A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gary Schwartz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gary Schwartz, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Ambulatory Care
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Schwartz graduated from University of Wisconsin at Madison. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Schwartz has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schwartz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Dean Health Plan - 1 plan
- Humana - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan