Dermatologist (skin)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  I think Dr Last has lost his patience and compassion  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2014

Dr. Last was my dermatologist for a long time in the 80's, and he was a patient, kind doctor who took the time to answer my questions and explain my treatment. The only negative was that his office was always full, and the wait was about an hour. I switched to a different dermatologist, but I decided to go back to Dr. Last again. Well, he has changed! He was impatient and unwelcoming. I told him what meds my former dermatologist had me on, and he said that he does not use those meds in his practice. I was willing to try something new. But then he told me that I should go back to that dermatologist. Well, why did his office allow me to make an appointment with him as a new patient? What was I wasting my time for? One thing that hasn't changed is that very long wait in the waiting room. I will never return back to Dr. Last.

May 29th, 2014

This office is ridiculous and is always "closed" whether for lunch or whatever..They recommend you a time to call after and even after that time, no one is available to assist you.

|  First & Only visit  |  show details
by Patient on Apr 3rd, 2014

The staff behind the desks were very friendly and kind. However Dr. Last is a different story. He asked me about my caffeine/ alcohol intake & stress levels and wrote a prescription before I even got the chance to ask him anything. He just kept saying "try this and make a follow up." He looked at my skin from 4 feet away and that was it. I feel like a nuisance to him, like he had other things to do and I was holding him up. I will not be filling the prescription, and will see another doctor.

|  Dont bother!  |  show details
by Unhappy customer on Feb 19th, 2014

When I initially went to see Dr.Last I was leery about the distant treatment because he didn't really examine my condition he just looked from a distance and wrote me out a prescription. The second time I went to see him his office staff were discussing another patients situation very loudly that I could hear the conversation through the glass. After waiting about 35 minutes I was finally brought back into the examining room. Once again Dr. Last begins observing from a distance and proceeds to write me out another prescription and when I questioned other treatments he became very upset and belligerent yelling as if I had insulted him. In my opinion Dr.Last is very rude, disrespectful, and insensitive!

|  Excellent Dernatologist  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2013

I had seen two Doctors,(one from UCONN) and two physician assistants and to no avail. I visited a herbal store and a pharmacist and no one could determine the rash that was on my neck, lip and on my eyelids. I was giving all sorts of medicines. I was unable to get an appointment with any dermatologist in CT until December. A friend recommended Dr Last who took me the next day sice I stated my eyelid was becoming very bad. He saw me and knew in 2 seconds that my rash was from hayfever!! He gave me prescription decongestants and I finally feel wonderful. The rash has not come back. I can finally sleep at night without the itchiness and my face and neck are all back to normal. I would highly recommend Dr. Last. His staff is also very friendly and professional!

|  Retired Ironworker  |  show details
by Michael Blackburn on Aug 27th, 2013

As always I check on any doctor I go to and I did with Dr Last, although I had been to him years ago. After reading the reviews posted here, I wondered if he had changed. I am happy to say upon entering the office I was treated by a very friendly professional staff and saw the doctor almost immediately. He was very friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and treated my condition quickly. He also was a pleasure to talk with, as a matter of fact I felt like a made a new friend. I would reccommend him to my family and friends.

|  A disgrace to the medical community  |  show details
by Vicforia Andreo on Jul 2nd, 2013

On July 18th Dr. Last agreed to see me on an emergency basis the day after I called his office. My face was severely swollen, intensely red, oozing and flaking. Dr. Last came into the examination room and advised me he was going away for three weeks. He told me to put Vaseline on my face and said he would make me an appointment with another dermatologist. The appointment he made was for 7/21 nearly three weeks away. When I asked if he would treat me he said NO and that I should be happy I had the July appointment. I was diagnosed with a staff infection as well as a serious skin yeast infection. The internist who diagnosed my condition was shocked to hear I had seen a dermatologist the week before and was not treated. Dr. Last's behavior was highly unethical. His arrogance and unprofessional conduct make him a disgrace to the medical community

|  Continuing care  |  show details
by N. M. Sargent on May 31st, 2013

I have seen Dr. Last for the past three years and could not be more pleased with this association. His examinations are thorough and he listens to my concerns. I'd strongly recommend him.

|  First Time Office Visit  |  show details
by Gail G. on May 13th, 2013

After reading all the negative reviews about Dr. Last I was a little leery about seeing him, but decided I would come to my own conclusion and kept my appointment. I had a 4:00 o'clock appointment and was pleasantly surprised when I was taken into an examining room about 3 minutes later, unlike the reviews that others had written, that they had to wait 1 hour plus to be called in. Upon going into the examining room Dr. Last came in within 5 minutes. He explained to me what he was going to do and was very nice. He assured me that he thought it was nothing to worry about, I also found his staff to be very polite, unlike what other people had written.

Sep 11th, 2012

If you want scars and need plastic surgery to fix his mess,hes your guy!

|  Good & Bad  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

My condition (Rosacea) was already fully diagnosed by other Dr's so I have no idea on how he deals with the unknowns. I can say however that I felt fully rushed; That he didn't really care to listen to me or my needs (on 2 separate visits now).But after going to several different Docs and trying numerous oral and topicals what he prescribed, which was different from others, is working. So, for effectiveness, which is really all I care about, he's working ---- so far!Others on here are complaining of arrogance, no argument from me. As far as the cash customer, I'm sure there is more to it than that. But, his office does not take credit cards. So if you're an HSA user like myself, you have to have checks, which I don't & it is a pain to pay.

Jan 9th, 2012

Dissatisfied

|  Arrogance!  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2011

I made an appointment to see Dr. Last for a full body exam, explaining payment would be out of pocket via cash, check or credit card, whatever was preferred. Dr. Last's office manager quoted me a rate, which was agreeable. The appointment was made for 2 months later. Two days after this appointment was made, I received a call from the office manager and was told my appointment is being canceled. They do not accept anyone who does not have insurance despite their ability to pay out of pocket for treatment.I explained that I was willing to pay up front, prior to even setting foot into the office for the appointment. The office manager once again said that my appointment is cancelled.This is pure arrogance on the part of this dermatologist and shows no caring or compassion for patients. I am disgusted with Dr. Last's lack of business & medical ethics. If I am willing and able to pay for an exam out of pocket, why should I or anyone else be denied service? Discrimination, lack of medical care ethics and arrogance, all of which should be unacceptable in this profession!

|  Rude and Late  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2011

I arrived 20 min early and was finally seen 45 min after my scheduled appt. I told him my medication sensitivity and asked what they active ingredients were in some of the topical meds he was giving me. He spent 25 min telling me off for making him feel like he needed to defend himself against my questions. Then when I was scheduling a 3 month follow up he whispered to the nurse I was nothing but trouble then started yelling at me from the end of the hallway announcing to everyone the meds he prescribed to me and why he was right about it.

Jul 6th, 2011

Dr. Last didn't even look at ecezema on my hands to properly prescribe me or let me know what was best for me with helping my condidtion. He just wrote me my prescription and that was pretty much it.

|  Terrible bedside manner...  |  show details
by Julia on Jan 5th, 2011

Dr. Last was rude and condescending. He prescribed a very strong antibiotic without taking the necessary precautions. I did not fill the prescription and would never go back. Am getting a second opinion. It also took a long time to get an appointment.

Nov 3rd, 2010

After 1 hr 50 min wait to be squeezed in for a emergency situation, Dr. Last spent perhaps 5 minutes with me, made a diagnosis without even looking at skin condition, and got me out the door with a prescription that did nothing. In fact, diagnosis was wrong. My opinion, this is the kind of Dr. that gets sued and rightfully so. Never again with Dr. Last for me.