy who have bothered to write a review! First off, it seems the number one complaint is the overall coldness of the staff....I know five people, including myself who are patients here and this could NOT be farther from the truth. Does Dr. L'Europa spend hours chatting with you, listening to your life story...NO....should he....NO! If that is the medical help/attention you need find a therapist with a couch. Dr. L'Europ does his job of getting the medical facts, preforming the medical procedures and helping you get back to being as healthy as possible. I find him to be caring, professional, very good at his job. Next major complaint seems to be the wait time and co-payments.....when you find a free clinic where you walk right in with no wait and QUALITY care....PLEASE LET ME KNOW! One of the MANY positive things I have found about Neurohealth is how I do not have to wait long at all. ONE time I had to wait and the reason was the staff was dealing with a patient issue NOT eating bon bons. The staff felt badly over but it was unavoidable. So I guess all of you people complaining can't have it both ways....you're either being rushed or your waiting too long! My nurse practitioner is Talia and it is beyond offense for anyone to call her unfeeling and cold! She has been nothing but sympathetic, kind, caring, positive and overall very concerned about my health issue. Talia is always accessible and available to answer any questions I email into her and I always receive an answer within hours.....and it only takes that long because I know she is taking her time with her other patients! The care and concern Dr. L'Europa, Talia and other staff members have shown has been nothing but positive and encouraging since I started there 2 years ago. I had been to 3 other neurologists who's exact words were to "push through it", "I don't know what else do to for you" and "there is nothing else we can do...here are some more drugs"! From day one the HOPE alone from the staff at Neurohealth has given me has been tremendous! Someone I had recommend felt the same way....walking out of there for the first time gives you a new sense of hope that you had given up on a long time ago!! I will continue to recommend people to Neurohealth ESPECIALLY because of the medical care, personal treatment, hope and encouragement given by the staff!! And by the way....if you aren't smart enough to know a needle is not going to tickle....I feel sorry for you but don't blame it on the doctor or staff!

December 13th, 2013
Best neurology office I've been to.
I just wanted to put in my two cents here. Starting off- I realize that it is really inconvenient when you have to wait a long time past your actual appt. time to see an MD. But, to be honest, there isn't ONE of my doctors that I don't have to wait for. Doctors are notorious for running behind- so I plan on that. I, myself, had Talia L'Europa as my nurse practitioner. I have no clue what the other person was talking about but she was far from cold, she understood my headaches and she is soft spoken and actually listens. She came into the visit with some of my records in hand, ready to discuss my migraines. Dr Gary L’Europa came in for about the last 20 minutes of the visit. He maybe could have spent a little more time with me- but I am followed by two people for my care- a nurse and a specialist- and I am comfortable with that. I saw another neurologist and have had serious migraines for over 10 years. He constantly gave me pain medications, telling me nothing more could be done. Talia and Dr L’Europa actually put me on a preventative and I have had two Botox treatments (he does the injections very fast- don’t be shocked!). My migraines haven’t gone away yet- but they are the best they have been in the past few years and I feel like I can actually function again. It’s funny how no one ever takes the time to write a good review. So, I thought I would take couple minutes to do so.

June 7th, 2013
I went to the office because I have been suffering with carpal tunnel for 10+ years. I knew what was entailed by the EMG and neurological testing that needed to happen. I however was not aware of the ensuing pain that would result following the testing. I called the office the following day after the testing, (due too the extreme pain which was sent into high piercing pain) with the thought that some type of medication could be prescribed in order too cope with this pain for that day. "Talia", the nurse practitioner called me back and was very unfeeling and cold. She explained that the muscles are in spasm and that it would just have to resolve on its own and she didn't know how long it would last. After I explained that Advil and Aleve were not helping at all, she said that that was the only thing I could take. There was nothing offered aside from the two options I had already been trying, to no avail. I have 3 children and wasn't able to care for them adequately and explained this. I asked how long this pain would continue and she couldn't even give me an estimate. This nurse practitioner is very unprofessional.

May 23rd, 2013
How did he get a 'satisfactory' overall rating?
I waited so long at this office. First for the young lady who did my electrical impulses or whatever test. She was very nice, but I waited a long time to see her. Then she left the room and I waited for Dr. Europa to come in and do the 'pin' test. He was cold, arrogant, rushed me through every little part of the exam, barely said hello, and then proceeded to stick pins in me without any swabbing whatsoever, which I had never experienced before. Never warned me once with a 'you'll feel a pinch' or anything, just stuck me like a pin cushion without warning. I tried to put myself in another place mentally to get through it, but then when he was done, he naturally announced that I'd need physical therapy for carpal tunnel and asked if I had any questions, like he was on his way to a fire. I said, well, that I had never been pierced like that before without swabbing, to which he replied, "I've never had a problem with it before". Then he handed me a gauze to blot the drops of blood and left. No band aids either. I went out to the desk to sign out and set up a physical therapy session, but I was so ticked off that I wanted to go back and tell him what I thought, then I figured everyone would think I was the weird one. I never made an appointment because I didn't want to give that practice another cent. Then I got the bill for almost $500 which was the icing on this toxic cake. Never got a call from them with follow-up either. Guess they don't care. Big surprise! I asked two separate people how much this test was going to cost and they said they couldn't tell me until it was done. Well, duh! I wanted to know BEFORE I had it done. Bad experience all around. Would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Brown puts out some great doctors, but this isn't one of them. Also, the tingling in my arms is gone since I began dieting and changed my computer desk position. My brother-in-law, oddly enough, had the exact same experience with Dr. L'Europa, but I didn't know until I had already spent the money and wasted almost 3 hours there.