Dr. Gary Rogers MD Patient Reviews

3.8

November 7th, 2012
Very knowledgable and easy to talk with. You feel secure knowing your child is being treated by Dr. Rogers

November 8th, 2011
At the age of 53, my husband's vision was restored through the skills and confidence of Gary Rogers. Years of suffering with double vision and heavy prism glasses - - and opthamologists and optometrists who gave us no hope - are finally resolved. Dr. Rogers' professionalism and kindness are genuine. He has earned our trust and gratitude, and we recommend him with no reservation!

September 21st, 2009
My son had two eye surgeries performed and DR. Rogers made it a very good experience. All the risk that I was worried about he reassured me that everything would be okay. He worked very very well with my son. He has a way of making the situation very claming. He is great and I would recommend his services to everyone that I know. I'm very thankful to have found him for my sons Ophthalmologist.

April 14th, 2009
Strabismus Case
I am a young adult in my 20's with a rare type of strabismus know as Duane's Syndrome. Dr. Rogers performed a surgery on me when I was younger (8 months), with absolutely fabulous results. My eyes were no longer crossed and more importantly, I experienced no double vision. I went on to excel athletically (4 time state champion) and academically (consistent honor roll). I was also able to live a completely normal social life with few people knowing I had an ocular mobility issue. I had annual appointments with Dr. Rogers to insure nothing would change. After I turned 18 (legal age of an adult), Dr. Rogers let me go, saying he doubted anything would change with my eyes, and wished me well.Two years later, I would schedule an appointment with Dr.Rogers, complaining of diplopia (double vision). After waiting months for the appointment, I was greeted by a mundane, pessimistic, and unenthusiastic Dr. Gary Rogers. After explaining my new functional issue with diplopia, Dr. Rogers concluded that I was simply "paying more attention to it, and was more self conscious about the problem." Respectfully, I tried to explain that I had no cosmetic issues with it, it was purely functional. Again, he stated it was all mental and I was being self conscious. Frustrated, I tried to get an explanation of how I could simply be paying more attention to it. Dumbfounded, Dr. Rogers said he was sorry there was nothing he could do, and side tracked to talking about my college life.Now, if you are like any caring parent out there looking out for the best for your child, you will do research research research before you commit to a doctor to perform a surgery. It is well documented that for strabismus, there is no complete cure and surgery is only done to better the situation. Furthermore, once a surgery has been done, results are rarely completely permanent and additional surgeries are expected.So, why is it that Dr. Gary refused to believe that there was something actually wrong? Dr. Rogers is in his mid sixties. After 37 years in the business, his reputation is high enough that he does need or want to partake in particularly challenging cases. He is also a pediatric ophthalmologist, meaning he only wants to work with children. Dr. Rogers was an excellent ophthalmologist. However, he is old technology. He neither realizes the new technology available for adult strabismus nor cares to help with adults patients since he is a pediatric ophthalmologist and prefers the easier, less stressful cases.Today, I am still living with diplopia daily, anytime I try to look around. I am now searching for a strabismus specialist, which is extremely risky because this new doctor is going to have to pick up where one left off. This risk is worth it to me, however, because perfect vision is so important. Nobody should have to live with diplopia on a daily basis, and I refuse to accept Dr. Rogers' bogus diagnosis.Why did I take about 45 minutes to write my opinion about Dr. Rogers? Because I know what correct vision is, and I know how frustrating it can be living with strabismus. My original operation was 100% the correct decision by my parents. However, choosing Dr. Rogers turned out to be the wrong decision. How can you choose a doctor that is only going to help you while your are under 18? How are you going to choose a doctor that tell you your symptoms are all mental? That is a sign of weakness, lack of intelligence, and poor professionalism. "Where you start is not as important as where you finish." This quote basically sums up my frustration with Dr. Rogers. Please, if you are considering having Dr. Rogers perform a surgery, reconsider. Will he be there to help your child 5 to 10 years down the road? He wasn't for me, and I don't know why any other case would be any different. Today, I am currently trying to find a doctor that has the desire, work ethic, and pride to take on a difficult case. Until then, I was have to keep putting up with my frustrating, annoying, and limiting double vision. Thank you